Antoine Griezmann| Signs a new contract till 2022

Will we sign Griezmann this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swagawa

The football business is cold. Griezmann doesn't have to feel sorry for them and stay, if he wants to leave he'll leave.
Plus, if he was to stay, he'll have missed his opportunity to join us as we'll find another solution.

It's Atletico's fault. He needn't feel guilty. :devil:

Crackers

greasy ginfers
He's probably training with France today for his game tomorrow, what are the odds we'll get a few pictures of him and Pogba together in training today?
Agent Pogba better work his magic!

DanClancy

I'd say the biggest issue here is going to be they can demand we pay the whole fee upfront? Now, that is likely to be a problem.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Alone yes. I saw him play off Giroud during the Euro's, haven't caught your recent games but I presumed he was still doing that. Happy to be corrected if Deschamps has changed tactics.

I just think the following would be awesome..

Mbappe Griezmann Dembele
Pogba
Rabiot Kante
Mendy Laporte Varane Sidibe
Lloris
Similar to the way Puskas is used here... albeit, Griezmann less of a natural striker, so would need wing-forwards either side who can operate at CF now and again.

Why make things complicated, when a balanced option is handed to you? The only reason behind your proposition is to accomodate Pogba who doesn't deserve it.

----------Mbappé
Lemar---Griezmann---Dembélé
--------Pogba---Kanté
Mendy--Umtiti-Varane--Sidibé
------------Lloris

That one suits Griezmann tendency to move around and provides more cover and support for Sidibé and Mendy, it also put the striker in his actual position.

strandty

If we trigger the clause with an upfront payment, will Griezmann REALLY say no to us because his bosses had been dodgy previously? We will more than likely offer him terms too good to turn down. There is hardly any loyalty left in football anymore. It can be a short career so players need to make the most of it. I really do not see an issue with the transfer ban, all it does is stop them registering players.

NYAS

Why make things complicated, when a balanced option is handed to you? The only reason behind your proposition is to accomodate Pogba who doesn't deserve it.

----------Mbappé
--------Pogba---Kanté
------------Lloris

That one suits Griezmann tendency to move around and provides more cover and support for Sidibé and Mendy, it also put the striker in his actual position.
This would work very well, but Lemar would be the absolute key player in making it happen. I wouldn't play that if someone like Martial or Coman were in Lemar's place.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

----------Mbappé
--------Pogba---Kanté
------------Lloris

I like that too to be fair. I love Lemar so would like to see that.

Pogba Kante would leave you slightly unbalanced in centre but if they could make it work that's a good looking side.

Bwuk

Is James Ducker reliable? Surely that isn't the case.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Doesn't change anything, exactly what Di Marzio said with us prioritising Morata. It means that our #1 priority was to sign a number 10 first but now with Ibra injured, signing a number 9 is considered more important. It doesn't mean that we won't sign the 10.

Snafu17

Seems a bit silly to me if it's true. Guess Jose needs his powerful number 9. I'd rather we just gave Rashford a chance, waited for Ibra and sign Griezmann as the main man. Guess that's not happening.

Castia

Well that's fecking annoying.

The Zlatan injury could have a huge impact if that's the case, it would suck to spend our budget trying to replace someone we got on a free.

Well if it's true then we might as well go all out for Mbappe.

Womp

idiot
One of the World's best players and finishers willing to join and a fan of the club? Nah feck that. Feck this transfer window. Linked with average dross now this.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Why is everyone suddenly alarmed when Ducker is just repeating what Di Marzio said regarding our prioirities?

Ole90+3

Doesn't change anything, exactly what Di Marzio said with us prioritising Morata. It means that our #1 priority was to sign a number 10 first but now with Ibra injured, signing a number 9 is considered more important. It doesn't mean that we won't sign the 10.
Maybe it comes down to whether we can complete the other targets with enough budget remaining to pay the Griezmann RC in one lump sum. This could be a transfer made late in the window which will make for a transfer thread for the ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.