View full 2023-24 profile

4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
There are plenty of players out there better than Martial that we could obtain on less wages. Most Premier League striker don’t earn his salary. The club could take advantage of players coming into the end of their contracts as there will be better options than him on a free transfers.

He’s currently earning £200k a week as a bench player. He has a terrible injury record, bad attitude, had a failed loan spell with Sevilla. 9 years at this club and his last good season was during Covid with no fans. There is no way his contract should be renewed at £150k, not even at £50k a week. He’s a failure that should have been sold 2/3 years ago.

I find it amazing how many Man Utd fans still rate him.
Who? A player coming on free will get a signing on fee. We paid around £14m for a season of Ighalo. £2.5m to loan Weghorst for half a season. Not as simple as you think.

We're still no better a team with Hojlund (£20m a season) than Martial, and we saw how bad it was with Rashford (£18m a season) at the weekend.

Rex Banner

I refuse to believe this is true. Even a one year extension would be an unbelievable decision. No one is going to pay us money for Martial. Just admit defeat and get rid of him.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Could tell him he'll get a new downgraded contract if he can experience himself as fit enough for the remainder of the season and contributes 15 goals/assists for the rest of the season. Then de Gea him in summer. At least he'd be earning a part of his million a month deal.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Apparently we are in talks to RENEW his contract

I'm guessing same old story. He could go on a free, but we extend his contract so clubs have to pay a fee, and then no one wants him and we are stuck with Martial
Isn't that just diplomat speak. We are talking could mean anything. Like talking about going out on loan.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Apparently we are in talks to RENEW his contract

I'm guessing same old story. He could go on a free, but we extend his contract so clubs have to pay a fee, and then no one wants him and we are stuck with Martial
We are talking with them. Not that we want to renew them.

m1tch

Surely we'll not give him a new deal, no matter what the pay cut, short of there being no funds to recruit for a 3rd choice CF I guess?

Retaining an ability to recoup a fee just isn't worth it given that there's no one that wants to buy him. We could let him go for free to our main rivals and it really wouldn't matter.

Ricardo de la Vega

Snap their hand off if true

Would treat with a great deal of caution. Often these Turkish clubs' offers are nowhere near as good as they sound if they are real at all - it might be - a bag of sweets and if Martial scores 200 goals in four games we'll start paying you cash money, in Turkish lira, which could eventually reach £7m if he plays 100 years.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It's a good deal regardless of the fee. If we get rid of his wages I'm pretty certain United would take no fee.

RVN1991

Would treat with a great deal of caution. Often these Turkish clubs' offers are nowhere near as good as they sound if they are real at all - it might be - a bag of sweets and if Martial scores 200 goals in four games we'll start paying you cash money, in Turkish lira, which could eventually reach £7m if he plays 100 years.
Just taking him off the wage bill would be a massive win for the club.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Why didn't they approach Martial directly, as it is their right 6 months before his contract expires, to secure his signature in the summer? Because they have 7 million pounds to spare? And why shouldn't Martial just sit on his contract, milking this cash cow, and then look for the best deal for him as a free agent? Just don't trigger the 1-year extension because, i promise you, all these offers will go away as if by magic.

MJay

Why didn't they approach Martial directly, as it is their right 6 months before his contract expires, to secure his signature in the summer? Because they have 7 million pounds to spare? And why shouldn't Martial just sit on his contract, milking this cash cow, and then look for the best deal for him as a free agent? Just don't trigger the 1-year extension because, i promise you, all these offers will go away as if by magic.
This happens on a regular basis. Fenerbahce know that in the summer his options are plentiful and they will probably lose out. So they would have approached him (if rumour is true) directly, and Martial would have agreed to the contract, and now they want to make sure they get him this transfer window.

Pickle85

This happens on a regular basis. Fenerbahce know that in the summer his options are plentiful and they will probably lose out. So they would have approached him (if rumour is true) directly, and Martial would have agreed to the contract, and now they want to make sure they get him this transfer window.
I honestly don't think he's going to have many clubs better than fenerbahce interested. He's the definition of 'busted flush'.

greater wall

Everyone was shitting on Fred but he is tearing it up in the Turkish league. Martial is very talented but like Saha previously cannot cope with the PL intensity. The Turkish league might be perfect for him.

kaku06

Who the hell is even contemplating such madness? What the actual feck? This is insanity. Fecking get rid of him.

HookedOnAPhelan

Everyone was shitting on Fred but he is tearing it up in the Turkish league. Martial is very talented but like Saha previously cannot cope with the PL intensity. The Turkish league might be perfect for him.
Saha was a great player, he was just made of crackers. Martial isn't even close to him.

chocolate cloud

We should sell immediately. He should have been sold in 2022 summer after coming back from Sevilla. Same with VDB.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I can only see him going if we can find a cut price striker to bring in this window, who also fits the profile of not being too old. Some ask on a limited budget, so I can see Martial staying.

Marwood

I can only see him going if we can find a cut price striker to bring in this window, who also fits the profile of not being too old. Some ask on a limited budget, so I can see Martial staying.
I can't see our results being impacted by Martial being here or not. Does anybody believe him being here results in us finishing higher up the table?

So I'm not sure him leaving hinges on a other player coming in.

He's also been "ill" for about 3 weeks now. Seems like there are issues behind the scenes.

lex talionis

If there's no one willing to take him off our books, so be it. It's only 1m per month we're shoveling into the furnace. Make him train with the reserves until May, when he become a free man with tens of millions of quid he can take back to France with him and live the good life.

Stuu

Would be funny (and telling) if he starts playing amazing like so many do when their next contract is on the line. Now or never.

Guv77

Would be funny (and telling) if he starts playing amazing like so many do when their next contract is on the line. Now or never.
don’t think he has the energy/desire/ to do that in his dreams never mind on a football pitch.

AndySmith1990

Clubs should get together and agree to take players' base salary down to minimum wage, with the rest of it being made up in performance related bonuses. It'd prevent lazy fecks like Martial and Sancho taking the piss

Spaghetti

Mom's
Clubs should get together and agree to take players' base salary down to minimum wage, with the rest of it being made up in performance related bonuses. It'd prevent lazy fecks like Martial and Sancho taking the piss
That would be total chaos with in-fighting.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
No idea how its 2023 and he's still here. Nearly been here for a decade.
Had a quick gander on Wikipedia so here's a few attacking players with less appearances for United than him:

Andy Cole
Dwight Yorke
Nani
Ruud Van Nistelrooy
Dimitar Berbatov
Louis Saha
Eric Cantona

If you compare the quality of those players to Martial, it becomes obvious how low standards have fallen and how badly the club has been run for the past 10 years.

freddie the red

This idea that people have hatred for him is for the fairies. Nobody here knows him so there's no hatred, it's just Martial fanboys trying their damnest to justify him being here.
I don't hate him but I can't stand seeing him on the pitch in the shirt.
Lazy, sulky, hardly ever available for whatever reason so I just want to see him gone.
Not bothered about the finances, that's for the club to bear, just get him gone.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Had a quick gander on Wikipedia so here's a few attacking players with less appearances for United than him:

Andy Cole
Dwight Yorke
Nani
Ruud Van Nistelrooy
Dimitar Berbatov
Louis Saha
Eric Cantona

If you compare the quality of those players to Martial, it becomes obvious how low standards have fallen and how badly the club has been run for the past 10 years.
That's absolute madness. Some of those players are worth 20 Martial's.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015

Andy Cole
Dwight Yorke
Nani
Ruud Van Nistelrooy
Dimitar Berbatov
Louis Saha
Eric Cantona

That contract extension on ridiculous wages was extremely stupid.

We have had an issue with letting players go these last 10 years. It started with that stupid contract to Rooney and then continued with Nani (we extended his contract and then paid him to play for Sporting), Zlatan (after his ACL injury at that age), Jones, Bailly, Martial, De Gea, Shaw, Bruno, Matic, Mata, and I am sure there are many more which I am forgetting. Pogba rejected one or he'd also be sitting here on ridiculous wages with us not knowing what to do with him.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
That contract extension on ridiculous wages was extremely stupid.

We have had an issue with letting players go these last 10 years. It started with that stupid contract to Rooney and then continued with Nani (we extended his contract and then paid him to play for Sporting), Zlatan (after his ACL injury at that age), Jones, Bailly, Martial, De Gea, Shaw, Bruno, Matic, Mata, and I am sure there are many more which I am forgetting. Pogba rejected one or he'd also be sitting here on ridiculous wages with us not knowing what to do with him.
The problem over the last few years is that we always leave it too late. We seem to negotiate contracts when the players have a year left so could leave for free and have all the negotiating power. That's what caused the ridiculous De Gea contract and others.

There needs to be foresight at least two years out to either sell or negotiate slightly improved terms.

No new players should be instantly one of our highest earners either.