Antonio Valencia | 2009/10 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Valencia's best games have been partnering Neville or the twins. Fletcher hardly helped out today with his inexperience in that position.
agreed there were many occasions when i thought Fletch could have done better supporting Valencia. thanks for the ticket btw!

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He's been one of United's best and effective players this season.
Exactly. These "not United quality" comments are bizarre. We're talking about one of our best two or three performers in a season where we've qualifed from the group stages of the CL as top of our group and are right up there in the league. How the feck is that "not United quality"?

I think the point they're actually making is "not Ronaldo quality". Which goes without saying really.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I like him :). Seems to do the job we ask with little to no fuss. Great shot on him and isn't afraid to run and beat his man. Can always work on his crossing, but he's probably never had so much time on the ball then what he's getting now, so its probably a bit overwhelming.

Red Norse

Exactly. These "not United quality" comments are bizarre. We're talking about one of our best two or three performers in a season where we've qualifed from the group stages of the CL as top of our group and are right up there in the league. How the feck is that "not United quality"?

I think the point they're actually making is "not Ronaldo quality". Which goes without saying really.
True that. IMO he's progressing nicely and also has started to mix it up a bit more, coming inside to have a go at goal and at times showing he's got a few skills in his locker. I'm quite pleased with what he has shown so far, probably helps that he seems to have grown in confidence the latest month.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
At the risk of looking like a prick and having this post bumped somewhere down the line, I don't think hes United quality. He seems like a great guy and is a good player, but hes so one dimensional and lacks creativity. He could be a good squad player but I don't think he should be a guranteed starter in big games at this point.
:confused: He's been our best player over the last month and a half. Only Evra comes remotely close.

I can't understand why people still have doubts about him after the last six or so weeks. Obviously he'll never be Ronaldo, but he really is becoming a vital player for us.

December_16

Another goal for the lad. Well chuffed :D

One more, and he'll equal his scoring record in 3 years at Wigan, and we're not even half way through the season yet. Will soon become another quality buy by our gaffer it seems.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
I don't care if he doesn't have a left foot but he can hell put his right to very good use. Will become a essential player for us for the next 7 years or so, no doubt in my mind.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He is actually a really effective player. Anyone who says that he is not United quality is feckin deluded.

So he can't use his left foot. Ah well, Anderson and Giggs hardly use their other feet and they are great players, Giggs being the biggest legend the club will ever have.

He is one of the fastest players with or without the ball in England, he is a great dribbler and he has scored a bunch this season and set up a bunch too. He is capable of some pretty spectacular runs. Great player and Im actually really excited about this guy's United career.

Maestro Minded

He is actually a really effective player. Anyone who says that he is not United quality is feckin deluded.

So he can't use his left foot. Ah well, Anderson and Giggs hardly use their other feet and they are great players, Giggs being the biggest legend the club will ever have.

He is one of the fastest players with or without the ball in England, he is a great dribbler and he has scored a bunch this season and set up a bunch too. He is capable of some pretty spectacular runs. Great player and Im actually really excited about this guy's United career.
actually, Anderson uses his right foot A LOT when dribbling. his crosses and shots though are only made with his left

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
I didn't watch the match. But one thing that i'm noticing about valencia is that our attack is much more fluid on the right with him. He's no ronaldo but one thing i appreciate about him is that he doesn't fall over whenever he gets touched. It was frustrating with ronaldo because there was wayy too much stop-go because he'd fall and get a foul. I'm definitely warming up to valencia. He's fast, direct, a team player, and is strong enough to go on with play even if he could have easily gone to ground. This i feel has made the team play and build up more fluid.

Kelvin

keep it up valencia, hopefully you can hit double figures come the end of the season.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Very difficult finish, the ball was rising up. Those are almost impossible to hit low in his position, and very hard to keep down. Great link up play, it was a very nice goal to watch.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He has had good performances against the weaker sides. What I'd love to see him do later in the season is to start imposing himself against the better teams.

I'd be more concerned if it was a simple case of not having the ability, he has.He has to show confidence to beat the best defenders.

One thing; This celebration or lack of. What's that all about? For a brief moment I thought the ball went over the bar given his reaction. Was he like this at Wigan? I know he scored about 1 goal a season there but still.....

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Not his best performance but a lovely finish. His wing-play was below par for me. Didn't beat his man and final ball was poor.

Some really nice passes though, which has been a feature in recent weeks. A pity that Nani and Park are both having a poor season and Tosic/Obertan are both still a work in progress. If we had better options on the flanks I'd like to see Valencia get a go in midfield.

He would have also been a great option at right-back against Villa, freeing Fletcher up to play where he belongs. Loves a tackle and his pace would have been a real asset at the back.

Kind of fecked up we're so heavily reliant on a new signing and a 36 year-old.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Not his best performance but a lovely finish. His wing-play was below par for me. Didn't beat his man and final ball was poor.

Some really nice passes though, which has been a feature in recent weeks. A pity that Nani and Park are both having a poor season and Tosic/Obertan are both still a work in progress. If we had better options on the flanks I'd like to see Valencia get a go in midfield.

He would have also been a great option at right-back against Villa, freeing Fletcher up to play where he belongs. Loves a tackle and his pace would have been a real asset at the back.

Kind of fecked up we're so heavily reliant on a new signing and a 36 year-old.
Agree with you but as regards Tosic; it must be some work going on! Maybe they should get some Poles in to fix it.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
6 goals.

Ronaldo he may not be. But continue this scoring rate and he's basically head and shoulders above any other winger I can think of in terms of goals.

He was generally poor yesterday though. Last two games, his final ball has been cack.

Decotron

Ramos: Real Madrid couldn’t afford Man Utd’s Valencia
17.12.09 | tribalfootball.com

Madrid couldn't afford to sign Manchester United winger Antonio Valencia last January.

Ramos wanted to land the Ecuador international while he was still with Wigan Athletic last season.

The Spaniard revealed: "We could only sign Valencia, but we could only offer €3 million. He was a quality player, but Madrid could not afford the money they were demanding. That's why we signed Julien Faubert."

Faubert joined Real from West Ham United in January, but failed to make an impression.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
He really needs to improve his final ball and decision making, he gets himself into some amazing positions and more often than not makes nothing from it (In that way he is frustrating). His pace is excellent though and he can cause a lot of danger, if he could work on what I said before then he will be a VERY VERY good player.

Sam

He's proving me totally wrong with his scoring record (something I didnt think he'd improve on that much) so all credit for that. Shows that he really is making the step up. His performance against Pompey was when I think we saw just how effective he can be.

Hopefully he can keep it up, and build on it.

gbgary

One thing; This celebration or lack of. What's that all about? For a brief moment I thought the ball went over the bar given his reaction. Was he like this at Wigan? I know he scored about 1 goal a season there but still.....
i think he's just not the usual over-the-top footballer who acts like it's the very first goal of his career. he's supposed to score goals and acts like he's done it before and will do it again.

Alex

I want him to do the machine gun, he did that after he scored a 30 yard belter for Wigan

Alex

I wonder how good he'd look if we had a RB half as good going forward as Evra

Alex

I don't rate Rafael as a defender, I'd rather have Brown there anyday. Plus the young lad cant even make it through a full 90 minutes, he's the new Hargreaves, who actually I think could do very well on the right side behind Valencia

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
i think he's just not the usual over-the-top footballer who acts like it's the very first goal of his career. he's supposed to score goals and acts like he's done it before and will do it again.
Surely there is a middle ground between not showing any emotion after a great goal and being OTT with the celebration

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Pogue, no!

He did a little fist pump and smile when he scored a few games ago, that's enough celebrating!

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
He might have been a bit frustrated with his own performance, and it was a three nill goal in a game we were already cruising after all, so there was no major reason to celebrate much.

Status
Not open for further replies.