Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike09

Surely if he keeps this up he should be voted as our player of the year.

SirScholes

We have had players that when they get the ball, you feel safe that they will do the right pass or correct choice, we haven't got many of those players at the minute but Valencia is certainly one of them.
He fills me with confidence when he has the ball, it's nice to see the stench of lvg is off his shoulders now.
Jose has to take a lot of credit

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Does he have the best 1st touch in the squad?

I don't think he ever has a poor touch.
Has his first touch always been this good?!
For quite a while, aye. His technical ability is actually very good, he's sort of hampered by the fact that his left foot is so terrible, and that his turning circle (like his body composition) is tank-like.

Irish_Red

It's crazy to that at the age of 31 he drops back and develops into a world class wing back. He is the first name on the teamsheet and a rock of consistency at the moment.

Reactions: Mciahel Goodman

Cathy Ferguson

was unreal this game, couldnt believe my eyes, he glued every fecking ball to his feet, seriously dont think there is a better RB in the world..
He has been outstanding this season, our most improved player by some distance.

A lot of people have questioned his defensive capability in the past, quite rightly so, but he seems to have eliminated those defensive mistakes. Now we need a proper LB.

Trizy

He went through about 2 season (perhaps LVG?) where he would bomb down the wing, stop, and pass backwards every.single.fecking.time.. Credit to Mourinho on this one, Valencia looks absolutely class. Best RB in the league for me.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
How many times I admitted I was wrong about him already? Really useful and reliable. His on field intelligence is surprisingly high too.

Super Hans

I've been a huge critic of Valencia for years. He didn't seem to have a clue what to do with the ball in the final third. But I have to say, lately he has been fantastic!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Forgotten how it feels to be dangerous down the right flank again.

Not aerial duel, ground terrestrial/ground duel.
It was just a jest, because their shirt names spelt out Antonio Valencia. :D

Sylar

I think if we had signed him this season as a RB he would be getting more plaudits elsewhere. Hes been brilliant. He still has that two issues of his crosses being drilled low and hard and having no left foot :lol:
But what a player hes been for us.

acnumber9

Good footballer plays good football. Who would've thought it? He was getting undue criticism for a long time. Our team has always performed better with him in it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Wouldn't take any right back in the world over him on current form to be honest. Not a single right back out there that can dominate the wing and still always be there as the fullback, while providing the consistent performances and always being there (and being a physical tank for us). Can match anyone for pace or power too. I remember some people laughed but even last season and before that at times, I said that any club in the world would take him even if just for a squad player position. Rare to have someone with his physical abilities being a very capable right back and being a constant threat going forward.

Cheekiey

Never understood the criticism he got on here, he has been great ever since moving to RB and Mourinho has just developed his game as a RB more so.

MounchesterUtd

Gets better with age. Pace, power, first touch, work ethic, fighting spirit. Almost the complete package.

Lj82

I posted the following in the Newbie Forum earlier in the season:

Valencia, I feel, should be used as he is, as a valuable squad member who can cover the right wing and right back positions. I think many people underrate his value to the team when he plays at rb. I agree that he has many flaws, but he provides pace, power and width. He is extremely useful in helping to ease pressure on the team when the team is pressed, as he almost always tirelessly provides an outlet by driving down the line. Valencia isn't a spectacular player, but he is reliable. Some would say he is too predictable, which is fair. But I would argue that his predictability is both his weakness and strength. Anyway, Valencia looks content as a squad member as his presence will provide the squad with strength in depth.
I'm quite a fan of Valencia, but I must say Valencia is exceeding even my own expectations.
Not only is he firmly the first choice right back now, he is also probably one of the first name on the team sheet.
He is currently not just providing an outlet to ease the pressure on our team, he has also increased his productivity so much so that many of the good attacking moves the team makes started from his drive down the right channel. I think some people are too focused on the crosses he didn't hit well. Every game that he plays he creates 2-3 good chances with his crosses, and I think that is a very good return for a right back.

Fracture90

The way he shielded the ball with his left foot before passing it to Martial for our third goal so that defender can't knick it out or tackle him without giving away a penalty was a brilliant move.

Pure class.

Irrational.

I know it's early days, but potential MUFC Player of the Season candidate?

He looks completely reborn under Mourinho - probably because of the amount of freedom he has. Under LVG he used to make runs up the wing, stop and then pass it back. He's been much more adventurous offensively this season, and defensively solid. I don't think we need to worry about getting a RB at this moment, and it's all thanks to this man.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
In beast mode this season. Running the right side of the field alone at times

Redlyn

He has been outstanding this season, our most improved player by some distance.

A lot of people have questioned his defensive capability in the past, quite rightly so, but he seems to have eliminated those defensive mistakes. Now we need a proper LB.
This is kind of sad to read. Luke Shaw started last season in beast mode, i think some of us got carried away about how good he actually is. But I still have high hopes for him as I have seen enough to know he is a good player. We probably just need to give him more time and see how the season pans out. Thankfully we have Blind to cover so there is no rush just now.

Nickosaur

He's physically a beast and seems an ultimate professional, so despite being 31 I think we could get a good 3/4 more seasons out of him. I really hope so - he's such a likeable character and is nailing this role.

Status
Not open for further replies.