Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

m1y2

well deserved extension, my only worry is when he's out, we need a reliable back up. Joe Rley would be perfect as he can cover leftback and right back but perhaps he's not ready yet, so hopefully he does well out on loan... TFM should get some gametime IMHO, he can be tought that role even though he's future CDM

marlowe78

When you consider how much we rely on him to create chances from the right, 4 assists is...pretty crap. Shaw might have that many were he playing regularly.

Good work ethic and a pretty good defender but hope we're in for someone else.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
When you consider how much we rely on him to create chances from the right, 4 assists is...pretty crap. Shaw might have that many were he playing regularly.

Good work ethic and a pretty good defender but hope we're in for someone else.
What exactly are you basing this on?

Shaw has never been prolific in terms of assists.

And how does that 4 assists compare to other rightbacks in this league? Bellerin for example only has 2.

He's one of the last players Mourinho will consider replacing, and rightly so.

Flying_Heckfish

When you consider how much we rely on him to create chances from the right, 4 assists is...pretty crap.
Agreed, he gets in the right positions but just doesn't get enough decent crosses in.

He's been solid so deserves the extension. We are most likely scouting his successor already though.

King.of.Red

One year extension only indicates to me that we may indeed be in for Semedo in the Summer.
it is great transfer if it happens, we really need young and talented RB as Tony V replacement.
anyway, I'm happy that Tony V gets 1 year extension, he deserves it. very consistent this season.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Thoroughly deserved. My player of the season so far. He is in such good shape that I can see him staying on for even longer than 2018

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Earned. Great he'll be staying.

Mike09

Do you even realise what the purpose of a forum is? You made a post, I replied. If you dont like it, you can ignore it.
How ridiculous. You said something like this after what you have done?
You replied because you are disagree with my opinion. I'm being respectful with your post and everyone else but you didn't. All you did just laughed at my posts and keep making a new argument by talking crap about my english. If you don't like it you should be the one who ignore it. And if you have nothing better to reply my post might should just stop talking nonsense and complaining like this.

Nobody is talking about his RW performances, im talking about how hes not a traditional RB as he hasnt been one all his life. (And why is that? Because hes been a RW before? And what is a trait of being a successful winger? Being able to cross successfully.)
Seriously, English must not be your first language if you cant understand the relevance.
English my first language? Excuse me? If you don't like my English then you can ignore. Is it so hard to understand? You are the one who replied my original post and the original post was about Valencia's crossing 2016/2017 season. How is Valencia's crossing 2016/2017 has something to do with Valencia being a right winger? He's playing as a right back in 2016/2017 and we are talking about 2016/2017 season!! Let me ask you what position is he playing in 2016/2017 season? Once you know the answer of that then you can stop talking about Valencia as a right winger.

Its relevant to why youre having an inability to understand the basic concept and relevance, which you dont agree with. Maybe you can use a few more exclamations and question marks to make your point ;)
Again another disrespectful behaviour towards someone's post. You can either ignore it or stop being disrespectful. What's the point of the thread if you aren't talking about something that relevance with the thread itself. And don't tell me I'm the one who started it, you are the one who started it first by talking crap about my posts and English. Someone need to teach you some manners!!

Thats not a fact, thats an assumption from you. Youre basically saying United turned him from a RW into RB cos his crosses arent good enough.
Im still waiting for the reason, not why you think it happened to suit your point.

But it is funny, cos it goes back to my first point. That his crosses could/should be better and less predictable.
His crossings should be better if he's a right winger. He's clearly a right back. So if it goes back to your first point then we aren't even talking about Valencia's 2016/2017 anymore because all you have been talking are him being a right winger in the past which has nothing relevance with Valencia 2016/2017.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
No idea what we would do without this guy. Absolutely superb down that right side and is involved in so many of our goals and attacks. Solid defensively as well.

Sylar

His crossings should be better if he's a right winger. He's clearly a right back. So if it goes back to your first point then we aren't even talking about Valencia's 2016/2017 anymore because all you have been talking are him being a right winger in the past which has nothing relevance with Valencia 2016/2017.
Hes clearly a RW converted into a RB. Hes not somebody that has had his whole career as a RB (whos been trained on defending first, attacking second)
Hes playing RB now and his attacking and athleticism gets him into positions that basically means on the attacking side when we have the ball hes in a position where his final ball sees him in a right winger stage
The reason he moved back was due to injuries and due to his athleticism (not because of whatever reason you made up).

If you seriously dont think Tony V cant improve his crossing, or use of the ball, thats fine. I clearly do.
You dont have to agree. But you also dont have to be a baby and go and report posts

When you consider how much we rely on him to create chances from the right, 4 assists is...pretty crap.
This is a tough one. Id like to know how many chances hes created and hasnt converted vs how many times hes got into positions and hasnt delivered.

Mike09

Hes clearly a RW converted into a RB. Hes not somebody that has had his whole career as a RB (whos been trained on defending first, attacking second)
Hes playing RB now and his attacking and athleticism gets him into positions that basically means on the attacking side when we have the ball hes in a position where his final ball sees him in a right winger stage
The reason he moved back was due to injuries and due to his athleticism (not because of whatever reason you made up).

If you seriously dont think Tony V cant improve his crossing, or use of the ball, thats fine. I clearly do.
You dont have to agree. But you also dont have to be a baby and go and report posts
Firstly, I'm a baby because all I want is talking something about United for peace in this forum not being a tough boy and arguing with you about my English, make a wrong statement about me and laughed at them. Not being bullied. Sorry mate, If admin can't warn you then I shall put you in my ignore list to put it end because I would rather talk some sense with someone.
Second, please don't let me repeat this again we are talking about Valencia's 2016/2017.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's receiving a lot of compliments on r/Soccer, seems his performances haven't gone unnoticed. Many saying he's in the discussion to be best RB in the league, can't argue with that.

Dobbs

The only problem is that we switched him to right back because he wasn't good enough as a winger anymore. Yet he's still pretty much our right winger. Especially in the games we dominate.

We just need to get a proper wide man playing well in front of him. Take the attacking burden off him because defensively he's turned out brilliantly.

Sylar

The only problem is that we switched him to right back because he wasn't good enough as a winger anymore. Yet he's still pretty much our right winger. Especially in the games we dominate.
Pretty much this, though I think he moved back due to injuries and he did well there.
Even in games we might not dominate, hes basically our right side up and down.

I do agree, some of the attacking burden should be taken off him, but at the same time, if you look at somebody like G.Neville who had Beckham and Ronaldo, (nostalgia aside), his final ball seemed to be better (it helped he would cut back and use his left foot though).

Ashley R1+O

Jesus. You're really hung up on the 20 crosses thing. I misread your original post, where you mentioned 20 touches in the final third. 20 crosses, 11 crosses, whatever. I have absolutely no idea whether the stats you're using to slag him off are meaningful or not because you're refusing to put them in context. Which you could only do by comparing these stats with other fullbacks.
No, I am not really. I was just pointing out you quoted an entirely different user who had made that comment and then claimed people were using it in a way to post a specific agenda against Valencia which is entirely false. I am just pointing out that the claim was fictitious. I posted the stats because his completion stats backed up an earlier claim that his crossing was poor.
But wait, you don't care how he stacks up against other players. Then why bother posting stats at all? Completely meaningless without context. You may as well tell us all he's shit because he has too many vowels in his surname.
Not really, I'd rather he improve his game because I like him. Rather than senselessly bleat about "xx" player who would be an infinitely better option and we should get rid of Valencia "because he's shite". That would be a classic example of agenda posting. The amount of vowels in his name is exactly the number of crosses per game he hits in :lol:. But relax though, the claim that he could really improve his usage of the ball I think is fair.

Also above, great that he renewed his deal. Excellent servant to the club and has well earned the extension.

That is actually a very good example of how he can improve his smarts when delivering a ball.

The BlackGaijin

I don’t trust him and Mata outside the field. No one can be that talented and be that polite at the same time. I assure you Valencia and Mata get down to very weird shit outside the field just to let out steam. He probably spends his free days in orgies under a mountain while wearing a goats head or something. That’s why he is always 100% come match day and also why he has no time for silly antics like the Lingards and the Pogbas.

As for Mata,I shudder to imagine what he engages in to keep him smilling at everyone all the time. The quiet ones!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
His performances this season kind of remind me of 11/12, when he was a tank all season long and we became pretty much reliant on him to get into really advanced positions on the pitch. Now of course we have great players, but Valencia, despite being a right back, is so often our out ball and just the option we use to relieve pressure and bring the ball up the field. Hes so reliable in terms of keeping it, picking the right pass and generally, not giving it away cheaply. Also has a great first touch and brings down those cross field passes effortlessly.

If he was at Barca or Bayern or Madrid and putting in these performances, people would be calling him the best right back around IMO.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Good move from the Club. He has been one of the better players in nearly every match and is more than solid back there. Ideally now we look at bringing through a young RB to eventually take over his place.

Drifter

American
Well deserved .Stuck in there and reinvented himself as a fullback and a very decent one at that

Dobbs

No, I am not really. I was just pointing out you quoted an entirely different user who had made that comment and then claimed people were using it in a way to post a specific agenda against Valencia which is entirely false. I am just pointing out that the claim was fictitious. I posted the stats because his completion stats backed up an earlier claim that his crossing was poor.

Not really, I'd rather he improve his game because I like him. Rather than senselessly bleat about "xx" player who would be an infinitely better option and we should get rid of Valencia "because he's shite". That would be a classic example of agenda posting. The amount of vowels in his name is exactly the number of crosses per game he hits in :lol:. But relax though, the claim that he could really improve his usage of the ball I think is fair.

Also above, great that he renewed his deal. Excellent servant to the club and has well earned the extension.

That is actually a very good example of how he can improve his smarts when delivering a ball.
Agree with you.

Baffles me how saying Valencia's final ball/decision is poor can be classed as an agenda.

AXVnee7

A little exaggeration on my part cos that was one of the criticisms, but more with regards to the blocked crosses, eg like this:

Hes ahead of the man, and when we were sitting in the stadium on that side, we knew what the Liverpool defender was going to do (he only had one choice tbh) so was waiting for Valencia to just pull it back, to get past him, but he didnt. (which goes towards, if he was more comfy with his left foot, he can cut back and use it). No doubt hes been better this season at getting involved (I think hes at his best when Mata in ahead of him actually).

Im happy the one year extension has been triggered. He probably also has one of the best first touches in our team.
Hes also the same age as Wayne Rooney :nervous:
Yeah, he's brilliant defensively but offensively he can improve. I'd like to see him whip the ball in more especially from the slightly deeper positions but he does at least get in these positions which is a positive.

spiriticon

Who was the first manager to play him at right back consistently?

Was it Moyes or Van Gaal?

Stoke 1:1 Man Utd

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
2 left footed crosses in 27 minutes, one of them led to our most dangerous moment. Tbh almost every cross he does with his left foot (about 5 per season) looks dangerous, no idea why he doesn't do it more often

ATXRedDevil

2 left footed crosses in 27 minutes, one of them led to our most dangerous moment. Tbh almost every cross he does with his left foot (about 5 per season) looks dangerous, no idea why he doesn't do it more often
Came here to post the same thing. The first one was great I had to rewatch it a couple of times to confirm it was Valencia

AXVnee7

Displays such a lack of range in his crossing. Needs to mix it up more

Mike09

Motm in first half. He's looking very dangerous with his "2 footed crosses" ;)

AXVnee7

But his crossing has been good today...

He's created like 3 very good chances. Ibra, Fellani and Mikhi
Yeah but it could be absolutely lethal. Good is good, but he gets in such good positions and plays the wrong cross many times as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.