Anthony Martial and Willian swap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Would be happy with a Wilian for Martial swap.

Kag

He'd make Lingard completely redundant. I'm not sure where Martial really factors into it.

Whoever we buy isn't going to change much to begin with, but signing Willian is just pointless. He's not the winger we need out on the right. He's just a better version of Lingard that will buzz about, put in a shift and score some nice goals.

He's not the forward we need to play alongside Lukaku and Sanchez in a front three. Not even close.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He'd make Lingard completely redundant. I'm not sure where Martial really factors into it.

Whoever we buy isn't going to change much to begin with, but signing Willian is just pointless. He's not the winger we need out on the right. He's just a better version of Lingard that will buzz about, put in a shift and score some nice goals.

He's not the forward we need to play alongside Lukaku and Sanchez in a front three. Not even close.
You can make that Lingard point for any right sided attacker we buy. With regards to Willian's ability, I think he's pretty much tailor made for a Jose team, electric on the break, positionally disciplined, got a fierce shot, set piece delivery which we currently lack, completely adapted to the league, would fit in nicely.

Did you see him against Barcelona?

Kag

You can make that Lingard point for any right sided attacker we buy. With regards to Willian's ability, I think he's pretty much tailor made for a Jose team, electric on the break, positionally disciplined, got a fierce shot, set piece delivery which we currently lack, completely adapted to the league, would fit in nicely.

But we don't need a player like him. If we're going to play with a three man midfield (albeit I don't think Mourinho has a foggy about this) then you don't buy Willian and play him on the right. He's not that player. You buy a forward that can score lots of goals. It's why Sanchez, in spite of playing like a twat, was theoretically the sort of forward we should be signing.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
But we don't need a player like him. If we're going to play with a three man midfield (albeit I don't think Mourinho has a foggy about this) then you don't buy Willian and play him on the right. He's not that player. You buy a forward that can score lots of goals. It's why Sanchez, in spite of playing like a twat, was theoretically the sort of forward we should be signing.
Well, that might be the case if you've got a right-footed Marcelo at RB. But without a capable player on the right, we will continue to see an unbalanced asymmetrical attacking play that is utterly predictable. Unfortunately, Sanchez is not that player, otherwise he would have been played on the right. And taking into account what type of centre forward we've got, someone who has a nasty first touch but superb physical power, we need someone who can actually stretch play and provide good crosses (which we'd also hopefully get from actual full backs).

AgentP

I think Willian will leave if Conte stays. That's why we let them win the FA Cup! Jose has planned everything.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Has Willian ever hit double digits in goals and/or assists over the course of a season in England? I don't think so!

Willian's best days are behind him, we already have Sanchez as an older player, definitely don't need another one.

It would be madness to swap Martial with him. Mourinho has to do better with Martial and the likes of Pogba. Next season the pressure will be on, another season where we win nothing and play like shit and it'll be curtains for the portuguese who only has himself to blame for then.

FujiVice

Willian was in the carpark before the United fans yesterday. Got dressed and fecked off. He's well gone. Sadly it'll be to us.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
From a purely selfish pov is love it if United swapped martial for Willian, such a short term view

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It would be a pretty insane swap, unless it came with a 40-50m fee to us as well.

el3mel

I can't see this swap happening, just from the fact that I don't know where will Martial play there ? He won't play on the left that's for sure as Hazard is there and they work better with Giroud as a main striker (They tried Hazard in this ST role and failed so don't think they're going to try it again with different player), that leaves only the right flank for him to play in which he's not good at it. That will be pretty bad choice of transfer for Martial tbh. He has no chance pushing Hazard out of his position.

It'll only work if Hazard is going to leave for Madrid.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
A deal with Spurs involving Alderweireld seems more likely to me. You get a player that you actually need and Martial gets to play in the CL rather than the EL with Chelsea.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
A deal with Spurs involving Alderweireld seems more likely to me. You get a player that you actually need and Martial gets to play in the CL rather than the EL with Chelsea.
Do you envisage this deal involving you giving us a fair bit of money as well?

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Do you envisage this deal involving you giving us a fair bit of money as well?
No. Why should it? Alderweireld is top-notch CB whilst Martial is just a bit-part player at United.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
No. Why should it? Alderweireld is top-notch CB whilst Martial is just a bit-part player at United.
I'm not suggesting a huge sum of money, 10/20m or something, but he's worth more than Alderweireld. You've not been playing him as much as we've not played Martial, and Martial is a lot younger and clearly has potential.

Crimson King

Wouldn't make sense for Martial unless one of Eriksen or Kane leaves. Doubt he'll want to leave United to just sit on the bench or have to become a RW somewhere else.

Can see him going to Chelsea if Hazard goes to Madrid, but think it would be a bad deal.

We should just sell him abroad if he does go, would get a smaller fee probably but there's too much potential there to let a PL club have him directly.

R'hllor

How many times Chelsea players downed tools, backstabbing their manager etc. Bunch of cnuts, Willian tho surprised me with that bollox because he was one of few who looked decent in a season when JM got a sack from Chelsea few years ago.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Another mediocre player. The only Chelsea player I’d swap Martial for is Hazard. £100 million plus Martial. Would never happen in a billion years though as Hazard thinks Mourinho is a useless cnut.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Martial is worth more than Alderweireld so yeah if a deal with Spurs was to happen it would be Alderweireld + cash for Martial. Especially as Tony has more suitors on the table.

I don't see Spurs paying wages that Martial would want anyway.

Devil may care

I'm surprised at Willian acting like such a petty little cnut, I guess Mourinho rubbed off on him.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Martial is worth more than Alderweireld so yeah if a deal with Spurs was to happen it would be Alderweireld + cash for Martial. Especially as Tony has more suitors on the table.

What are his current wages?

Bojan11

Do not want.

He has like a good one month spell every season. But the rest of it is average.

Gbenger

Martial is on 65k per week. We are paying him peanuts.

Spurs would easily offer him more than that amount.

beingshe7don

Sanchez and Griezmann need to be swapped and not Martial and Willian. Ed Woodward... needs to wake up and smell the freaking Earl Grey.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Well, Martial would have to compete for a starting spot at Spurs - so if he's looking for a guaranteed berth then he won't come to us.

But if he can find a team that's in the CL, guarantee him a starting place and bump up his wages, then good luck to him.

caid

Heh, good luck with that. Neither are in the least bit likely.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I wouldn't mind having Willian as an option on the right side but that does not mean sacrificing Martial for that, Martial is too talented to be let go for someone who, while showing signs of being a good player, is in his late 20's.

That will leave our winger positions as Willian and Sanchez, both of whom will be 30 next season and will be need replacing in a few seasons. Why put yourselves in the situation to spend millions of pounds in a few seasons when you have someone already.

Sing you a song

He was outstanding in that game , I would take him all day long but don’t think they would sell him to us after the Matic deal got them so much criticism.Personally I would swap for Martial who is looking more and more isolated but again think it would be a difficult deal to do

Status
Not open for further replies.