2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

yamo123x

i heard pundits praising Anthony's work rate and defensive work the weekend, i heard a few times ETH praising him, quoting these fantastic qualities...i hear that but..

Am i missing something here? Is he not part of a forward 3 who's job is to create and score goals...?
If we want a defensive winger why not play Dalot in front of AWB?

I cannot defend Anthony and what he is giving to the team, zero assists, zero goals this season. Working hard defensively is just not enough for a man utd forward, no wonder our goal difference is minus. Can he come good? Well its his 2nd season now and for 80million i like many am being left very disappointed by his output and lack of influence on games.

Zed is not dead

That’s what I think too, he could be good if utilised where he is not expected to cross the ball. He’s got decent passing, a huge work rate, good presser and good at retaining the ball. Some sort of central midfield role would be interesting
I actually think he’d make an excellent left back

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I actually think he’d make an excellent left back
He has poor temperament, he’s weak, loses the ball frequently, he can’t cross the ball and whilst he tracks back there’s zero to go on in his positional awareness. Seems more like a hopeful statement than anything.

Our 85m winger has not shown enough and is a failure of a signing, I think we should just accept it.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Elanga has three goals and three assists in the PL this season against the likes of Arsenal, Brighton, West Ham and Chelsea and is always a direct threat. He's a better player than Antony in all honesty. Antony is yet to convince me he belongs at this level
Turns out the caf haters were wrong yet again.

EI Beatle

Crazy to think Kudus went from Ajax just a year later for just £40m, i know who i'd want as my RW on Saturday,

redshaw

If we were a productive team, even scoring just 65-75 goals and he was the only one letting the side down I could understand.

We had 58 last year and are on course for around 45 this year, the team is so broken it's amazing we're up there with the top 6 with so few goals. We have a non functioning attack, not just Antony and is probably linked to our midfield. With Rashford not in hero mode we're fecked as was noticed by a few here last season, if Rashford isn't scoring what is happening. We have spent hundreds of millions on attacking players and nothing has worked.

Elanga was the same here, just running around. Looked good when Rashford was doing his stationary sulk performances in the Ole/Rangnick season. Antony isolated, just running up and down working hard.

Weghorst as bad as he is was scoring in Germany and Turkey, he should be able to score a couple here at least but just like Hojlund has no league goals. Our team is so bad creatively most of time. We had a 12-18 month spell when Bruno came in and made it work. Just think back to our death state before Bruno, we spent much of that half of the season in the bottom half of the league. We're back to the barebones of that team now Bruno is spent and no Casemiro.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Wrong about what? Glad Elanga is doing well but neither he nor Antony are the required quality for United.
Both Antony and fecking Weghorst were dead starters while Ten Hag refused to even rotate Elanga. Hevwas never good enough, but neither were those two, if anything they are probably even worse.

Sylar

That chance where I think onana set him free in the second half summed him. If he had a right foot he gets into a one on one where he can cut across, but instead his left footedness means he allows defenders back

I appreciate his hard work especially seeing some of the lazy sods we have, but that should be bare minimum for all players. Honestly don't think he's good enough at all. Would love to be completely wrong but I still don't see it

Winrar

feck it. just convert him to LB and see how he does whenever Shaw gets injured. The money's gone anyways.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I don't understand why he doesn't do something as simple as cutting in a second time and going down the line. At this point it's the thing the defender will least suspect.

Just fecking try it.

TempusFugit

Just sell. Will never be good enough, the ability isn't there. We have one of the most impotent forward lines in the PL and he's a big reason why. At least our other forwards have some danger and goal threat about them. Antony manages to make the most dangerous counters look useless. How many times did he do that against Liverpool? Situations where any other decent RW would've probably created another chance or two. Whoever told Ten Hag we could spend £85m on him should be named and shamed. If it were up to me I'd conduct a thorough internal review, that's how bad this signing is. Utterly devoid of any offensive quality.

Irwin99

If we were a productive team, even scoring just 65-75 goals and he was the only one letting the side down I could understand.

We had 58 last year and are on course for around 45 this year, the team is so broken it's amazing we're up there with the top 6 with so few goals. We have a non functioning attack, not just Antony and is probably linked to our midfield. With Rashford not in hero mode we're fecked as was noticed by a few here last season, if Rashford isn't scoring what is happening. We have spent hundreds of millions on attacking players and nothing has worked.
57 the season before that too. It's amazing our attack has been so terrible for a club built on traditions of attacking football. I think we've reached over 70 goals just once since SAF left and that was thanks to a 9-0 massacre against a nine man Southampton team.

At the moment Garnacho and Antony are starting purely for their hard work which is something at least. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rashford back in the mix eventually because we're desperate for goals (as bad as he's been this year he's actually the only forward that's shown he can do it).

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Played relatively well today, shouldn’t have come off.

Doracle

Good god. What were people watching? Standards are through the floor if anyone thinks that’s a good performance.

Old Ma Crow

No attacking threat, can’t hold on to the ball, falls over a lot, all over the pitch. Useless.

mavradal

No attacking threat, can’t hold on to the ball, falls over a lot, all over the pitch. Useless.
Clearly the words of someone who hasn't watched the match today. Antony was great compared to pretty much everyone else in the team.

thewhippet

So painfully one-footed, i've never seen him cross with his right foot and that's surely a problem for a professional footballer?

RedIan

He offers no threat. Garnacho is a constant threat on the left but Anthony is no threat on the right wing.. He cant beat a man, puts no crosses in. Works hard but thats about it. Id prefer Pellistri in every time.

Dannn411

I would sell him in January for £10m and I would be happy with that. Yet we somehow paid nearly £90m.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He would make a better wing back to be honest. Our best attack came through hum . Shows our current standard.

manutddjw

Seeing the praise he’s got the last few games shows how our standards have dropped. This would’ve been a bad game for Giggs yet some are saying it’s a motm performance.

lsd

The Oracle
He would make a better wing back to be honest. Our best attack came through hum . Shows our current standard.

No he wouldn't he doesn't have the pace to be halfway decent at anything in the premiership.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Well, he would have needed a right foot to score that, so no chance.
Well that's just it isn't it... Kudus, a right footed left winger actually managed to turn into his right and score a goal. Something we could never ever hope to see from Antony.

lsd

The Oracle
The sooner he leaves the better it is for everyone

How on earth is he leaving? The only way we are getting rid of him before the end of his contract are if we pay someone and him to go or he ends up in prison so we can sack him

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He created our biggest chances today, not sure how he's getting stick. He even put an absolutely perfect ball in with his right.

crossy1686

career ending
How on earth is he leaving? The only way we are getting rid of him before the end of his contract are if we pay someone and him to go or he ends up in prison so we can sack him
Loan? I don’t know, but the sooner he’s gone the better it will be for everyone.

lsd

The Oracle
MotM performance for me, provided 2 clear scoring chances and provided good defensive work as always.

:lol:

Right that's it for me I'm off until Christmas is over this is officially a madhouse

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He's the more expensive Van De Beek. Well done to whoever signed off on him. The fact that ETH bought him seriously makes me question his judgement. A lot of his decisions I question, mind. This is just one of it.