Anthony Martial | Sevilla loan watch

DevilRed

I wonder if Ten Hag can get anything out of him.

Literally the textbook case of a talented footballer who was paid too much too soon, for achieving feck all.

Lazy. Entitled. Scummy outside of football.

Sums up our transfers over the last 8 years really.

Dont even think we can sell him for much money at this rate.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.

Literally the textbook case of a talented footballer who was paid too much too soon, for achieving feck all.

At his current wages and current performance level I literally don't think any club would be willing to pay a fee for him. Any fee. He's been that bad.

DevilRed

At his current wages and current performance level I literally don't think any club would be willing to pay a fee for him. Any fee. He's been that bad.
Somehow gotten even worse after his loan spell. Now even the mid tier clubs abroad know he can't hack it.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Somehow gotten even worse after his loan spell. Now even the mid tier clubs abroad know he can't hack it.
Yep, his stock is so low now he wouldn't get a look in at Newcastle or Brighton - and they wouldn't touch him with a bargepole because they probably have better options and there's certainly better money options out there. Loan him to serie a and let him do a Tammy Abraham then sell for good money is all we can do IMO. Should have sent him there instead of Seville to begin with...that is easier said in retrospect though I suppose

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I think he could do well under ETH as a 9. But his attitude and off the field behaviour is abysmal.

Denis79

Did an interview with a Sevilla based newspaper, here's the direct quotes:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/complicated-continue-man-united-forward-quizzed-club-future-beyond-season/

The guy is full of shit and he's started to believe his own lies it seems.
He knows Sevilla won't want to buy or take on his wages to extend the loan. I was really hoping he would do well enough so we could offload him.

Guess we're stuck with him until his contract expires and he goes on free. He's the player I have least faith in to turn around his poor form.

pascell

Wouldn't even entertain the idea, he needs binning off asap for whatever fee offered.

C'est Moi Cantona

We can't get rid of all the players everyone wants to leave all at once, with Martial been one of the few of these with a decent length to his contract, and hardly looking very appealing to other clubs, could be one that stays for now, which wouldn't be the end of the world if we get rid of most of the others imo.

The only way I could really see him going is if ETH is sick of him early on, and we do another loan somehwere.

choccy77

He will be on his way back to Manchester soon, unlike his wife who will be on another rich dude.

Red00012

No one will even take him on loan next season . We are stuck with him

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I think he could do well under ETH as a 9. But his attitude and off the field behaviour is abysmal.
Well then why do you think he can do well if you know his attitude is abysmal

What a player does off the pitch is just as important

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
No one will even take him on loan next season . We are stuck with him
For 3 years too at massive wages, at this point you can only pray he can be an impact squad player with the next coach but he looks absolutely past it beyond redemption. Not surprised about the possible truth to those marital issues as well, just all-around misery for Martial.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Well then why do you think he can do well if you know his attitude is abysmal

What a player does off the pitch is just as important
I mean more his skill set and ETH tapping into that. Agree that off the field is just as important.

Blood Mage

Lopetegui is a good coach, better than any coach we've had since Fergie. If he can't get performances out of Martial it doesn't bode well for him. He's starting to look like a player who peaked too early.

Raven

I don't think there's much hope left for him, which is a damn shame. Ten Hag has done interesting things with other players that didn't look great elsewhere but Martial looks defeated.

Glorio

Don't here much from Martial FC anymore.
Gave up my membership after one lockdown game where Ole could be clearly heard over the empty stadium, loudly begging "Anto" to run, and he just stayed aloof doing nothing.

I actually respect Martial FC for going quiet, rather than try to provide excuses to defend the terrible performances he's been putting up for a long while now. :)

Ranchero

Martial returning with his tail between his legs and leaning on his inflated salary as nobody who wants him would be able to pay his wages make him a bigger sulk than he already is. He is a symptom of our demise - ridiculous money paid for overrated young player with a terrible attitude.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Can someone tell me what he’s done off the pitch? Have I missed a story?
Rumours he cheated on his (second) wife, after doing the same to his first. I believe he also has children with both…

BarstoolProphet

Can someone tell me what he’s done off the pitch? Have I missed a story?
Cheated on his first wife, ended up marrying the girl he cheated on his first wife with then proceeded to cheat on his second wife. Apparently.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Martial FC was always a nonsense thing made up by people who backed Mourinho anyway. We were right at the time to back martial and it wasn’t any problem to back and enjoy watching one of our players in good form.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Martial returning with his tail between his legs and leaning on his inflated salary as nobody who wants him would be able to pay his wages make him a bigger sulk than he already is. He is a symptom of our demise - ridiculous money paid for overrated young player with a terrible attitude.
Absolutely right.
A complete waste of talent and a total waste of money.

SAF is the GOAT

This guy seems like he genuinely doesn't enjoy playing football anymore.

It doesn't matter if he'll stay with us or not.

Red00012

This guy seems like he genuinely doesn't enjoy playing football anymore.

It doesn't matter if he'll stay with us or not.
It will as he is not needed in the dressing room or the training ground with his pathetic attitude. He needs kicking out

Red_toad

Martial FC was always a nonsense thing made up by people who backed Mourinho anyway. We were right at the time to back martial and it wasn’t any problem to back and enjoy watching one of our players in good form.

Same shite was going on under Ole, we had a hardcore element who refused to believe anything other than it was everyone else’s fault he wasn’t performing on the pitch. Not sure how they were right? Jose made some very valid comments on the squad that still stick to the players he had issues with.
Martial FC crew have been shut up by him doing bugger all in Spain, where he was given an exceptional welcome and he wanted to be there.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Same shite was going on under Ole, we had a hardcore element who refused to believe anything other than it was everyone else’s fault he wasn’t performing on the pitch. Not sure how they were right? Jose made some very valid comments on the squad that still stick to the players he had issues with.
Martial FC crew have been shut up by him doing bugger all in Spain, where he was given an exceptional welcome and he wanted to be there.
Martial was exceptional under Ole for a spell and still people couldn’t wait till his next bad game. It’s nonsense and clearly you were part of that Mourinho cult. Martial deserved respect for what he did for this club, scored big goals, provided great entertainment. Now the last couple of years yeh they deserve valid criticism but prior to that he was our best attacking player overall and yet there was a large portion waiting to pounce. Spain proves that he’s clearly lost his mojo and he may never rediscover that but it doesn’t paint over al the great showings he had here in his best spells.

Red_toad

Martial was exceptional under Ole for a spell and still people couldn’t wait till his next bad game. It’s nonsense and clearly you were part of that Mourinho cult. Martial deserved respect for what he did for this club, scored big goals, provided great entertainment. Now the last couple of years yeh they deserve valid criticism but prior to that he was our best attacking player overall and yet there was a large portion waiting to pounce. Spain proves that he’s clearly lost his mojo and he may never rediscover that but it doesn’t paint over al the great showings he had here in his best spells.
:lol: Maureen cult. Didn’t want him at United, didn’t want Ole other than caretaker, didn’t want Moyes, nor LVG. Now don’t want Martial who downed tools on Ole after he backed him to the hilt.
Never denied he’s had some very good moments at United, but 2 good seasons out of 7 is pretty dire.

crossy1686

career ending
Considering the number of departures, the lack of attacking options, ETH will have to find a use for Martial. We can't just get rid of him
He played a part in getting both Mourinho and Ole sacked with his performances and sulking. We can and absolutely should just get rid of him so he can stink up someplace else like he is doing at Sevilla right now.

Despite having his best season ever under Ole he never kicked on and instead went to shit because we brought Cavani in to share the burden and push him on. When Ronaldo came in he gave up completely and asked to leave. There is no place for him in this squad.

He will get any manager he works under sacked.

pacifictheme

:lol: Maureen cult. Didn’t want him at United, didn’t want Ole other than caretaker, didn’t want Moyes, nor LVG. Now don’t want Martial who downed tools on Ole after he backed him to the hilt.
Never denied he’s had some very good moments at United, but 2 good seasons out of 7 is pretty dire.
Did anyone want moyes?

Oranges038

Considering the number of departures, the lack of attacking options, ETH will have to find a use for Martial. We can't just get rid of him
No he doesn't and yes the club can and absolutely should get rid of him. He's done nothing to deserve the weird fan base he has and any credit he had in the bank is well and truly overdrawn.

He should be one of the very first to be shown the door this summer.