2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

BuzzKillington

I think there may be a player in there. Unfortunately I think the player is a full back.

He’s basically a €100m Tony Valencia. Great work ethic, not so great as a footballer and has no business being a right winger for United or a team with our aspirations.

He’s rarely our worst player and was mid again today, but I struggle to think of any games where he’s been our best.

Skills

Snitch
I think there may be a player in there. Unfortunately I think the player is a full back.

He’s basically a €100m Tony Valencia. Great work ethic, not so great as a footballer and has no business being a right winger for United or a team with our aspirations.

He’s rarely our worst player and was mid again today, but I struggle to think of any games where he’s been our best.
That's insulting to Valencia

DickDastardly

Pellistri started a couple last season and didn't so well. Maybe Amad can but for me this season Garnacho will become a starter
As opposed to Antony.

Only problem with Garnacho is that he prefers the left side.

And I don't know how Rashford feels about being played on the right.

Ideally it would be Garnacho - Hojlund - Rashford with Amad and Pellistri fighting for the last 20 minutes on the right and Jadon on the left.

Antony can play a RB.

Do the opposite of Bale.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Also his passing is so lacklustre. It’s usually under hit. Really poor player.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
As opposed to Antony.

Only problem with Garnacho is that he prefers the left side.

And I don't know how Rashford feels about being played on the right.

Ideally it would be Garnacho - Hojlund - Rashford with Amad and Pellistri fighting for the last 20 minutes on the right and Jadon on the left.

Antony can play a RB.

Do the opposite of Bale.
Yes despite Antony being crap. He retains the ball and also does his defensive duty.

I think Pellistri can dislodge him if he can do the defensive side better.

ScholesyTheWise

How can one claim that he had a solid game but was bad at attacking? That's such a contradiction when evaluating an attacker.
I saw it on a couple of posts regarding today's game.

that's bollocks, whether we paid 85 or 15 million for him.
He's meant to be an attacking threat. He almost always isn't.

To say that his (addmitedly impressive) defensive qualities somehow redeem him is unfathomable to me.

Last edited:

hmchan

The "ball retention" notion has to stop. He lost the ball very casually and unnecessarily on multiple occassions. Making up by tracking back and defending does not change the fact that he's ridiculously poor on the ball as a winger.

DickDastardly

Yes despite Antony being crap. He retains the ball and also does his defensive duty.

Not the qualities I want from our winger to be honest.

Lose the ball all you want over that center half line, just make that 1 out of 10 a proper chance and I'm all for it.

RedRover

Staggering that the club paid what they did for him. Ajax must have been laughing their heads off.

No pace. Struggles to beat a player consistently and his decision making is awful.

RedRover

Retained the ball today by passing it backwards and slowing down the attack. You can't fault his effort to be fair, but he just doesn't look good enough.

Cassidy

Not the qualities I want from our winger to be honest.

Lose the ball all you want over that center half line, just make that 1 out of 10 a proper chance and I'm all for it.
I agree.
Im just letting you know why Pellstri when he started he didn’t do well. Think Garnacho first 2 games this season

Cassidy

Retained the ball today by passing it backwards and slowing down the attack. You can't fault his effort to be fair, but he just doesn't look good enough.
Read the context of the conversation before replying

Idxomer

The "ball retention" notion has to stop. He lost the ball very casually and unnecessarily on multiple occassions. Making up by tracking back and defending does not change the fact that he's ridiculously poor on the ball as a winger.
Yep. He had 59% passing accuracy today, the worst in the starting lineup.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He does more defensively than offensively. Pathetic. Throw Bebe on the right wing and you won’t know the difference. Pellestri needs to start ahead of him.

CloneMC16

Being good in our own half isn't enough for a winger. He is horrible in the opposition third.

DickDastardly

I agree.
Im just letting you know why Pellstri when he started he didn’t do well. Think Garnacho first 2 games this season
Erik has to have a hard look at what he wants from his time at United then.

If he wants to die a slow death by playing it safe with wingers who play defensively good, he can feck off.

If he wants to take a leap of faith and play kids who want to play the game as it should be played, I'm in you bald feck.

Seems as Jadon is out of the picture for any place on the team.

That gives Garnacho and Pellistri a good chance.

Andersons Dietician

Apart from the occasional good little bit of skill to create space for himself he was more beneficial today just by getting himself in the right place to cut out a pass or two. Doesn’t seem to have the pace or strength to go at anyone and we don’t have the guile to find him in positions he doesn’t have to worry about that.

Starting to look like a total duff

BuzzKillington

I think he's talking about RB Valencia, not the winger version. 2012 Valencia obviously shites on Antony.
I was. There was a point where Valencia became ineffective as a RW, Antony was that from the moment he walked through the door.

I didn’t want Antony at the time, I’ve tried to give the lad a chance and he has some good attributes in fairness to him but he’s not good enough for that spot.

El Jefe

Sad state of affairs when he is one of our best attackers.

I don't like him one bit but there are worse players on bigger wages in our attack.

Antony has value in parts of the build up and in defence but he's just not a threatening player, either directly on goal or through creating. He's the type of player that probably works when there are a few players that can get 20-30 goals. In a team that doesn't have enough scorers and depends on him to score and create, he will come up short.

marktan

Honestly I'd give just give Garnacho, Pellestri and Diablo (when he returns) 30 mins each game and whichever looks the best after 5 games can keep starting.

I'm being deadly serious, anyone have ETH's phone number? Keep Antony for the weaker teams but against the better ones play someone who will actually try and attack for once

Last edited:

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Just does not create much. So little output and neither does he improve our attacking play

Cassidy

Erik has to have a hard look at what he wants from his time at United then.

If he wants to die a slow death by playing it safe with wingers who play defensively good, he can feck off.

If he wants to take a leap of faith and play kids who want to play the game as it should be played, I'm in you bald feck.

Seems as Jadon is out of the picture for any place on the team.

That gives Garnacho and Pellistri a good chance.
I think you’re missing the point.
Again Im not saying Antony was good today.

Im saying when Pellistri got his starts last season he was as bad as Garnacho in the first 2 games this season.

You have to be good attacking, also when we are pushing forward you need to not give the ball away easily else we get countered.

Antony has not been good enough going forward. Pelletri can displace him if he fixes his all round play because we want to commit men forward so we need to not be easily countered.

Today Antony had an overall poor performance. He gave the ball away alot. I think Garnacho will start ahead of him soon

lsd

The Oracle
This season is already a write off as Ten Hag will not drop him given her bought him against the scouts advice.

He is what he is and there is absolutely no improvement in him. He doesn't have the speed or awareness to be a creative force and will always have one foot he can't use.

We sold the wrong Anthony this summer

mu4c_20le

Just don't see much of a ceiling. He'll always be a useful, hard worker with a decent shot. Will eventually be relegated to the bench in the future.

Dominos

He retains the ball
He lost the ball cheaply so many times today.

For a player who offers close to zero attacking threat, you have to be perfect in possession to compensate for it. He's far from that, he's just very risk-averse so loses the ball slightly less than our other wide players.

Cassidy

He lost the ball cheaply so many times today.

For a player who offers close to zero attacking threat, you have to be perfect in possession to compensate for it. He's far from that, he's just very risk-averse so loses the ball slightly less than our other wide players.
Was not talking about today follow the conversation

DickDastardly

I think you’re missing the point.
Again Im not saying Antony was good today.

Im saying when Pellistri got his starts last season he was as bad as Garnacho in the first 2 games this season.

You have to be good attacking, also when we are pushing forward you need to not give the ball away easily else we get countered.

Antony has not been good enough going forward. Pelletri can displace him if he fixes his all round play because we want to commit men forward so we need to not be easily countered.

Today Antony had an overall poor performance. He gave the ball away alot. I think Garnacho will start ahead of him soon
They're both young players who will have their bad games occasionally.

But Antony is NEVER good going forward.
He can't beat his man for pace, he slows our counters time and time again, hogs the ball for too long just to make that uninspiring backwards pass.

I don't want that. Ever.

That's my point.

Dominos

Was not talking about today follow the conversation
I wasn't just talking about today, I was just using it as an example of the fact that he's prone to cheap losses of the ball like everyone else,

We just have a very low standard of judging players as we're so used to our players giving the ball away cheaply, he basically gets plaudits for not being the worst culprit.

Toddler

Aboslutely horrible today. Its starting to look like we got a another flop in our hands. Our recruiting has been astonishingly bad in attacking players. Well, lets hope he turns it around.

Cassidy

They're both young players who will have their bad games occasionally.

But Antony is NEVER good going forward.
He can't beat his man for pace, he slows our counters time and time again, hogs the ball for too long just to make that uninspiring backwards pass.

I don't want that. Ever.

That's my point.
Never good going forward is a lie

Dominos

Pellistri started a couple last season and didn't so well. Maybe Amad can but for me this season Garnacho will become a starter
We've seen enough of Rashford on the right to know it doesn't work.

We've also seen Garnacho just isn't doing it when he starts games, generally only looks good off the bench.

We've not seen Garnacho on the right yet to see if he can do it but I assume there's a reason it's not been tried. Our right wing options are Sancho, Pellestri or Amad, I wouldn't mind seeing us give any of them a go because we can't persist with a player that has as little attacking threat as Antony.

Cassidy

We've seen enough of Rashford on the right to know it doesn't work.

We've also seen Garnacho just isn't doing it when he starts games, generally only looks good off the bench.

We've not seen Garnacho on the right yet to see if he can do it but I assume there's a reason it's not been tried. Our right wing options are Sancho, Pellestri or Amad, I wouldn't mind seeing us give any of them a go because we can't persist with a player that has as little attacking threat as Antony.
Garnacho will become a starter this season that I’m sure of. Hes just learning

Pirlo'sBeard

He's a dud and we're stuck with him.

Dan Burn is the only fullback I've seen him outpace.