Antonio Valencia... | Will wear #25 shirt from this point onwards by request

Status
Not open for further replies.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Even if a player's general performance is bad it's very important that he still produces.It's better than nothing to have him deliver assists, his form will (hopefully) come back

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I didn't think he played to badly. Nothing great but he did his role well and got an assist. Though one thing that did annoy me during the game was when we had a break. RVP is making a run in the box and valencia should have really played it early, but instead let the defender get back in front of him and slowed it down.

Nathan

I thought this was his best game for the season. In some instances he held onto the ball for a tad to long and we lost our momentum.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
On the contrary, I thought it was a good performance by him. He attacked when he needed to, and defended when he had to. Also, his linking up with Van Persie, Rooney, and Rafael was very good with everyone knowing how the other was going to move after the pass. I can only think of one instance where Rafael and Valencia had a misunderstanding and that Chelsea counter attack was quickly dealt with. He also got two assists (Yeah, I know it's a Luiz own goal).

Godfather

Criminal? Bit of an OTT reaction!

Valencia did what was needed, an assist and kept Ashley Coe from foraging. Job well done imho
Not OTT at all. From 15 metres out he shouldn't miss the target by 15 metres. Gave me and my mates a good laugh though

Varun

Staff
Both him and Young were okay. Nothing great but did their job, am happy with that away from home. That said, he should have fecking buried that chance.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
What is up with him? The commentators were saying he had a good game, but he has been poor for a few games now. Too many times he'll kill the attack by stopping and playing backwards and his crossing and decision making was dire today.

CallyRed

Somewhat frustrating today in my opinion, thought Santos did very well against him. Thought we should have bought on Nani sooner.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He takes ages to make simple decisions and at times he's mentally blocked on playing with his right foot that he doesn't wanna cut it with a pass on his left.He's not in good form but he still hurt Santos on numerous occasions

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
It was a bit of both today from him. He was utilising his pace well and was ripping Santos completely apart, but once he had done that his crosses would come to nothing all too often. Seemed to effect his confidence later in the game.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Out of form and confidence, he's not driving at defenders like he usually does.

Ash_G

Yeah I agree, for me he hasn't really been himself all season. Just looks like he really doesn't want to run at people, if he can't get that yard to drill the ball he honestly does nothing and atm seems really reluctant to try and do a lofted cross. He has some good moments still but I think on the ball he's not doing enough. Really do think if it were Nani people would be a lot more ruthless in their criticism.

CallyRed

It was a bit of both today from him. He was utilising his pace well and was ripping Santos completely apart, but once he had done that his crosses would come to nothing all too often. Seemed to effect his confidence later in the game.
I thought Santos handled him fairly well.

Justin

Out of form and confidence, he's not driving at defenders like he usually does.
I thought he was okay driving at Santos, just completely missing the final ball.

Just how hard is it for a professional player to stick a weak foot out at an open goal

M160RA

To be fair, he hasn't quite looked like the same player he was last season.

Ainu

He's looking completely out of ideas in attack at the moment. He always slows the game down to almost a complete halt nowadays, and usually he either doesn't do anything or does something utterly pointless and wasteful. It's strange to see. He puts in the effort defensively, but honestly he shouldn't be an automatic starter anymore. He needs a wake-up call.

Coca Cola

One balled wonder
I thought he was good in the first half.

It was like that miss hurt his confidence as he went quiet after that.

TheBest

SPNTBP
I did, probably better than some other left backs this season. I'm not saying he owned Valencia just that he did fairly well against him.
He was really poor tonight. How many times did Valencia beat him just with simple change of direction? For a professional it was an embarrassing performance IMO.

Forevergiggs

This waiting and pondering for 5 minutes before crossing the ball is new, isn't it? Has been annoying me with this over the last few games. Seems a little lost about what do with the ball or which way to go. Looks a bit off the pace too. Needs to up his game.

sparky

Once he got near the penalty area he just seemed to stop and wait. then had to play the ball back because Arsenal then had 2-3 players on him. Santos did quite well against him.

Ash_G

He was getting done with ease in the first half as expected but as the game went on Valencia was getting less effective especially when he got put in areas where there wasn't the space/chance to just knock it to one side and go past that way and Santos started getting beyond Valencia a lot and he wasn't tracking him.

Cina

One of the worst performances I've seen from him in a long time. Awful.

Godfather

He looked the same as he did in previous games this season. Decent. Did notging too wrong but also nothing very good.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He's looking completely out of ideas in attack at the moment. He always slows the game down to almost a complete halt nowadays, and usually he either doesn't do anything or does something utterly pointless and wasteful. It's strange to see. He puts in the effort defensively, but honestly he shouldn't be an automatic starter anymore. He needs a wake-up call.
It's not as if his game has really changed. He's never really been a player who's known for his tendency to mix it up: he's a very simple direct winger. He doesn't need new ideas; he just needs to be more accurate and consistent with what he is doing.

CallyRed

He was really poor tonight. How many times did Valencia beat him just with simple change of direction? For a professional it was an embarrassing performance IMO.
I wouldn't agree that it was an embarrassing performance from Santos, strangely he was shit going forward, which is more of a strength than his defending.

Valencia did get the better of him at times, as you would expect, however especially in the first half I thought Valencia was getting caught out by him far too many times.

prateik

He did fine. He gets into his groove as the season goes on. Even if he isnt great, he is a steady player.

Great outlet to have and stretches the play... creates space for the midfielders. He is very important for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.