Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

devips

Get Fabinho. Sack Valencia. He can't cross. He can't run past opposition defenders. Not United quality. Even his name is not glamorous enough. All the RBs in the PL are better than him.

Devil may care

I'm ambivalent towards him in general unlike most who seem to rabidly love/hate him, certainly had a good game today.

Sigma

Also had a hand in the FA Cup winning goal too.
Yep, he 'assisted' (admittedly via a pretty big deflection though) the winning goal and was very good the whole game

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think the worst line I ever read on this forum is he's 'not a proper RB'. It's not only the most stupid think I've ever read it's also makes no sense at all. Valencia is a RB now and has reinvented himself in the role. He has exceptional physical stats and they make him formidable in 1 on 1s. Sure he can be prone to defensive lapses but which players don't? He's the most underrated player in the team as a RB and it won't be a surprise to me to see him be Mourinhos number one all season.

The White Pele

Aside from some technical limitations, Valencia's biggest drawback has often been a lack of confidence.

I think Jose will show faith in him and I could see him being a big player for us this season. If Mourinho can bring back aggressive Valencia but as an overlapping full-back then it's a big plus.

settembrini

I'm ambivalent towards him in general unlike most who seem to rabidly love/hate him, certainly had a good game today.
There aren't many of us are there?

He's a pretty decent right back who plays okay most of the time. I'm continually confused by the arguments between people who think he is brilliant vs people who think he is terrible.

I expect he'll be first choice again this season and do okay and then we'll replace him next summer.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
How predictable, Valencia bashers come out after a decent performance to claim they've always backed him.
I haven't seen anything like that.

Mostly people (me included) who have thought Valencia is a shadow of the player he used to be for us and are happy with a performance like that because we want to see him be good for us again.

R'hllor

Its really weird to see how professional player is so one footed,i mean,sometimes it looks like he couldnt use left foot even if his life depends on it. Today there were few situations where they pinned him down,so he was forced to turn his back,while shielding ball opportunities popped up to pass the ball and release the pressure but he couldnt do it because those passes were open only if you do it with left foot.

Acole9

Outstanding
Get Fabinho. Sack Valencia. He can't cross. He can't run past opposition defenders. Not United quality. Even his name is not glamorous enough. All the RBs in the PL are better than him.
Did you miss the match? Two of the goals come from his crosses.

Devil may care

There aren't many of us are there?

He's a pretty decent right back who plays okay most of the time. I'm continually confused by the arguments between people who think he is brilliant vs people who think he is terrible.

I expect he'll be first choice again this season and do okay and then we'll replace him next summer.
It's pretty bizarre, some fiercely fight his corner like he's Cafu while others act like he's a conference footballer. I agree that he'll likely spend the bulk of the season as first choice RB before we upgrade next summer.

ChaddyP

Best Fullback in the league just remembered how to cross. We are gonna be so fecking deadly :devil:

Footyislife

But actually, it's not.
3 assists with crosses, some people can't count. We definitely don't need a new RB. Mourinho has revolutionized Valencia's effectiveness, by teaching him to cross like a normal person.

stevoc

Hopefully we see the attacking intent he showed today more regularly this season.

More of this please Tony and less of the stop,turn back,pass and the shin smash.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I wonder at which point it will become fashionable to recognise what a good full back he is.

Carrick had a few of those watershed moments throughout his career where large sections of fans suddenly clicked onto what he does, as did Fletcher.

The prejudice takes a while to get over but once it's gone he'll be fully appreciated.

RedStarUnited

I know its not the best of time to say this but I still dont like the shape of his crosses..

RedStarUnited

I wonder at which point it will become fashionable to recognise what a good full back he is.

Carrick had a few of those watershed moments throughout his career where large sections of fans suddenly clicked onto what he does, as did Fletcher.

The prejudice takes a while to get over but once it's gone he'll be fully appreciated.
Fletcher improved drastically from his early days, I don't think it was prejudice at all.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Always enjoy it when Tony V is on his game, brings back good memories.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Great yesterday, and will be a big help against teams we'll dominate. Though, when we're against the better teams and need to defend, we'll see what he's made of defensively now that we might finally have a solid defensive unit. He's been clumsy at times defensively but I'll wait and see how he does under José rather than judging him on the mess that was last season. I like him and he's put his all in at his time at United so I hope he succeeds.

I also thought he handled Dortmund's Dembélé a lot better than Shaw. I'm not saying that to discredit Shaw who's done well after being out for so long; just to emphasize how well he did against an explosive player who caused us a lot of problems.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Great today. Now if only he can continue actually attacking that right wing then he might have a good season under new management.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
If he can stay fit, he should be our first choice for the RB. I think he will have a very good season.

Reggie74

Said nobody ever.
Yeah that cross to Ibra for the goal in the first 3 minutes was just terrible, said no one ever.

And he even added a couple more assists, said no ever. Lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.