Antoine Griezmann| Signs a new contract till 2022

Will we sign Griezmann this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I'm not sure he's the player we need, a little like Berbatov. Not in the way he plays as such, but in that he's a little of a luxury player in my eyes. When the rest of the team is firing he'll score and look silky smooth, but he's not the sort to make the difference on his own like Hazard or Sanchez might.
You may be right in the sense that he's not the type who can really control and dominate a game in the way Hazard can.

But the beauty of Griezmann is that not only will his off-the-ball movement (by far our biggest weakness this season) and his ability to make quick pass-and-move combos help us transition play and simply attack better, plus of course his ability to actually put the ball in the back of the net more consistently than probably any of our other players, but even at times that we aren't playing well he will be a big threat on the counter-attack. He's hugely experienced in that style of play considering how Atletico prefer to play.

Out of the three players you mentioned, he's far closer to Sanchez than he is to Berbatov.

WPMUFC

Atletico fans saying all over social media that this journo knows the staff/players extremely well and he's top notch with their transfers.

I think this one is all but confirmed folks. Only a matter of time.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
I have a fierce ambition to see AG7 in a Manchester United shirt.

What's wrong with the hair?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We need a sin bin thread for red panther level meltdowns, if it ever comes to it

el3mel

This deal is exactly like the Zlatan one last season, obviously known to everyone that it's going to be done but took longer time. This deal is going to be done before the end of June I'm sure of it.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I have longish curly hair and occasionally wear a headband. Leave us be!

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
17:20
Griezmann saga to be concluded?
This is in response to the news Griezmann has apparently told Atletico he wants to go. United and Bayern are believed to be the only clubs serious about activating his release clause at this point.

Follow
Alex Shaw

✔@AlexShawESPN

Woodward: it's an open goal from here.

To we have to be wary of Bayern?

5:16 PM - 30 May 2017

Do we have to be wary of Bayern? I hope he is set on coming here.

el3mel

He should choose us above Bayern, unless all these talks about Becham being his idol were nonsense.

ChaddyP

This is in response to the news Griezmann has apparently told Atletico he wants to go. United and Bayern are believed to be the only clubs serious about activating his release clause at this point.

Follow
Alex Shaw

✔@AlexShawESPN

:eek:

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes

Follow
Alex Shaw

✔@AlexShawESPN

Have we ever beat Bayern to a transfer target?

Bosws87

He literally did an interview on national tv only mentioning joining us, now asked to leave and your still trying to throw doubt in you guys are eternal pessimists :lol::lol::lol:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Indeed it is.
Was a genuine question. I thought maybe rvn or Stam back in the day.
I don't remember Bayern being involved with RvN.

And beyond that, its entirely irrelevant since the likelihood of Griezmann joining us has nothing to do with some pointless historical stat that we've never beaten Bayern to a transfer target. If Griezmann moves, it will be because he wants to join us.

Status
Not open for further replies.