View full 2023-24 profile

4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Skills

Snitch
I don’t dislike Antony at all but I find it strange how commentators so often say “his talent is obvious, the question is whether he can make the right decisions / show it consistently”. He doesn’t seem like a particularly talented player to me. They often say that about tricky players but it’s not like his “tricks” are particularly technical. He’s pretty good at pressing, he’s fairly selfless in possession play, he’s got a pretty good first touch, he protects the ball quite well. I don’t see any hidden talent that we’re just waiting to burst into the scene when everything clicks.
Exactly. And it's not as if we haven't seen talented attackers at this club before.

Martial, MG, Rashford were miles more talented - whether that's athletically or technically than Antony's ever shown.

OldTrevil

One of his worst performances. There was an instance where he lost the ball twice in the space of a minute trying to force passes and under hitting them. This is his season to prove himself at United and he's started terribly.

NK86

I don’t dislike Antony at all but I find it strange how commentators so often say “his talent is obvious, the question is whether he can make the right decisions / show it consistently”. He doesn’t seem like a particularly talented player to me. They often say that about tricky players but it’s not like his “tricks” are particularly technical. He’s pretty good at pressing, he’s fairly selfless in possession play, he’s got a pretty good first touch, he protects the ball quite well. I don’t see any hidden talent that we’re just waiting to burst into the scene when everything clicks.
Basically this. This "it's just a matter of time before his undeniable talent comes forth" is valid for Garnacho as it's clear as day he is extremely talented. With Antony there's nothing of that sort which is visible. He's painfully average.

SAFMUTD

Started well in the first 30 minutes and just faded away. He looks nothing like a top player we fecked this one up. I don't think he'll improve he has really clear deficiencies that I don't think can be improved enough to actually become a top player.

Baneofthegame

I normally try not to get on players, but he needs to provide more or we will be lucky to get 30 million back from him.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
One of his worst performances. There was an instance where he lost the ball twice in the space of a minute trying to force passes and under hitting them. This is his season to prove himself at United and he's started terribly.
I burst out laughing at that.

Roboc7

It’s only two games so far this season but it’s just hard to see him being anything other than a huge flop.

Hulme91

A Saudi team could be duped into signing him for a significant fee (25-35 million) if the clubs acts decisively right now before the transfer window closes

Skills

Snitch
I normally try not to get on players, but he needs to provide more or we will be lucky to get 30 million back from him.
We won't get £30m for him. Put him on the shop window and I don't know which club would be stupid enough to offer £30m for him.

Harvey Barnes is English, homegrown and scored 13 PL goals last summer and went for £38m. And don't forget the United salary we're paying an £80m player.

mu4c_20le

Usually he's better at retaining possession but he was shatting himself today under pressure

Skills

Snitch
A Saudi team could be duped into signing him for a significant fee (25-35 million) if the clubs acts decisively right now before the transfer window closes
We're in huge FFP trouble if we sell him for less than £66m this summer. We're already at the limit and selling him for £30m would be £36m loss we have to take this year.

Adamsk7

He’s awful. I wanted to give him a chance but he just does very easy things very wrong. It actually makes me wonder how he got this far.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I know he’s a trendy space goat, and I’m reluctant to join the pile on but he was fecking dreadful today. He wasn’t the only one but he offered nothing. You have to wonder where his head is at currently.

podurban2

Needed to come out bursting this season, hasn’t happened. Losing any faith I had.

Skills

Snitch
He’s awful. I wanted to give him a chance but he just does very easy things very wrong. It actually makes me wonder how he got this far.
Eridivisie and Manchester United's managerial kool-aid.

C'est Moi Cantona

I know he’s a trendy space goat, and I’m reluctant to join the pile on but he was fecking dreadful today. He wasn’t the only one but he offered nothing. You have to wonder where his head is at currently.
He has played like this several times before.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Wholly agree.

I don't think there's any way he becomes our RW of the future. The potential to be it just isn't there

Kostov

How can you coach that for a prolonged period of time, then proceed to pay 100m to have it again? I mean what the absolute feck?

mu4c_20le

He's young and has some entertaining tricks, moving him shouldn't be a problem. But, like Conte once said. Not gonna happen.

L1nk

How does Pellistri lack for any game time when this guy clearly offers absolutely nothing

Unam333

Quite possibly his head is at his ex girlfriend's accusations and her formal complaint.

I really think he needs time off, away from the team, like Sancho last season. Refocus, because his life must be stressful right now.

maurinho

Supports
FC Porto
Adama Traore would have been more of a threat.

Antony duped me at first, but it’s time to cut losses

AFC NimbleThumb

I’ve seen all I need to see. He’s not going to be good enough as first choice RW long term. For all the knocking Sancho has had, he’s never had a run in the team that Antony has been given & right now I’d rather try him there.

Superunknown

He'll accumulate more yellows than goals this season.

I don't find him very likeable. If he was playing for Arsenal or somewhere else, we'd all be laughing at how they've wasted money on him. But the joke is on us. He's our more useful Nicholas Pepe, but that is a very, very low bar.

OldTrevil

Usually he's better at retaining possession but he was shatting himself today under pressure
It was shocking how careless he was in possession. The entire attack was crap today though, no one could propoerly pass or finish when the chances came. One would hope they will look at that performance and be ashamed of themselves, and pick up for the rest of the season.

Stig

I've tried really hard to like him.

I appreciate his willingness to defend.

But I've now concluded that he is not very good.

I can't understand how ETH who knew him and his limitations so well decided to buy him.

Trex

Thing with Antony is I accepted his limitations a while back, I see him as a hardworking winger who will balance out an attack with Rashford and hopefully Hojlund starring.
We already pay the fee and we're not getting it back. He's not really a "big talent" that can decide games, that much is obvious. It's not really that he's inconsistent no his level is just not up there.

BerryBerryShrew

Where are the posters still trying to convince themselves he’s any good?

80 million. Deary me.
No bro. You don't see it bro. He's a "ball carrier" bro. You know, the way he sometimes gets the ball out on the right touchline, and he very slowly inches forward by rolling his studs over the top of the ball? And the opposing defender doesn't try to tackle him because they know that giving us a throw in would be more dangerous than anything that Antony can do? So he gets into an advanced area, and then turns and passes it back to the halfway line? Are you not seeing that?

You're probably one of those plebs who is impressed by the RW's of our rivals. Sure, Salah, Bernardo, Saka, and even Solly feckin March provide goals, assists, creativity, successful take on's and general threat, but how's their "ball carrying"? You need to be a real sophisticated football fan to appreciate that.

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
Said it in the match thread, he's the best defender against United counter attacks. The most predictable player I've ever seen. Robben without the pace, dribbling , shooting or vision.