Anthony Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ Reid

Supports
Arsenal
Taylor is a red but as a pro ref, even he couldn’t ignore straight forward decisions.

Man utd had a bad day at the office. If you think I’m wrong, listen to Gary Neville and Patrice Evra whom despite their love for the club were pretty damning about today’s performance

Look on the bright side, you might have played Villa today.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Realistically that was a trash decision when you have a VAR available. And he is also not a very good referee in general. But compared to most of the other gimps in this league? He's fecking brilliant!

Heinzesight

Taylor obviously just sees the slap (stroke more like). Fine, red card. Stupid from Martial. But for VAR not to send Taylor to do an on-screen review is a total pisstake. Nine times out of ten a player slaps someone in retaliation. Officials know this so look at the bigger picture ffs and what could have led to this

Yeah, yeah, we were shit but who knows what happens 10 v 10.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
you’re right. Of course you can criticise that. I just dont care myself when the team is brought on in such shape as we’re witnessing. game after game now.
Why come in the thread about the ref ?

lsd

The Oracle
Absolute cnut of a ref

He is. I have no idea how he could not see the arm on James. Ok don't give a penalty but how in a million years can you think he dived?

Last edited:

lsd

The Oracle
Off course he doesn't book Bamford for diving when it is pretty much all Bamford does every match

Coleyoscar

Delighted to hear Ole call it out for the awful decision it was. How could Taylor justify making the subjective decision that Daniel James had dived? Of course he's safe in the knowledge that he'll never have to explain it. You can forgive referees missing something, it's a fast game, but it's very hard to forgive them conjuring up offences. "Disgraceful refereeing decision" is dead right.

NinjaFletch

Sums up how shit a ref he is that he somehow let a free kick from a back pass be taken outside the box.

NinjaFletch

I honestly think the ref gave it for picking it up outside the box
He stuck his hand up to indicate it was an indirect free kick so I don't think so, but it is possible that Taylor doesn't know that you should give a direct free kick for hand ball.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sums up how shit a ref he is that he somehow let a free kick from a back pass be taken outside the box.
That’s actually the correct rule for indirect free kicks. Look it up!

NinjaFletch

That’s actually the correct rule for indirect free kicks. Look it up!
I'll happily admit to having missed a rule change, but I have double checked it again and can't see any reference to this.

The only time the Laws of the Game say an indirect free kick shouldn't be taken where the offence occurs that I can see is if it is in the goal area (six yard box).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'll happily admit to having missed a rule change, but I have double checked it again and can't see any reference to this.

The only time the Laws of the Game say an indirect free kick shouldn't be taken where the offence occurs that I can see is if it is in the goal area (six yard box).
I’ll be honest I think I got it wrong and read the goal area as the box, my bad!

i feel like it was allowed in my playing days but the ref was probably not very tight on the rules then either.

as you say it seems weird why they let them take it back further otherwise.

Swedish_Plumber

He’s decided that because of the early penalty, no decisions will be coming out way. That’s a foul on James at the end there.

RUCK4444

He’s decided that because of the early penalty, no decisions will be coming out way. That’s a foul on James at the end there.
Absolutely.

Furious he hasn’t given that free kick on Dan James. If you play on you include a free kick that happens within that time.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's all over James at the end there, but instead of giving a freekick after the added on time, he's taken the cowards way out and whistled for half time.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Waving his finger at Rashford now after he’s body checked off a counter attack.

Jaxa

Is this guy having a laugh, Rashford body checked , clearly has some form of bald allegiance with pep

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Shaking his head and waving his finger at Martial now after he’s mowed down from behind. The guy is an absolute cnut. Convinced all the Referees have some sort of competition not to be top of the United refereeing table.

Santos J

Shaking his head and waving his finger at Martial now after he’s mowed down from behind. The guy is an absolute cnut. Convinced all the Referees have some sort of competition not to be top of the United refereeing table.
Yeah that one was ridiculous, just went straight through the back of him ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.