2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Redcy

I don't know why posters are being so hard on him. He played pretty well at the beginning of last season. He was off for a long time with injury. The last two games have kind of been his pre-season. I think he will continue to start in alternating games with Rasmus for the next couple of weeks. I hope he finds some form in that time. He really helps the team when he does.
He isnt going to last that long. He had a couple of games at the start of the seasons where he was okay, then he was shocking when he came back. People keep making excuses for him, he has been at the club 8 years and his best season was 17 goals, once.... The whole point is that he has looked ok when not injured, but he is rarely available for more than a month, unless he is playing tiny amounts of minutes. The guy is done, I don't think its actually laziness, its that he is incapable of doing it. I think a lot of it is mental now when he does play, he cant sprint, he cant dribble, and he cant shoot, he looks like he is always frightened of getting injured and I get it

garelo

It was never his fault with Martial. FIrst evil Jose took his shirt number off and signed another strikers to replace him, then clueless ole didn't support him through injuries and signed strikers to replace him, i wonder what the excuse will be with ETH, too lenient or too tough on him?

Belisarius

He isnt going to last that long. He had a couple of games at the start of the seasons where he was okay, then he was shocking when he came back. People keep making excuses for him, he has been at the club 8 years and his best season was 17 goals, once.... The whole point is that he has looked ok when not injured, but he is rarely available for more than a month, unless he is playing tiny amounts of minutes. The guy is done, I don't think its actually laziness, its that he is incapable of doing it. I think a lot of it is mental now when he does play, he cant sprint, he cant dribble, and he cant shoot, he looks like he is always frightened of getting injured and I get it
Well, if he looks okay when he’s not injured, and he’s not currently injured, then why not hope he plays ok for the next little while. We could use some ok up front right about now.

pascell

I don't know why posters are being so hard on him. He played pretty well at the beginning of last season. He was off for a long time with injury. The last two games have kind of been his pre-season. I think he will continue to start in alternating games with Rasmus for the next couple of weeks. I hope he finds some form in that time. He really helps the team when he does.
Played well for a few games at the beginning of last season, read that again, last season and now we're not allowed to criticise him? The standards have dropped through the floor around here and at the club, he should've been sold years ago.

philippexyz

Another played that overstayed his welcome, similar to De Gea(and probably McTominay).

We'll finally get rid of him when his contracts runs out next summer. Probably the same happens with Maguire and maybe Van de Beek in two years.

Redcy

Well, if he looks okay when he’s not injured, and he’s not currently injured, then why not hope he plays ok for the next little while. We could use some ok up front right about now.
Well the problem is you can’t play him for more than about 50 mins a game over a month before he breaks down. Do we have much choice? No, but people expecting anything more than around 1000 mins a season, or he might come good are deluded.

lex talionis

Even though footballers are quoted weekly, they actually get paid monthly.

Sad what he has become though.
Thanks for the clarification. Weekly does seem excessively frequent. Biweekly is the norm in the private sector in the US and monthly is the norm in the public sector in the US.

Either way, incredibly sad. We would all like to know what really happened. Yes, injuries, but did Ole really force him to play through injuries? And does it all really go back to Jose's disastrous decision to bring in Sanchez and banish Martial? Or did it all fall apart for Martial during his earliest days with United when his private life was a self-made train wreck?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He got 23 goals a mere 4 seasons ago!

Ghostrider318

Another passenger who wouldve been binned a while ago at any other club.

I dont see who will sign him for even half his wages once he leaves

garelo

He got 23 goals a mere 4 seasons ago!
And he was bitching the only manager who helped him reached the 20 goals threadmark. that same manager who gave his no. 9 back, and that same manager who played him in his "best position" pfft... this guy is a rat.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Im kind of here with him too. He’s clearly not fit yet. The only reason I’m not enthusiastic about him anymore is his fitness record is appalling. We finally get him up to speed and he’s gone missing for another few months. He’s always played the game the same way but he was fit and first choice before. I bet he’ll knock in a few goals soon and get injured and leave the heavy lifting to Rasmus this season which is obviously a major problem with a striker on the kind of contract he currently is. If he was fit he’d be an asset. As it stands he’s a liability.

hobbers

I don't know why posters are being so hard on him. He played pretty well at the beginning of last season.
He played a sum total of 130 minutes of football in our first 15 league games last season :lol:

And we lost 2 of the 4 games he appeared in.

Standards are rock bottom enough without making stuff up to excuse the very worst players in the squad

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
He'd probably do better if he actually played. The last time he completed 90 minutes was January 2021 when we lost 2-1 to Sheff United...
Incredible. Almost 3 years ago. I knew his fitness record was bad but this really takes the cake.

And yet some continue to call for us to give him a chance and repeat the usual "if he can remain fit..." bollocks.

ElDiabloRojo

Turned up, seen RH is starting ahead of him tomorrow and left in a huff.

Maybe a million other reasons too!!!

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
It was fairly obvious that was what happened from the clickbait Mail story. Had he already been so injured that he couldn’t train he wouldn’t have turned up at all and if it was a new injury they’d have investigated it - not left within 4 minutes. Still, better to be hours early than hours late though.

Jeffthered

Can we just delete this thread now, or just draw a line under this idiot who continues to take the p*** out of Man Utd. We don't want or need him. I would play a 'false' nine all day long instead of starting that man. He's a joke. You have commentator's laughing about him! It's embarrassing.

Get him out and away from the club. Deschamps didn't want him, got rid. Sevilla boss didn't want him, sent him back. Mourinho told everyone who would listen, that this so called 'player' is nothing... and yet here he is, still, still, still being involved in first team matters at Manchester United FC.

It's embarrassing. Utterly embarrassing.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Can we just delete this thread now, or just draw a line under this idiot who continues to take the p*** out of Man Utd. We don't want or need him. I would play a 'false' nine all day long instead of starting that man. He's a joke. You have commentator's laughing about him! It's embarrassing.

Get him out and away from the club. Deschamps didn't want him, got rid. Sevilla boss didn't want him, sent him back. Mourinho told everyone who would listen, that this so called 'player' is nothing... and yet here he is, still, still, still being involved in first team matters at Manchester United FC.

Oh my :lol:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Who hurt you?

Jeffthered

Admittedly, I hardly slept last night, so I am even more grouchy today, but hey, tis' how it is sometimes... but I cannot stand this player. Stands for everything that is wrong at Man Utd FC. And he's still there. Thing is, he'll score a good goal (at some stage, he must do something... right?) and you will have people saying we should stick with him.

He's played over 300 games for Man Utd. 300. That's almost surreal.

seasidedaz

Not happening you forgot he is Joel glazer’s favourite player he remind‘s him of Pele he said. I bet a new contract will be offered soon.

poleglass red

being early is just as bad as being late in ETH's eyes, see a suspension or fine coming his way :)

chocolate cloud

The posts in this thread just show how gullible and easily led some of you are.

What an absolute non-story by the Mail but it has done its purpose - generated clicks.

He arrived too early. Big whoop.

Dolf

Everytime i see pictures of players driving these very expensive cars i can’t help but laugh. All you people here complaining and getting worked up while these players know that in 10 years time they will be retired, filthy rich and without a care in the world.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Everytime i see pictures of players driving these very expensive cars i can’t help but laugh. All you people here complaining and getting worked up while these players know that in 10 years time they will be retired, filthy rich and without a care in the world.
And in 20 years time half of them have pissed away all their money and are poorer than me.

EI Beatle

So he turned up at the wrong time for training and instead of staying and hitting the gym/shooting practice, he gets back into his car and goes home... This just sums up this guy