Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cathy Ferguson

This is kind of sad to read. Luke Shaw started last season in beast mode, i think some of us got carried away about how good he actually is. But I still have high hopes for him as I have seen enough to know he is a good player. We probably just need to give him more time and see how the season pans out. Thankfully we have Blind to cover so there is no rush just now.
Shaw was indeed terrific at the start of last season and I agree that we are not in a rush to sign a new LB. But my post was trying to pinpoint the general consensus at the Cafe during the summer when people were crying out for a new RB and thought that our situation at LB was sorted out for the next 10 years. Shaw needs and should be given more time but it seems that Mou prefers Darmian over him at the moment. I am not convinced that either Shaw, Darmian or Blind is good enough. Darmian is not good enough going forward and Blind and Shaw are prone to defensive mistakes. (Blind away to Watford and Chelsea).

Hed Zitin

Can you imagine us without him? We'd never get the ball anywhere near forward as much without him driving up field with the ball.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He's the most accomplished right back United has had since Neville or maybe Brown 07/08.
Rafa was better in a title-winning campaign, probably our 3rd best player after RVP and Carrick.
Not to say that Valencia isn't great though

Sylar

Him as RB means whoever plays in front of him is given the freedom of cutting in. We need somebody on the left (eg Shaw) to allow that for the other sided attacker.

Rossa

Thought he played a little too timidly today. He could have run more at their defenders I thought. Solid defensively though and brings the ball out well. Good passer, but hoofed it a little too much today.

Fracture90

Reliable as per usual, Mickey Taryan and him held Baines and Mirallas/Bolasie at bay as well.

iHicksy

There are few better RB's in the world than him right now. Offers absolutely everything.

Fracture90

There are few better RB's in the world than him right now. Offers absolutely everything.
Barca cnuts would sell their souls for him to join them probably. His contract is up this summer which is worrying tbh, tho i believe he likes it here.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Thought he played a little too timidly today. He could have run more at their defenders I thought. Solid defensively though and brings the ball out well. Good passer, but hoofed it a little too much today.
A couple of uncharacteristically bad passes early on and, as you say, a bit timid. I think the mid week game took a lot out of him.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Barca cnuts would sell their souls for him to join them probably. His contract is up this summer which is worrying tbh, tho i believe he likes it here.
I remember a story about him firing his agent because he didn't want to go elsewhere. I think he is pretty nailed on to be offered a new deal.

Ekeke

He's done an excellent job at right back so far this season. Just a shame the change came so late in the day and he took several seasons to really learn the position.

Sigma

I remember a story about him firing his agent because he didn't want to go elsewhere. I think he is pretty nailed on to be offered a new deal.
I think Jose has already said they will offer him a new deal

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Very impressive. Okay he's got to this stage having fallen under Jamie Carragher's failed winger prerequisite, but he always had the skill set for this role, he's athletic, extremely strong, he's quite a cool head, great ability to run up and down the pitch for 90 mins but this season in particular, he's become tactically aware of the role. He knows when to bomb forward and when not to, and particularly when he plays with Mata, he does the work of two men.

As a winger 3 years ago, he easily could've been a goner, but thankfully he's still here as he's one of about 5 players I currently feel very comfortable with in the whole squad.

Fracture90

Out of curiosity where would yall rank him in the world at RB?
Yes. The amount of work he's doing in both directions is immense. More often than not he's holding entire right side all by himself.

As i said previously Barca would love having a player like him who's got great first touch, very good yet underrated passing ability and is an absolute physical specimen.

Obiorahking_

Yes. The amount of work he's doing in both directions is immense. More often than not he's holding entire right side all by himself.

As i said previously Barca would love having a player like him who's got great first touch, very good yet underrated passing ability and is an absolute physical specimen.
My thoughts exactly, can't find anything wrong with his game. He has been on par with other top clubs RBs these season, even better than a few.

Fracture90

My thoughts exactly, can't find anything wrong with his game. He has been on par with other top clubs RBs these season, even better than a few.
Quite true, he would get in any top EPL club starting 11 or at least make it a big challenge.

3KDré

City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea aren't classified among the "best of opposition"?
I am not saying he can't be up there with the best yet, I am saying he's got to consistently prove himself over the course of the season to be up there. City, Arsenal etc are all good solid teams that he played well against, but I want to see that consistently over this season rather than base my judgement on form alone. Also, like us all of the teams you named bar Arsenal are in transition, none of the English clubs are up there with the best in world in my opinion. Atletico, Bayern, Barca, and Real would beat every team in our league.

Too often I see players being labelled one of the the best in the world based on form alone. Matic was called the best #6 in the world at one point by some fans I know.

Don't get me wrong though, I think he will be excellent this season and will prove himself to be one of the best but he's not there YET.

Obiorahking_

none of the English clubs are up there with the best in world in my opinion. Atletico, Bayern, Barca, and Real would beat every team in our league.
Beg to differ...Manchester City has defeated Barcelona this season.

I see your point, but I think that based off of current form, he has made a name for himself as a top RB.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

That first touch of his...:drool:

RedStarUnited

Last minute of the game, he had the ball and instead of trying to take on the left back and get a cross in, he passed it back to fellaini who then thought it was a great idea to dink it to Rashford.

That moment really annoyed me.

Rossa

Last minute of the game, he had the ball and instead of trying to take on the left back and get a cross in, he passed it back to fellaini who then thought it was a great idea to dink it to Rashford.

I can't believe how that moment can define irritation on your behalf. If he had tried to take on Baines and lost, and subsequently caused a counter attack from which they scored, I'm sure you would be arguing how utterly stupid he was from taking on his man and how completely inept at it he was. If he was unsure he would be able to get in a cross, he was wise to rather keep the ball in the team and hope that someone else could find an opportunity. Obviously, Fellaini...

Mike09

The hater. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.