Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

diarm

There was a pass of his left foot ten minutes before the cross! Nothing in a decade and then twice in one half! :eek:

Ban

Great 2nd half and I was really surprised when he had that nice cross with his left in the 1st. :)

m1y2

Great 2nd half and I was really surprised when he had that nice cross with his left in the 1st. :)
that was possibly his best cross of his career:lol:

I remember maybe three or four crosses he made throughout his career and all of them were quality, he shouldn't be shy to use his weaker foot in that manner

Raw

He's starting to cross with his left foot a lot more these days, and every single one is an absolute peach :eek:

drdoityourself

He's a machine. You never have to worry about him as he always seems to put in a good performance. We can afford not having anyone really playing as a right winger, he takes care of the whole flank.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
He's an absolute machine, never stops and always seems to have something left in the tank at the end of games. Proper athlete that one!

Sylar

When was the last time he had a bad game.
or even just... below average / ok / passable?

The guy is Mr consistency for us. A machine.

He's a machine. You never have to worry about him as he always seems to put in a good performance. We can afford not having anyone really playing as a right winger, he takes care of the whole flank.
Exactly, and thats why it works having Mata start on the right ahead of him cos he can then cut in and we know we will still get width. I do like his understanding with Mata (and herrera) on that side.

ti vu

IMO, no doubt about him being best RB in the league this season.

It's really strange but his left footed crossing is very good the few of them I can remember. If only his dad is like Clichy's... :wenger:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Based on his performances this season, he's got to be one of the best around? Remarkable turnaround.
Genuinely wouldn't trade a single right back in the world for him the way he has played this year. Any trades would be purely because of age like walker or bellerin. They arent better though. Nobody can control an entire side of a pitch like he does.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Keep saying this again and again but his touch is the most underrated aspect of his game. Almost always gets the ball under control with his right irrespective of the quality of the pass played to him.

Charlie Foley

Allows us to see the best of Mata when he's on the right. I've said that for a while. It was a key part of our good run in April 2015 under LVG, but this season is the best from Valencia in years. Remarkable strength and pace over and over

Anduin

I'm convinced this guy has turned into the best right-back in the world. I initially was a very big critic of him being used as right-back, with his positioning all over the place, but Mou taught him how to defend and going forward I can't remember the last time he made a mistake. Simply immense and an awesome transition – keep it up, Antonio! :drool:

Roosney

He is in a very good form indeed. But he's been almost as good for a few seasons now even he's got a lot of stick from the Caf then.

Can't believe he's using his left leg to do stuff lel

Parma Dewol

I used to be worried that he would come undone as a right-back, but what a revelation he has been. Absolute beast. He needs a consistent right-winger to link with week-in, week-out.

SambaBoy

I hope he can keep this run up over the next 2 years and we will have one of the best RBs in the world sorted. It's easy to say he's not a top RB, because he's basically only played that position for two years but forgetting about that, he really is a top full-back. He struggled initially when Moyes played him there as a sub normally, getting caught out of position and letting runners in behind but he's improved in that department massively and is now a good all-rounder. Shaw has the potential to be the same on the other flank.

King.of.Red

he is on fire. our defence on the right side will be safe as long as he can keep his current performance. however we still need to bring new RB as we never know what will happen later.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Astonishingly good against Hull, not that there was a huge danger on the left but he shored it up.

His energy levels are superhuman

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Can we now use Valencia as an example to dispel the myth that players can't change positions in their careers. Too many people think positions are set in stone, there's numerous examples out there of how that is wrong.

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Can we now use Valencia Adan example to dispel the myth that players can't change positions in their careers. Top many people think positions are set in stone, there numerous examples out there of how that is wrong.
Barry and Schweinsteiger, both left backs turned left mids, turned centre mids.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He's fast becoming more two-footed than Pavel Nedved. Beast.

Fracture90

Hard to spot a flaw in his game ATM...except the obvious positioning in defense sometimes but he's been ironing it out lately.

Rossa

Great to see him receiving some well deserved praise. He has been immense under Mourinho. I've always been a fan of his, but I did start to worry that he was on a steep decline under LVG, first season I believe, but he has turned it around and then some. He looks faster and fitter than ever before, and his crossing is massively improved. I wonder if the smash it into the opponents legs may have been instructions. His crosses of late have been quite good; he could easily have had two-three assists yesterday. The one for Martial was a 100% chance wasted by Martial.

Womp

idiot
TBF he was pretty gash when he first started being experimented as a RB in SAF's latter years IIRC, but he has ironed out the brain-farts and positional errors he was infamous for.

Been a beast this season, but am I the only one who seems to think he's lost a bit of his pace? Still fast as feck, just doesn't look as quick as he use to.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
TBF he was pretty gash when he first started being experimented as a RB in SAF's latter years IIRC, but he has ironed out the brain-farts and positional errors he was infamous for.

Been a beast this season, but am I the only one who seems to think he's lost a bit of his pace? Still fast as feck, just doesn't look as quick as he use to.
I think he lost that ridiculous burst of acceleration he used to have a few years ago. The season when he wore the #7, he just seemed to stop going 1 on 1 against opposite full backs like he used to. Still a ridiculous sprinter, but he doesn't look as lightning quick off the mark. Still quicker off the mark than most, though.

Rossa

Not sure about his acceleration. He does look to have lost a little bit of that explosiveness off the mark, but he was never as electric as say Nani from a standstill. His top speed and his acceleration at pace are still up there with the very best. Players of his ilk don't tend to be Lennon-esque off the mark. Bale isn't rapid from a standstill either; maybe they are too big and too heavy?

Earlier in the season he made an absolute mockery of Sane who tried to knock the ball fifteen yards ahead of Valencia and run into space - it just looked as dumb as it was. That run where he intercepted Firming also showed great acceleration.

Alongside his speed, I think his stamina, strength and first touch and ability to bring the ball out from the back are what impresses the most..

Status
Not open for further replies.