g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Antonio Valencia image 25

Antonio Valencia Ecuador flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

6.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Best thing is I think he can continue at this level for years yet, I haven't noticed him loosing any pace with age or after his leg break.

If he looses 10% of his pace he will still be one of the quickest FB's around.

Jaybomb

He is a decent RB and has been good this season. But I still think we should sign one in the summer.

Fabinho would be tasty. :drool:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He is a decent RB and has been good this season. But I still think we should sign one in the summer.

Fabinho would be tasty. :drool:
Fabinho hasn't played RB once this season.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
2 years ago, I was hoping that he left.
Right now, he is so crucial to our side. One thing that strikes out is how his presence means our RW basically gets a free role, ie Jesse's average position would be slightly right of the centre than on the right, where he should be. Similar goes for when we played with Mata

Eddy_JukeZ

It was obvious Mourinho would like him.

He tried to get him when he was managing Real.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Valencia will be comfortably the best right back in the league next season.
I'm going to keep quoting this because it's not all that often that I'm this on point.

Sylar

He didnt get up and down as much as previous games, but he didnt have to. Dude is a beast especially given the freak injury he had 5 years or so ago. To be playing at this level is madness.

RB7N

He didnt get up and down as much as previous games, but he didnt have to. Dude is a beast especially given the freak injury he had 5 years or so ago. To be playing at this level is madness.
The only footballer who becomes faster after a potentially career-ending leg injury.

Devil may care

He was 8 and 9 out of 10 before the injury, he's been 6 or 7 out 10 since he came back, playing well, just want to see him steaming on the overlap a bit more often, he's turning back a bit too much right now.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just so much more about him than anyone else we can play there. Up and down all game.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Imagine if we had someone his level for the left FB position as well, would add such a dimension to our play. Hopefully Shaw can get there.

m1y2

just got outdribbled once today but it can happen to anyone, we cant expect any rb/lb in the world to be flaultess and win 100% challenges ... he added a top class second assist for lingard wonderfull assist to zlatan first goal... was beautiful vintage counterattacking United, glad that Zlatan got at the end of that cross

m1y2

Riley please in lieu of Darmian or even Tofu.
would love Jose to give this lad a chance, I havent been folowing this years so closely academy games but from what I ve seen hes been great over some time and is rightly training with the first team, also can cover both sides of the pitch

Rossa

I only gave him a six. He was skinned quite easily, only once. He stopped a counter because he didn't try to just outrun the defender, which he would have. Then he fecked up Zlatan's run by being incapable or unwilling to use his left foot. On the other hand, he had three very good crosses that created chances and he had that wonderful pass for Lingard. As usual, his first touch was sublime and he kept us in possession in very tight and difficult situation.

roykeane19

Wingers must dread him, as hes such a beastly unit, I`d hate to come shoulder to shoulder with him, when you get past him, he`ll outrun you and win the ball back. Even last year I couldnt understand the hate, I thought he was class as a RB last year as well

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I only gave him a six. He was skinned quite easily, only once. He stopped a counter because he didn't try to just outrun the defender, which he would have. Then he fecked up Zlatan's run by being incapable or unwilling to use his left foot. On the other hand, he had three very good crosses that created chances and he had that wonderful pass for Lingard. As usual, his first touch was sublime and he kept us in possession in very tight and difficult situation.
Agreed with that assessment. His poorest game in months imo, which says alot about how good he has been this season. Apart from that great long pass, he was limited going forwards and not on the ball defensively today,

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
One of fergies best buys I'd say. Purely for what he has given this club over the years. Up there with vidic and evra

JoaquinJoaquin

Done well in the build up to the goal but thought he was a bit off the boil today. Didn't seem his usual self going forward but then again based on the way they play I can see why he may of been more hesitant to get forward.

Rossa

Watching Arsenal and Bellerin, I can't help not understand those who say that currently Bellerin is better than Valencia. For someone so fast, Bellerin seems to struggle with fast players. Even Depay was able to accelerate past him a few times. To me, it seems like Bellerin awards attackers with an extra yards because he expects himself to catch up with them. Valencia hardly ever struggle in the same regard. Also, I think Valencia is a much better passer of the ball and better at bringing the ball up the pitch.

Obviously, Bellerin has all the potential and age on his side, but currently, I think we have the better right back.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Wingers must dread him, as hes such a beastly unit, I`d hate to come shoulder to shoulder with him, when you get past him, he`ll outrun you and win the ball back. Even last year I couldnt understand the hate, I thought he was class as a RB last year as well
Two reasons.

1.Lingering hate from his stint as a winger
2.He replaced Rafael who was a darling on here.

Rossa

Two reasons.

1.Lingering hate from his stint as a winger
2.He replaced Rafael who was a darling on here.
Pretty much spot on, but last season he did struggle a little with positioning. This season, he has been much more disciplined, and when he has let himself loose in attack, he has been a monster down that right flank. There isn't a better right back this season in the PL.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
People always get stuck in their opinions, it takes some a long time to reverse them. I also suspect some from other countries who post here aren't watching our games because it boggles my mind how some still say he isn't good enough, despite the fact he should be in line for our POTY right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.