Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minimalist

Solid as always. Wish someone would coach him to be a tad more forward thinking.

Raw

Looked so chuffed to be captain! :lol:

That's the only time I've seen him smile on the pitch.

Glideman

I think he's going to have an amazing season, a lot better than people give him credit for

vodrake

I think Valencia -> ibra might be our most common assist/goal pair this season

Hoof the ball

I think Valencia is one of those players who play well when they're employed to their strengths, rather than being made to be a round peg in a square hole. He's a player that, when gone from United, he'll be missed a little because he has a unique combination of power and speed, which is difficult to find in and of itself.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
So far so good. He could have a very good season under Jose and yet another assist this preseason

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It sounds like slowly more people are realising that he's actually a good right back. Another good performance.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
*15 7/10 or 8/10 games later...*

Left winger passes it to a midfielder who shoots from 40 yards and scores.

"SEE I TOLD YOU HES NOT A RIGHT BACK THAT IS VALENCIAS FAULT".

Bugshot

I felt like a proud dad when he was given that armband. I've always believed he's been consistent enough during his quieter periods and have stood by him. Not literally.

JeffBoomTetris

Really happy for Val. An assist, an armband, a smile & an overall good performance. As someone put it, it is difficult to find the right mix of power and speed. And all that while staying in tiptop shape. High time that people started realizing he's a right back.

Raw

So true. Really no need to be spending another 20m+ on a RB when Valencia has been very good. Reckon he's got quite a few years in him left considering his physicality.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

:lol:

Hundred percent gonna happen.

3KDré

Has been great since he returned from injury. I really like Valencia, he never gives up and always works hard for the team.

Sigma

Has been great since he returned from injury. I really like Valencia, he never gives up and always works hard for the team.
He was great before that too. I seem to remember many people saying he completely shut down Sterling (when he was on form) last season in the game he got injured. No surprise our form dipped when he got injured. He also got injured when he was first choice.

Devil may care

Powerhouse performance with another assist, stuck a flag in the RB spot for the start of the season.

LouisDanGaal

Great game again, his crossing could be a really important feature of our game this season if he can keep it up. Mkhy buzzing about him too really gives us options.

R'hllor

More like would do his famous low trying to break your ankle cross,duo not having lets just say target man type.

Footyislife

But actually, it's not.
The difference a good manager makes:

LVG: Valencia pass backwards more, and try to cross low through 5 defenders hoping it will get through.
Fans: We need a new RB.

Jose: Stop passing backwards, and float crosses.
Fans: I didn't know we had such a good RB.

Vilev

He is actually looking really composed in this RB role. I still think we might need a better RB or a cover at least, but i hope Darmian is done for, he is overly defensive for me and contributes nothing in the attack.
Valencia offers much more in attack, like any modern RB of a top club should.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Ah Tony. What about that smile when he got the armband? Great stuff.

Sylar

He put the cross in. Yes. There were a few times he got in the same position then tried to pass it back to Herrera or somebody and it frustrated people. Also helped he didnt destroy an ankle with the cross.

It was very old school Valencia where he drove and put an actual cross in (rather than smacking it as hard as he could). With Ibra in our team, him and Shaw need to do this more.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
So happy for Tony! His work rate's always been top notch and now it looks like he's finally got some of that swagger back. Will hopefully play his best season so far for us!

Sigma

He put the cross in. Yes. There were a few times he got in the same position then tried to pass it back to Herrera or somebody and it frustrated people. Also helped he didnt destroy an ankle with the cross.

It was very old school Valencia where he drove and put an actual cross in (rather than smacking it as hard as he could). With Ibra in our team, him and Shaw need to do this more.
Even though I know you thought he played well I still have issue with your post.

Shaw does this a lot too. Every full back/footballer does this. Stop with the double standards

Status
Not open for further replies.