2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

el3mel

Next manager is going to have a hard time getting rid of this die hard flop.

MUFC OK

This guy is garbage. Good player in the eredivisie but that’s no guarantee at this level. Embarrassing to have to defend him as a United fan - not good enough and the money involved makes this transfer a complete joke of a decision. ETH will die on this hill.

As a rival team fan I’d be PISSING MYSELF and that’s the reality.

Skills

Snitch
This guy is garbage. Good player in the eredivisie but that’s no guarantee at this level. Embarrassing to have to defend him as a United fan - not good enough and the money involved makes this transfer a complete joke of a decision. ETH will die on this hill.
And that's a stretch in itself.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He can only start on the left. He's not benching Rashford.
Well the manager just said he can become a starter so…. Its you who says he can only start on the LW

Castia

He works hard and puts a shift in but you expect more from a player who cost 90m quid

160m and probably 500k+ a week on 2 wingers who can’t beat a defender in Sancho and Antony is just standard for this club

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he played quite well. He of course shits himself in and around the box, will never be worth his price, but still a good player. Just not a top one. Hopefully he transforms next to Hojlund, but hey, Garnacho and Rashford either side of Hojlund is pretty damn good too.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Played well in what he does well. And in some ways games like this are where those abilities (i.e. keeping the ball under pressure, pressing and defensive work-rate) are at their most valuable to the team. We use him as an outball a lot.

But those are the things most people already recognise he's good at. To actually improve and prove doubters wrong he needs more end product, simple as. Whatever about games like this, at least on a week to week basis.

Valencia Shin Crosses

No pace on the counter. It's impossible to become the great transition team Ten Hag says he wants without speed. Square peg, round hole.
Which is why it’s so confusing as to why he thought Antony was a good fit regardless of price tag. He’s not good at taking men on and doesn’t offer an off ball threat. Someone like Diaby in that position and we win today

In Rainbows

Honestly feel he'd make a good left back
We don't really know if he would defend well. He defends well for a winger in that he's willing to get back, but that's such a low standard for what a defender needs. Hence it doesn't tell us if he's a good defender or not. And even then, there are fullbacks that are better in attack.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He's like Dirk Kuyt from back when Liverpool were shit and their fans would try to argue that he's the best defensive striker in the league.
The guy is actually good off the ball, good workrate and even keeps the ball well but my God his final 3rd play (which is what Ultimately matters at a club like United) is dogshite.

cj_sparky

He played quite well in a defensive sense, it is the only real positive in most of his matches. He was pretty poor in attacking areas, giving Wan-Bissaka one duff ball after another, trying silly flicks and doing his usual of making a ball that looks easy to control really awkward before giving a throw away.

Samoerai Jack

I feel Antony's attacking play really opens up when we're playing closer to the opponent's box. He lacks pace and technique to cross large distances, but has the press resistance and quick thinking for playing in tight areas. Just like Mount, Amrabat and Onana, not coincidentally.

RedRover

Read the context of the conversation before replying
Plenty of context in what you said in my opinion.

I actually don’t think he does keep the ball well but even if he did, that’s not what the high point of a £90 million winger should be.

Lentwood

Most of what Antony does is good, but he lets himself down in the big moments by failing to make the final pass, cross or finish. I really do think there's a really good player in there potentially but he has to be calmer at times and he needs to continue working on going on the outside.

On the other side we have Rashford, who is almost the opposite. He's lazy, selfish and most of what he does is diabolical. However, he has had a knack throughout his career of being productive in big moments and being capable of flashes of genius.

KjaAnd

Can’t fault him for his effort. And he’s very good at keeping possession. But he does need to improve his decision making in the final third. And I don’t think he’ll ever be able to beat his man on the regular.

Doracle

Poor match overall. The match thread seemed to consist of people praising his tracking back, whilst ignoring the fact that he’d usually wasted a good attacking position in the first place by giving it away, necessitating the need to recover his error.

He’s got a nice touch and his workrate is good but his passing quality has to improve. He can do it and become a good player for us but, until reading the Sancho news, I was hoping he’d get rested for a few games after the break.

matsdf

Poor match overall. The match thread seemed to consist of people praising his tracking back, whilst ignoring the fact that he’d usually wasted a good attacking position in the first place by giving it away, necessitating the need to recover his error.

He’s got a nice touch and his workrate is good but his passing quality has to improve. He can do it and become a good player for us but, until reading the Sancho news, I was hoping he’d get rested for a few games after the break.
Poor match? Bar Dalot he was probably our best player today...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Apparently there’s something you can read somewhere that says Antony regularly beats his man. In spite of what you and I watch every week, apparently he has a high number of ‘take ons’ and ‘progressive carries’.

He’s becoming one of the worst wingers I’ve seen at this level. There’s no PL full back that I can think pf, no matter how terribly they are playing, that I can say ‘great time to play them, Antony is going to destroy him today’. I don’t think his lack of top speed is as much of an issue as his lack of power. You don’t even need to be really rapid. Grealish isn’t, and goes past full backs for fun. Antony is not fast and also built like a schoolgirl so he can’t get away from anyone. He’s also technically deficient and struggles to pass and shoot well with any consistency.

Whatever the cost, we have to cut our losses next summer if this continues.

Superunknown

They did an interesting piece on Match of the Day about Antony. Said he was quite frustrated in the sense that there were occasions where he was open but we were too slow in getting the ball to him, or not getting it to him at all. Said that he started to become demotivated in the second half as they weren't finding him. Not particularly linking up that well with AWB on the right.

cpresc

I don’t understand all the Antony hate. He shows up.

I honestly think there’s an element of racism in all his hate - because he’s Brazilian, people think he’s a poor man’s Neymar or something, but I think he’s far more a new Ji Sung Park

He works hard, he got bite and he’s courageous. I like him

Devil You Know

Good touch. Good workrate. Had a few nice looking spins off the ball. Everything else you'd want from a wideforward was a bit rubbish. Not good enough for a top 4 club, let alone a side with aspirations to challenge for the big trophies.

Superunknown

I honestly think there’s an element of racism in all his hate - because he’s Brazilian, people think he’s a poor man’s Neymar or something, but I think he’s far more a new Ji Sung Park

I don't think it's racism. I think it's more of a coming to terms of what type of player he is. What his strengths are and his weaknesses. He is frustratingly limited. He works hard and definitely has some tenacity. But, he's an odd player in the sense that he's a winger who is better defensively than he is offensively. It's compounded more by how he's playing in a front 3 or at least as the most advanced player on that right hand side.

I think most fans were expecting a more mobile, forward-thinking, drive into the box and get a shot off kind of player. He isn't particularly great at taking players on and is quite easy to defend against. From my personal viewpoint, I wanted a Garnacho and we've got someone closer to a Valencia.

Doracle

Poor match? Bar Dalot he was probably our best player today...
59% passing accuracy, no key passes, constantly giving the ball away in promising positions. I don’t recall him beating his man once or, frankly, doing anything good in an attacking sense. Can you post a clip of something creative he did for us today?

Eddy_JukeZ

The biggest black mark of ETH's reign thus far.

I don't understand how he pushed so heavily for Antony.

fallengt

Thought he did well, but hes never the type of player who can win game like these.
Waste of money? Yea but not like this club is known for its smart business so not sure whose fault is it

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Thought he did well, but hes never the type of player who can win game like these.
Waste of money? Yea but not like this club is known for its smart business so not sure whose fault is it
I agree with this. Antony doesn't consistently do enough in attack, and doesn't score enough goals to be our starting forward, or to justify his stupid-level transfer fee.

That said, to be fair, people do not give him enough credit for enormous amount of defensive work he does for us. He makes mistakes defensively sometimes, couple of those have been costly, but he never gets tired helping out defensively and never shies away from it.

In Rainbows

Park didn't play as much as Antony, and his production is actually above what Antony has given us. In his time in the PL, only 1 season was clearly inferior to Antony's attacking production in the PL.

Cassidy

The biggest black mark of ETH's reign thus far.

I don't understand how he pushed so heavily for Antony.
Antony did have a good season at Ajax before he joined. Including being third top assister in the UCL I believe

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Such an odd player. His ball control and retention are absolutely super but he just self combusts in the final third.

Cassidy

Such an odd player. His ball control and retention are absolutely super but he just self combusts in the final third.
Price tag is a huge pressure. I think his issue though is more than he lacks the physicality to deal with fullbacks.

He tends to make good passes in the final third

city-puma

Can we just forget his price tag? It’s overpriced definitely. But he has been really good this season.