Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
It was a return game for him, but he does look finished at this level. Will probably be afforded a few more chances, would have to assume Young or Dalot will be preferred now though.

Galactico

It was a return game for him, but he does look finished at this level. Will probably be afforded a few more chances, would have to assume Young or Dalot will be preferred now though.
He's been a good servant, albeit very one-dimensional of late. Time to move on though for sure. I hope Dalot is the future.

Andersons Dietician

Reminds me of Ivanovic during Jose’s last season at Chelsea. He has no interest in crosses the half way line. 0 output coming from that right side. Not good enough anymore unfortunately.
He’s been like this for around 4 years now and it’s crazy to think he used to be a semi decent winger at least for 2/3 seasons.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Think it's about time he moved on. He's 33 and will be 34 before next season, now's as good a time as any. I think we're adequately covered in RB with Young, Dalot and Darmian all more capable playing there than him.
Great servant for the club, without a doubt. He's spent nearly 10 years here, which is an awesome return, really, for any player. Be that as it may -- he is done at this level. His legs are gone and he offers absolutely nothing going forward or defensively. I'd be absolutely fecking shocked if we offered him even a year extension before the summer.

fallengt

Staying back is overrated. How many chances Atsu had in the first half? His position was woeful when it come to oppo's counter attack. Herrera had to babysit him the whole match.

InThe last 3 matches we were more solid on the back. We didn't concede today but it had something to do with luck and shit finishing

Janson

Staying back is overrated. How many chances Atsu had in the first half? His position was woeful when it come to oppo's counter attack. Herrera had to babysit him the whole match.

InThe last 3 matches we were more solid on the back. We didn't concede today but it had something to do with luck and shit finishing than Valencia" staying back".
Nobody said we didn't concede because he stayed back.

stevoc

Ashley Young as a right back is a sad thought...but there I was wishing at half time pleading for Ashley Young to come on. That's how bad Valencia is. Hasn't been good enough for years. Enough of this club servant, long time player rubbish. Time to be ruthless and if you aren't good enough be it player or manager, you're done. Time for Tony to leave
Same it's a sad indictment of the criminally poor the squad management over the last 5 years by Moyes, Mourinho and especially Van Gaal has been that we have no decent options on the right wing or at right back. None bar Daot whos still an unknown quantity.

Valencia has been a great servant, he's due a testimonial this summer give him that but wish him well and move him on. He doesn't fit into an attacking system he just won't provide width or take on a defender. It's soul destroying watching him play knowing how good of a winger he was years ago.

RedStarUnited

Why is he a great 'servant' exactly? how many teams have wanted him and he has rejected them to stay?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What was wrong with him today ? I know he's playing after awhile but it's as if he refused to enter their half. Maybe he just doesn't have the running power anymore and felt he needed to conserve.

Canagel

You only have to click the thread marks and go back to read the comments from post Wolves game or Valencia (both legs) and see what the fans have said.

There's a reason fans were worried when Ole reaffirmed his captain status and said he's good going forward in the press conference. Hopefully tonight he realized Valencia is done just like we did a long time ago.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Apart from looking like he shouldn't be playing football, he seemed to either completely ignore tactical instructions or not fancy his fitness enough for it. He didn't make a single run foward. Not a single one. When we were playing our triangles on the left and midfield, you could see that Pogba/Matic/Herrara would take a glance down the right wing to see where Dalot/Young would usually be and instead they saw no one.

I find it hard to believe that Ole & co would have asked Valencia to make 0 forward runs. I don't think he thought he had it in the tank to make those runs and get back in case of a counter attack. If that was the case, why the feck was he playing a game in the premier league???

ricky-romeo

good thing his contract ends in june.

bye bye tony v and thanks for your good first 2/3 seasons, average few years later and definitely poor for some time now.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Why is he a great 'servant' exactly? how many teams have wanted him and he has rejected them to stay?
He sacked his agent shortly after arriving at United if I recall. Said he didn't need to move anywhere else because this is the club he wants to be at.

I'll always have good feelings about Valencia because of this. It's a shame how his performances have been regressing.

Varun

Staff
Lack of ability to make an attacking contribution being replaced by a lack of desire. Didnt even bother making runs, forget about doing something useful after that.

Hopeless.

LeftyBlaster

Lack of ability to make an attacking contribution being replaced by a lack of desire. Didnt even bother making runs, forget about doing something useful after that.

Hopeless.
And yet still pointed half-heartedly for a pass to be made in front of him everytime he stood still in front of Dummett :lol: Pathetic token gesture. Pathetic.

Winrar

Not to attack him personally or belittle his past contributions to this team but we need to get rid. Unfortunately he's just not good enough any longer to fit in this system. If we faced better attacking sides they would've eaten us alive today using that side of the pitch.

Robbie Boy

He was terrible last night. Then again, when I saw the line-up, he was the one I took issue with.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
another Mourinho favourite that should be bench player only now.

Negative, sideways, backwards rubbish is what you get.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
You must have missed the 10 times that I agreed that Valencia is not good enough and shouldn't play anymore. I'm only saying that most players were not doing their job until the goal. Valencia was bad but so were the others.

I think you misunderstood my response to him. His analysis said that Martial, Pogba and co didn't have space to attack down the left because we had no threat on the right. So that means that there was more space these last three games because there was a threat on the right. So I was asking him how we could have managed to attack successfully with Valencia playing on the right under Mourinho. Surely there wasn't any space then either on the left and in the middle. If they were crowding that area of the field today, why didn't they do it back then? Or did they but we were so good that we managed to score anyway?

The defence will always shift to where the ball is, just to a slightly lesser degree if there is a threat down the other side.
No I saw it. You must have missed where Valencia was the worst player on the pitch. When a player is consistently bad, as Valencia has been for several seasons now, his return from an extended period of time out of the time is bound to he scrutinized.

Erm, we haven't? Our attack has been blunt for a while. Stop working in extremes in an attempt to validate your point. Valencia's complete lack of thrust and attacking potency has been an issue for some time. That doesn't mean we have been unable to score. It's not a coincidence we look invariably more dangerous down the right when he isn't playing.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Both he and Herrera down that side were passing extremely sideways. I thought Herrera had improved on this a bit in his last few games but maybe you can blame Valencia for Herrera's passivity too? As a result, that entire right side was dead all game. Everything came from the left or left of central midfield.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
He was literally the best right back in the world a couple of years ago
:lol:

another Mourinho favourite that should be bench player only now.

Negative, sideways, backwards rubbish is what you get.
Its telling that Mourinho's favourites either dont have a place in a functioning side (Fellaini, Valencia) or hav to change thier game by 180 degrees (Matic)

Womp

idiot
:lol:

Its telling that Mourinho's favourites either dont have a place in a functioning side (Fellaini, Valencia) or hav to change thier game by 180 degrees (Matic)
Valencia was phased out by Mourinho this season, with Shaw and Young being the preferred fullbacks, even Dalot was preferred to him. I'd hardly claim he was a favorite of his, at least not this season. Secondly, players like Rashford were also his favourites and he's been arguably our best player since Ole came in. It had nothing to do with Mourinho's favourites, it had to do with his inability to coach said players to get the best out of them. Or in the least, allow them to express themselves.

ice-bionic red

Very poor tonight. He shouldn’t start ever again, never mind wear the arm band! Hope the management can see this

Rossa

He was poor - very poor in fact, but he's also been out for a long while. I think we should let him regain some fitness before we completely write him off.

Gungne

I was a bit disappointed with Valencia in this match. I really like him, but in this game he was not as good as Young has been. No big errors, but I wanted him to attack a bit more, see some crossers.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Looked totally shot last night. Can't see him turning it around. I have felt for some time that Valencia should move on. Last night reinforced that. I hope he can find himself again but I am not optimistic about it happening.

stu_1992

He's been poor going forward for ages now, that should be no surprise to anyone. Him and Mata can not play the right flank together. He did usually offer us some sort of defensive solidity though, but that wasn't apparent at all last night. In that first half especially, it felt like we had a gaping hole on that side. Dalot should get far more chances going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.