2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Godfather

If he could run and stay fit he would be quite something. The technical ability and strength is there. He sadly completely lost his pace and burst though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Great to see him play a good role with Hojlund out.
While some have totally ruled him out he's still got his value.

kundalini

Lovely finish for his goal, also good play earlier in the move. Occasional link-up but other times he surprisingly failed to find a team-mate. Lack of movement and physicality is a big issue.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I counted atleast 12 instances where he was in a good position asking for the ball and never got it.

No striker at Utd will flourish if we just ignore them.
He should do better against Gala during the week with 2 actual hard working wingers either side of him if he starts. I don’t think we can afford to carry both Martial and Rashfords lack on intensity against better teams this year. The rest of the team is still so shaky.

NoPace

If he could run and stay fit he would be quite something. The technical ability and strength is there. He sadly completely lost his pace and burst though.
Yeah, I think the combo of losing his speed and always being injured means that Ten Hag will let him go this summer and we'll sign a new striker, even though I think Ten Hag rates him as a footballer. He can't be getting slower, always injured AND allergic to tap-ins/headers/the 6 yard box really anything physical other than his very good hold up play around half. But hopefully he can contribute well the rest of the year and help us quality for the CL. That's probably best case scenario at this point unless he has a stunning rejuvenation.

Pronewbie

Peep
Surprised to see he still has the burst of pace to bamboozle defenders. Great touches to draw the penalty and score the 3rd. He'll tear it up in the Saudi League.

city-puma

He made a pass in the midfield to release the right winger and jogged all the way to the box and produced a relaxed dink. As lazy as before! ;)

The Purley King

Thought he did pretty well today.
Very well taken goal, a good run that lead to the penalty and he put himself about a bit too.
He won a few headers as well which I don’t think I’ve seen for a few years.
Good effort all round (didn’t think I’d say that about him again, but fair play)

always_hoping

When he was selected to start I'm sure plenty thought we'd get the moody version of Martial offering nothing to the contest.

A goal and won the penalty and his all round game was decent. Need more of that from him in the weeks ahead.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Very good second half in fairness. He enjoyed that, didn't he? Maybe he had just forgotten what it fieels like.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
According to Neville he has a reputation/history of diving.

AFC NimbleThumb

His stats against Everton are ridiculous so I expected a goal but when you see the finish like that it can only make you think what could have been. Love this guy but he’s not long for the club.

Grande

Yeah, that was weird to hear. I don't remember Martial diving much in his whole United career. Bruno yes, not Martial.
He had a period after talking with Ole where both he and Tashford started to go down a bit easier when actually hindered. It won us a host of PK’s until Kloppier-Than-Thou cynically vaxinated refs in England against awarding us a pen almost ever again.

KeanoMagicHat

He had a period after talking with Ole where both he and Tashford started to go down a bit easier when actually hindered. It won us a host of PK’s until Kloppier-Than-Thou cynically vaxinated refs in England against awarding us a pen almost ever again.
Yeah it was annoying when people started to point out how many penalties we got like it was a major conspiracy, when they were nearly all solid penalty shouts. It's like no thought went into it 'more penalties = more diving/bad decisions' when the main reason was that Martial was the most direct striker at dribbling at pace at defenders at the time, so of course he'd get more penalties than a big slow CF who would hold the ball up. Same with Rashford, if you run at defenders at pace in the box, you will get more penalties over the course of a season, it's logical.

Gator Nate

Loved having that ref take the yellow back after the replay today. I wanted to pop his head off for giving it in the first place. The commentators were talking about Martial's "reputation." Well, Young reached out to trip him, clear as day. Martial wanted a goal, not a foul.

Farmershawn

If we can't find another striker to sign for us in the summer, I would say he can stay at the club if he can accept a pay as you play deal similar to Owen

RuudtheRed

Loved having that ref take the yellow back after the replay today. I wanted to pop his head off for giving it in the first place. The commentators were talking about Martial's "reputation." Well, Young reached out to trip him, clear as day. Martial wanted a goal, not a foul.
Ironically Young is a known diver (Man Utd v QPR anyone?), but yes Martial doesn't usually go down in the box for no reason

tenhagsimp

The right move for next games is drop Rashford, Martial to LW and Hojlund up top. Think he will link up nicely with someone who isnt a selfish brat. They also can swap position during games.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Still the same issues but at least he was productive and showed a bit more grit. If he only would push himself more, same for Rashford

Zlatanator

Bro is grinning like crazy after the match, stopped after seeing the camera :D

Jeffthered

Has anyone actually suggested he get a contract?
So, how else do you, (who I assume thinks that Manchester United FC should retain the services of Anthony Martial, because he scored against Everton) think Utd keep this player, without a contract?

Brophs

The One and Only
I don’t really have a point in saying this, but his body language and demeanour seems way more positive to me this season. He’s smiling quite a bit, even when he’s being subbed on. He also looks a lot more lean. It obviously hasn’t translated into much in the way of performances much at the moment but at least he doesn’t have that world weary look we’ve seen so much of in recent seasons.

dogwithabone

I can’t see ETH dropping Rashford, even though Martial replacing him on left is a good call. I think he will do everything he can to get him going again, it’s the same blind faith that Ole had in him.

DickDastardly

I don’t really have a point in saying this, but his body language and demeanour seems way more positive to me this season. He’s smiling quite a bit, even when he’s being subbed on. He also looks a lot more lean. It obviously hasn’t translated into much in the way of performances much at the moment but at least he doesn’t have that world weary look we’ve seen so much of in recent seasons.
Yeah, he's just not fit for top level modern football.

Doesn't cover enough ground, doesn't press with purpose....

Luxury player to have.
Not sure we can afford him playing.

flappyjay

So, how else do you, (who I assume thinks that Manchester United FC should retain the services of Anthony Martial, because he scored against Everton) think Utd keep this player, without a contract?
It's a simple question. You went off about 8 years and implying people want him to stay. To which I asked who has suggested Anthony get a contract .

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Keep him until the summer obviously

Nep77

9 more to 100 goals? Hopefully he will get the remaining goals before the contract expire in the summer.

Raven

It's good to see him score and play well, hopefully we can see a bit more of it before the end of the season.

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
I can’t see ETH dropping Rashford, even though Martial replacing him on left is a good call. I think he will do everything he can to get him going again, it’s the same blind faith that Ole had in him.
Imo, playing him out wide just about highlights every weakness he has. Thought he was quite good against Everton, bizarre to see the amount of times he was free in the middle but ignored during build-ups. He excels at one-twos and bringing others into play. More often than not, he'll either successfully hold onto the ball and bring someone into play, or he'll be fouled and win a freekick. More often than not, we either played it backwards or went for the "most likely to fail" through ball from our own half.