Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Valencia is now free to discuss contracts with other clubs. Would do well to go and negotiate a couple of years contract at a lower Premiership club.
He needs to go to China and get a huge payday for the road.

Janson

Your defense for him is weird.

He wasn't told to stay back, and if he was told to while Atsu was tearing his side to shreds, it's more of a reason to slaughter him.
I am not even saying he was good. It's just ridiculous to see every other post in the matchthread shiting on him, while no one else played well. How do you know he wasn't told to stay back though? If he wasn't then surely Ole would have recognised that being a big issue and done something about it. He wasn't good defensively either, but our whole backline was all over the place and there was no help from the midfielders on the counters they had because our midfielders were left too far up the field. If that was a good team, we would have been down a couple surely by halftime.

Janson

:lol: mate, he's been playing those passes for 3 years.

I agree, his legs have gone. He's just not good enough anymore.

He's been a great servant to the club, but he's done.
He's not good enough, but nobody was until that first goal. He's just the easiest target for people to blame, that's all.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
He's not good enough, but nobody was until that first goal. He's just the easiest target for people to blame, that's all.
Easiest target because he's the plain as day obvious weak link. He was utterly rubbish today

el3mel

I am not even saying he was good. It's just ridiculous to see every other post in the matchthread shiting on him, while no one else played well. How do you know he wasn't told to stay back though? If he wasn't then surely Ole would have recognised that being a big issue and done something about it. He wasn't good defensively either, but our whole backline was all over the place and there was no help from the midfielders on the counters they had because our midfielders were left too far up the field. If that was a good team, we would have been down a couple surely by halftime.
Player plays shite, he got criticized, I don't understand the problem. It's not like other players escape this when they have shite games or so.

He was high up in the pitch, and again, saying he was staying back as excuse is weird but he was shite defensively too and all their attacks literally, literally were coming from his side. If Atsu was half decent he would have scored 1 or 2 goals. People's problem with him isn't just offensively, he's terrible defensively.

Managers make mistakes from time to time. Just because a manager made a mistake of letting a player completes a match means it was completely fine performance.

shahzy

Ashley Young as a right back is a sad thought...but there I was wishing at half time pleading for Ashley Young to come on. That's how bad Valencia is. Hasn't been good enough for years. Enough of this club servant, long time player rubbish. Time to be ruthless and if you aren't good enough be it player or manager, you're done. Time for Tony to leave

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
No ones blaming him for anything, we won the game.

But his involvement is holding the team back because he's just not good enough anymore.

Its always sad when a player comes to the end. Particularly someone like Valencia who, in his time was a warrior.

Janson

Easiest target because he's the plain as day obvious weak link. He was utterly rubbish today
Your theory that we couldn't attack because we didn't have a threat down the right doesn't hold up. We have not had an attackkng threat on the right during the whole time Mourinho was here. How the hell did we manage 2nd place and winning games by multiple goals then with Valencia as RB? Yes he was running up and down the field constantly then, but he was still not an attacking threat.

Janson

No ones blaming him for anything, we won the game.

But his involvement is holding the team back because he's just not good enough anymore.

Its always sad when a player comes to the end. Particularly someone like Valencia who, in his time was a warrior.
Really? Take a look at the match thread. Every other post is about how bad Valencia is. He was bad but he was not the only reason for it.

I agree that he shouldn't be playing anymore but it's just ridiculous how it's always someone that needs to be scapegoated.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
We all know He somehow lost his ability to do crosses 5 years ago. there's also rumors about his one leg being shorter than the other. But regardless of his current ability, He's always been a true professional and respects the club. If the club know He's going downhill and keeps playing him, what else can He do? can He really refuse?

I hope Ole will slowly replace him with Dalot. But I won't talk shit about Valencia. A loyal servant to the club.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Your theory that we couldn't attack because we didn't have a threat down the right doesn't hold up. We have not had an attackkng threat on the right during the whole time Mourinho was here.[/B] How the hell did we manage 2nd place and winning games by multiple goals then with Valencia as RB. Yes he was running up and down the field constantly then, but he was still not an attacking threat.
I'm talking about one game. He was rubbish today and right side of our attack was effected by it until the subs.It was worse than usual.

Valencia didn't go past the halfway line much today. Mata drifted centrally to get on the ball
We attacked more on the left and centrally until Sanchez and Lukaku came on.

Red Stone

He offered absolutely nothing in attack and constantly lost track of Atsu in defence. We're lucky Atsu has no end product or we would have been in big trouble today. Imagine Mané, Son or Hazard going up against Valencia.

Canagel

Your theory that we couldn't attack because we didn't have a threat down the right doesn't hold up. We have not had an attackkng threat on the right during the whole time Mourinho was here. How the hell did we manage 2nd place and winning games by multiple goals then with Valencia as RB? Yes he was running up and down the field constantly then, but he was still not an attacking threat.
He's regressed even more from last season. He even scored a couple of goals last
but his time is up now. Young is like Cafu in comparison with Valencia.

Janson

Player plays shite, he got criticized, I don't understand the problem. It's not like other players escape this when they have shite games or so.

He was high up in the pitch, and again, saying he was staying back as excuse is weird but he was shite defensively too and all their attacks literally, literally were coming from his side. If Atsu was half decent he would have scored 1 or 2 goals. People's problem with him isn't just offensively, he's terrible defensively.

Managers make mistakes from time to time. Just because a manager made a mistake of letting a player completes a match means it was completely fine performance.
And I agree that it wasn't a good performance, as I already stated. You don't have to agree with me on this, but there's always a scapegoat when we lose. Fellaini, Lingard, Young, Darmian have all been punching bags. It's ridiculous to say that this isn't happening.

You are agreeing with me that they should have scored on those counters. You can't be telling me that he is the only one to blame for that.

Janson

He's regressed even more from last season. He even scored a couple of goals last
but his time is up now. Young is like Cafu in comparison with Valencia.
Well I am in agreement that his time is up.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Really? Take a look at the match thread. Every other post is about how bad Valencia is. He was bad but he was not the only reason for it.

I agree that he shouldn't be playing anymore but it's just ridiculous how it's always someone that needs to be scapegoated.
No fecking way man... Thats like telling Alice to do a few tabs of acid before she jumps in the rabbit hole!

I think we probably share the same opinion on Valencia.

Janson

He offered absolutely nothing in attack and constantly lost track of Atsu in defence. We're lucky Atsu has no end product or we would have been in big trouble today. Imagine Mané, Son or Hazard going up against Valencia.
They didn't play one on one though. It's not just the RB that's responsible for defending the winger. The whole team as a unit needs to function and it didn't today.

Sauldogba

I was looking forward to the prospect of him never playing for us again.
Its a shame :lol:
Forgotten how bad he was.
I honestly never want to see him play for us again.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
No he wasnt. That's some weird logic you've got there. We got second in spite of players like Valencia. Should we give McTominay plenty of game time too? He's been a dedicated player for many years but that doesn't mitigate the fact that he simply isn't good enough any more.

Bola

:lol: I've counted 4 forward passes.
And nothing that appears to resemble a cross.

Not sure if that map can really show it, but I don't recall him taking a touch in or around the box,

el3mel

And I agree that it wasn't a good performance, as I already stated. You don't have to agree with me on this, but there's always a scapegoat when we lose. Fellaini, Lingard, Young, Darmian have all been punching bags. It's ridiculous to say that this isn't happening.

You are agreeing with me that they should have scored on those counters. You can't be telling me that he is the only one to blame for that.
It's not scapegoat. It's just saying x player is poor and is becoming a hindrance when he plays. I don't remember a single game we lost and the whole team wasn't slaughtered for it, just the worse players get more of the cake but no one escape it. Of course, there're some in other threads that don't want to admit x player played poor *cough*Martial*cough* but they are the minority I guess.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It’s a shame but he’s looking really off the pace these days.

He’s playing in safe mode, too scared to fully attack in case of not being able to get back. Defensively backs off all the way until they decide to cross, but they’re in the box by that point.

Young is the clear number 1 right now, we just need dalot to progress quickly.

Red Stone

And nothing that appears to resemble a cross.

Not sure if that map can really show it, but I don't recall him taking a touch in or around the box,
Absolute nothing player going forward and a complete liability in defence. The criticism is absolutely justified, and a big reason we struggled as a team was because Valencia was incapable of taking control of the right side. That problem was obviously made worse by Mata not being interested in actually playing his position.

Both Dalot and Young are better and more proactive players when they play. I'm not sure who's a better third choice right back between Darmian and Valencia as they're both dreadful. At this point it might be better to give Laird the nod to give him the experience.

Janson

No he wasnt. That's some weird logic you've got there. We got second in spite of players like Valencia. Should we give McTominay plenty of game time too? He's been a dedicated player for many years but that doesn't mitigate the fact that he simply isn't good enough any more.
You must have missed the 10 times that I agreed that Valencia is not good enough and shouldn't play anymore. I'm only saying that most players were not doing their job until the goal. Valencia was bad but so were the others.

I think you misunderstood my response to him. His analysis said that Martial, Pogba and co didn't have space to attack down the left because we had no threat on the right. So that means that there was more space these last three games because there was a threat on the right. So I was asking him how we could have managed to attack successfully with Valencia playing on the right under Mourinho. Surely there wasn't any space then either on the left and in the middle. If they were crowding that area of the field today, why didn't they do it back then? Or did they but we were so good that we managed to score anyway?

The defence will always shift to where the ball is, just to a slightly lesser degree if there is a threat down the other side.

Bola

Absolute nothing player going forward and a complete liability in defence. The criticism is absolutely justified, and a big reason we struggled as a team was because Valencia was incapable of taking control of the right side. That problem was obviously made worse by Mata not being interested in actually playing his position.

Both Dalot and Young are better and more proactive players when they play. I'm not sure who's a better third choice right back between Darmian and Valencia as they're both dreadful. At this point it might be better to give Laird the nod to give him the experience.
Unfortunately, Valencia has declined to the state than Darmian is the better. The Italian has put in some ok performances when called upon this year.

Aside from the impact on our play and the wrong tone set by a below par Captain, I really don't want to see Valencia get any more game time. A great servant to the club who has performed more than admirably at RW and RB (not always get getting the credit deserved). I don't want to see him get his reputation tarnished now that age is catching up with him (No one can win that race). Getting him off to another club where he gets ganetime plus securing a 2+ contract on good money (before it is too late), would be the best thing.

Not sure if he has done enough years for a testimonial, but I'd still award him one if he does not see the season out

Ashley R1+O

He's been done for a good three years now, that much is pretty evident. You're not really going to get much more of an attacking performance than the one above. Even the defensive line was all over the place in the first half until he just stopped even trying to go forward and breaking shape at all. I think it helped us in the second half with him staying home a lot more because in the first half he was all over the place when they would transition the ball quickly with Atsu.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
You must have missed the 10 times that I agreed that Valencia is not good enough and shouldn't play anymore. I'm only saying that most players were not doing their job until the goal. Valencia was bad but so were the others.

I think you misunderstood my response to him. His analysis said that Martial, Pogba and co didn't have space to attack down the left because we had no threat on the right. So that means that there was more space these last three games because there was a threat on the right. So I was asking him how we could have managed to attack successfully with Valencia playing on the right under Mourinho. Surely there wasn't any space then either on the left and in the middle. If they were crowding that area of the field today, why didn't they do it back then? Or did they but we were so good that we managed to score anyway?
I never said that. I think you're confusing me with someone else. I stated we attacked more down one side in the first half (60% on left 22% centrally, 18% left according to a graphic). Look at the stats from today on the right - they were much worse than anything we've seen this season

Janson

It's not scapegoat. It's just saying x player is poor and is becoming a hindrance when he plays. I don't remember a single game we lost and the whole team wasn't slaughtered for it, just the worse players get more of the cake but no one escape it. Of course, there're some in other threads that don't want to admit x player played poor *cough*Martial*cough* but they are the minority I guess.
Well that's exactly what I'm talking about. Maybe there is a reluctance to criticize someone who has been good for a while. So that might be why Valencia is criticized more. I don't know, I haven't read every post in the match thread. It's just that the only ones I did read happened to only be about him.

Orange Tree

Valencia is always a bit limited in his attacking play. But he always bombed forward and run a lot.

Today he wasn't doing either.

Janson

I never said that. I think you're confusing me with someone else. I stated we attacked more down one side in the first half (60% on left 22% centrally, 18% left according to a graphic). Look at the stats from today on the right - they were much worse than anything we've seen this season
Yeah I might have confused you with someone else, sorry. But were we attacking much more down the right when we finished second though? It seems to me like we almost never did because there was only Valencia there.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Yeah I might have confused you with someone else, sorry. But were we attacking much more down the right when we finished second though? It seems to me like we almost never did because there was only Valencia there.
I'm not sure but that's besides the point. I just thought he was the weaklink in the first half and found it very frustrating.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Think it's about time he moved on. He's 33 and will be 34 before next season, now's as good a time as any. I think we're adequately covered in RB with Young, Dalot and Darmian all more capable playing there than him.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Think it's about time he moved on. He's 33 and will be 34 before next season, now's as good a time as any. I think we're adequately covered in RB with Young, Dalot and Darmian all more capable playing there than him.
You know it's bad when Darmian is a better option

ash_86

Move on please. I was screaming for him to get forward. He was sat at the half way line even though most of our players were in the final third. He still thinks he is playing under Jose.

Renegade

Reminds me of Ivanovic during Jose’s last season at Chelsea. He has no interest in crosses the half way line. 0 output coming from that right side. Not good enough anymore unfortunately.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
You know it's bad when Darmian is a better option
My thoughts exactly. I'll always like Valencia and there's really no shame in being "past it" at 33.

Status
Not open for further replies.