g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Antonio Valencia image 25

Antonio Valencia Ecuador flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

6.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossa

People always get stuck in their opinions, it takes some a long time to reverse them. I also suspect some from other countries who post here aren't watching our games because it boggles my mind how some still say he isn't good enough, despite the fact he should be in line for our POTY right now.
I think Valencia and Herrera has been the two playing at consistently the highest level. Pogba and Ibra have their moments and matches, but Valencia and Herrera have been brilliant pretty much all season.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Pretty much spot on, but last season he did struggle a little with positioning. This season, he has been much more disciplined, and when he has let himself loose in attack, he has been a monster down that right flank. There isn't a better right back this season in the PL.
I do agree that he had the odd mistake in him,but I felt he was judged far too harshly whenever he made a mistake.

Every time he did,someone wouldn't wait to chime in about ''how that showed Valencia wasn't a RB''

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Watching Arsenal and Bellerin, I can't help not understand those who say that currently Bellerin is better than Valencia. For someone so fast, Bellerin seems to struggle with fast players. Even Depay was able to accelerate past him a few times. To me, it seems like Bellerin awards attackers with an extra yards because he expects himself to catch up with them. Valencia hardly ever struggle in the same regard. Also, I think Valencia is a much better passer of the ball and better at bringing the ball up the pitch.

Obviously, Bellerin has all the potential and age on his side, but currently, I think we have the better right back.
He's better than Bellerin at the moment, he can do everything Bellerin does but has strength and experience as well. Bellerin has a a very high ceiling though as he's so young.

Rossa

I do agree that he had the odd mistake in him,but I felt he was judged far too harshly whenever he made a mistake.

Every time he did,someone wouldn't wait to chime in about ''how that showed Valencia wasn't a RB''
I agree completely with what you say. I think he received a lot of unjust criticism.

Rossa

He's better than Bellerin at the moment, he can do everything Bellerin does but has strength and experience as well. Bellerin has a a very high ceiling though as he's so young.
Agreed. I would love to have both at United, but I can wait and pick up Bellerin in a couple of years having run down his contract. It's OK.

The United

He is the strongest player in the squad I think.

Such a tank.

Funny how he was one of those players who people gave abuses whenever we played like shit regardless of his performances in those games. Now he is one of the best.

Walters_19_MuFc

My MOTM today. Thought he was excellent - as he has been all season really. He gives us that outlet every single time, which allows us to open up the play. Up and down the pitch from start to finish. Superb.

Sylar

His defensive duties and awareness have been brilliant. He was always good getting up and down (especially when Mata plays there as it allows him to drift him).. Now hes not getting caught out and has been more than consistent on that side.
Its like we bought a veteran RB

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Had some nice crosses that should have caused more problems.

Also saved our ass a few times defensively in the first half.

He hasn't slowed down one bit.

He has a mix of insane acceleration and stupidly fast top speed.

Physically he is one of the most impressive specimens in world football.

SomeRandomPerson

Forget right backs, I genuinely think he's been the best full back in the league this season. The only on who even comes close is Victor Moses if you consider Chelsea's wing backs as a fair comparison.

Just fantastic going up and down the right flank. If the rumours of Semedo are true, then he has some task in front of him to try and dislodge Valencia.

Rossa

Man of the season thus far for me. I think he had had one average game and the rest have been good to great. Great again today. Players who faced him looked to be playing in slow motion.

Darwin09

Theory of Thread Pollution
There was a passage of play that was amazing today, where Tony V stopped a potentially dangerous attack by a superb tackle on (I believe it was) Anichebe.

Then in what must have been no more than a few seconds later, Pogba sends a 50-yard crossfield pass to the corner. Valencia was there to receive the pass as if he had been waiting there for 10 minutes.

It's like there were 2 of him.

Rossa

Sprinters are built just like Valencia. He has the perfect physique for speed.
Spot on. Every sprinter apparently has bulked up. What is more impressive than his speed considering his size is his stamina. He gets up and down that pitch like a man obsessed,and he has so many sprints that it is unreal. I think he times his runs very well though, so he rarely runs at full pelt.

snk123

His passing is so underrated. Perfectly weighted. Released Lingard last week and found Mata today.

Rossa

His passing is so underrated. Perfectly weighted. Released Lingard last week and found Mata today.
And that pass to Ibra before Micky's goal was great as well. People say he is too safe with his passing,but he has shown that he has more to his passing than safe two yard sideways passes. He also very rarely gives the ball away or misplaced a pass.

LLMU

He is an one man machine covering the whole of the right flank. Watching on tv, there was this instance in the first half where Pogba hit a pass long and i was telling myself who the heck is he passing to but when the camera moved towards the end of the field, Valencia was there collecting the ball. How can this be, one second he was in our half, the other he was at the other end.

Mike09

He's playing 2 roles simultaneously when he's on the pitch. Fantastic!!!

Gibb11

There was a passage of play that was amazing today, where Tony V stopped a potentially dangerous attack by a superb tackle on (I believe it was) Anichebe.

Then in what must have been no more than a few seconds later, Pogba sends a 50-yard crossfield pass to the corner. Valencia was there to receive the pass as if he had been waiting there for 10 minutes.

It's like there were 2 of him.
Yeah that was incredibly suprising seeing Valencia pop up receiving that.

Regardless of that I think hes brilliant, one of the best right backs in the league now and in europe for me, I cant say best of the best as in reality I dont quite know who to compare him to, but in an argument with a foriegn stranger of who is the best rb in the world Id have no qualms of putting Valencias name forward.

Beast of a player, someone mentioned a little while ago how good his first touch is, it really is good and it goes completely unnoticed, do you ever seem him mess up/lose his control of a ball in anyway you can think?

Sylar

He's really mixing up his crossing this season. Gone are the days of smashing it hard and low, every single time. Good to see.
Yes, exactly. Its nice to see him change it up. Hes put some good crosses in this season. Hes like a new short-term RB signing.

PoTMS

Must be verging on the best right back in the league right now. I wasn't his biggest fan before but now I don't think I'd have anyone ahead of him at the moment.

snk123

His positioning was spot on in the early chance for Boro. Confused Traore.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
People always talk about how bad his left foot is but what doesn't get mentioned enough is just how good he is technically with his right. Play a ball from any position to his right and he is able to control it with his first touch. Amazing player and easily one of the best fullbacks in the league.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Isn't he the best full back in the league at the moment?

If not, who's supposed to be better?

Status
Not open for further replies.