Anthony Martial | Sevilla loan watch

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He played a part in getting both Mourinho and Ole sacked with his performances and sulking. We can and absolutely should just get rid of him so he can stink up someplace else like he is doing at Sevilla right now.

Despite having his best season ever under Ole he never kicked on and instead went to shit because we brought Cavani in to share the burden and push him on. When Ronaldo came in he gave up completely and asked to leave. There is no place for him in this squad.

He will get any manager he works under sacked.
Funny you don't mention when Martial also saved Mourinho's ass vs Newcastle in a game where a non win was about as guarantee as it could get for a sack. Jose and Ole got sacked for their own respesctive shortcomings, neither of them were good enough tbh.
There could be a place for him in the squad because we need to be realistic, we won't be able to get rid of all the unwanted players in one transfer window. That's just impossible

kouroux

No he doesn't and yes the club can and absolutely should get rid of him. He's done nothing to deserve the weird fan base he has and any credit he had in the bank is well and truly overdrawn.

He should be one of the very first to be shown the door this summer.
It's about being realistic. Cavani/Martial/Ronaldo all gone in one summer cannot happen, specially with Rashford being in a funky situation himself. Just from a squad depth POV, I am not sure Martial will be gone.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It's about being realistic. Cavani/Martial/Ronaldo all gone in one summer cannot happen, specially with Rashford being in a funky situation himself. Just from a squad depth POV, I am not sure Martial will be gone.
Maybe they should just put a clause in his contract. NO WOMEN.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
If all 3 left, we'd be free up a crap ton of wages and even get a smallish fee for Martial. We could very easily replace Martial with a cheap striker. The level he's been performing at means that the quality of player we'd need to buy would not be very high/expensive. I can't see how anyone can expect anything from him at this point, he doesn't even want to be here, that's not gonna change. SELL.

crossy1686

career ending
Funny you don't mention when Martial also saved Mourinho's ass vs Newcastle in a game where a non win was about as guarantee as it could get for a sack. Jose and Ole got sacked for their own respesctive shortcomings, neither of them were good enough tbh.
There could be a place for him in the squad because we need to be realistic, we won't be able to get rid of all the unwanted players in one transfer window. That's just impossible
Well Jose still got sacked later on so that point is irrelevant. Maybe they weren’t good enough but they weren’t helped by the players who downed tools under them because they had more power than the manager. If Cavani, Ronaldo, Greenwood and Martial leave in the summer we’re in a great place to bring in two strikers who actually want to be here and will work their arse off. It’s better to have someone who believes they’ve won the lottery playing at United than it is to have someone who believes they’re being ruined by United. Look at Barcelona’s front line, they cleared house and brought players in who really aren’t good enough to pay for them but they’re doing a good job until they find quality replacements.

We could do a lot worse than signing a couple of Ighalo’s in the summer.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Sad how it’s turned out. Not too long ago it looked like we were onto something special with “MMM” up top (Martial, Marcus & Mason). We were set for a decade :lol: :(

It might actually have been funny, was it not so damn tragic how it’s turning out.

kouroux

Well Jose still got sacked later on so that point is irrelevant. Maybe they weren’t good enough but they weren’t helped by the players who downed tools under them because they had more power than the manager. If Cavani, Ronaldo, Greenwood and Martial leave in the summer we’re in a great place to bring in two strikers who actually want to be here and will work their arse off. It’s better to have someone who believes they’ve won the lottery playing at United than it is to have someone who believes they’re being ruined by United. Look at Barcelona’s front line, they cleared house and brought players in who really aren’t good enough to pay for them but they’re doing a good job until they find quality replacements.

We could do a lot worse than signing a couple of Ighalo’s in the summer.
Do you really trust the club to do a job ala Barcelona ? I personally don't and I say this because I'm pretty sure ETH won't have 100% complete autonomy, some decisions, he will have to accept them.

If all 3 left, we'd be free up a crap ton of wages and even get a smallish fee for Martial. We could very easily replace Martial with a cheap striker. The level he's been performing at means that the quality of player we'd need to buy would not be very high/expensive. I can't see how anyone can expect anything from him at this point, he doesn't even want to be here, that's not gonna change. SELL.
1 cheap striker for 3 ? Let's say the other slot is filled with a youth player, it still makes the team depleted up front. I will say it again, keeping him won't necessary be exclusively about the football played (because he ain't good enough) but more about keeping 1 warm body in case we are hit with injuries and what not. The idea and hope would be to improve as a team so anyone brought to play wouldn't be cheap anyway

Oranges038

Ronaldo is a funny one, but I think he won't be going this summer.

Cavani and Martial have really done feck all for the last 2 years they won't be missed at all.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Maybe Ten Hag can revitalise him and Rashford, who knows. Even just one of them would be good

kouroux

Ronaldo is a funny one, but I think he won't be going this summer.

Cavani and Martial have really done feck all for the last 2 years they won't be missed at all.
Ronaldo is the key tbh. I just don't see how he stays, the Europa Conference is beneath him and no European football isn't something I think he'd entertain

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
1 cheap striker for 3 ? Let's say the other slot is filled with a youth player, it still makes the team depleted up front. I will say it again, keeping him won't necessary be exclusively about the football played (because he ain't good enough) but more about keeping 1 warm body in case we are hit with injuries and what not. The idea and hope would be to improve as a team so anyone brought to play wouldn't be cheap anyway
If Ronaldo goes we need a main striker. The past year has shown us all that warm bodies for the sake of it does not work, especially if that warm body is a sulking, disinterested, and unmotivated Martial. If we need to sign 2 strikers and one is just average, it's better than keeping him. At least the average striker is likely to be hungry and not leave us a man short on the field.

kouroux

If Ronaldo goes we need a main striker. The past year has shown us all that warm bodies for the sake of it does not work, especially if that warm body is a sulking, disinterested, and unmotivated Martial. If we need to sign 2 strikers and one is just average, it's better than keeping him. At least the average striker is likely to be hungry and not leave us a man short on the field.
That's what we all hope to see but we're talking about Man Utd, not the archetype of ideal football management. I wouldn't be surprised if Martial warm the bench next season

crossy1686

career ending
Ronaldo is the key tbh. I just don't see how he stays, the Europa Conference is beneath him and no European football isn't something I think he'd entertain
He’s going no where, the wages he’s on and United would ask for a fee. So he either takes a big pay cut or sticks around for one more season. He’ll always have admirers but it won’t be a team in the top 4 leagues

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Martial at his best I could see ETH really rating him, be interesting to see if he can get that out of him

Given how the Sevilla loan has gone though it feels like Martial's career may just fizzle out now

crossy1686

career ending
Martial at his best I could see ETH really rating him, be interesting to see if he can get that out of him

Given how the Sevilla loan has gone though it feels like Martial's career may just fizzle out now
The thing is he’s already shown he doesn’t want to fight for a place in the team, he wants it handed to him, and if we know anything about Ten Hag it’s that he won’t pick players with that attitude

crossy1686

career ending
Whatever happens, I hope we move on from Martial. Whether that means bringing 1 or 2 players, is fine by me
Same, there must be some up and coming young French lads we could poach? The fact we can offer young talents some first team football at United is a big win if we move this current lot on

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Martial FC are really quiet nowadays, I think seeing the golden boy barely playing in La Liga, scoring no goals and generally stinking up Southern Spain, the myth has been well and truly busted.

Oranges038

Same, there must be some up and coming young French lads we could poach? The fact we can offer young talents some first team football at United is a big win if we move this current lot on
Based on recent history I think it's best to stay away from any French lads.

But, now that Sean Dyche is free. Surely he could be use to find some up and coming thick skinned, hard working northern lads that are out there waiting to be picked up.

crossy1686

career ending
Based on recent history I think it's best to stay away from any French lads.

But, now that Sean Dyche is free. Surely he could be use to find some up and coming thick skinned, hard working northern lads that are out there waiting to be picked up.
If they exist and they’re good enough I don’t care where they’re from.

Raven

He played a part in getting both Mourinho and Ole sacked with his performances and sulking. We can and absolutely should just get rid of him so he can stink up someplace else like he is doing at Sevilla right now.

Despite having his best season ever under Ole he never kicked on and instead went to shit because we brought Cavani in to share the burden and push him on. When Ronaldo came in he gave up completely and asked to leave. There is no place for him in this squad.

He will get any manager he works under sacked.
This is just so wrong. Martial (and Pogba and Shaw) kept Mourinho in a job for far longer than he should have been. There's been absolutely no suggestion he's ever downed tools so I'm just wondering where you're getting these notions from.

Red00012

Sevilla up 2-0 v Madrid

Martial is up top but has contributed next to nothing .

Ball just gets sent up the line ,he takes a heavy touch and Militao shoulders him over the line

Edit - One minute later , he gets fouled the ref gave him no free and now he’s just gone off injured and got booked for arguing with the ref .

It just feels like he had no intention to even try run the Injury off and just signalled to be replaced.
Saying that he could genuinely be injured it just didn’t look too bad of a tackle.

Last edited:

C'est Moi Cantona

Seeing it's not worked elsewhere might be good for him, as he can't just blame United for his demise anymore, and will maybe look at himself as been the issue.

Whatever he will likely be with us next season, and it'll be interesting to see what ETH makes of him.

DickDastardly

Seeing it's not worked elsewhere might be good for him, as he can't just blame United for his demise anymore, and will maybe look at himself as been the issue.

Whatever he will likely be with us next season, and it'll be interesting to see what ETH makes of him.
Don't think he's the fighter type.

Sevilla is his range. And that's if they would take him and he stays injury free.

Both of which seem doubtful so far.