2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

El Jefe

His defenders have nowhere to hide now. Anyone with even a semblance of objectivity can see that this guy is hopelessly shite.

It's been so obvious that he's been a poor signing, I caught on after a month but had to listen to bollocks in here about how he offers balance and we're better with him.

He's going down as a worse buy than Maguire for me. Harry at least had the tag of PL proven + English tax. We were taken to the cleaners for a slightly less talented Andros Townsend from the Dutch league.

A dreadful dreadful player.

James35

Hopefully not the sword EtH falls on, massive money and massively underwhelming.

Look forward to him being here for another 4 years because we won’t be able to sell him.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Said it in the match thread, he's the best defender against United counter attacks. The most predictable player I've ever seen. Robben without the pace, dribbling , shooting or vision.
Better hairline though

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Why this guy plays every match i will never understand. He has been poor since before the world cup.

Woodywizz

I can honestly say that my Nan would be more threatening as a winger than him. And she died over 20 years ago.

Skills

Snitch
Why this guy plays every match i will never understand. He has been poor since before the world cup.
That but is quite easy to understand tbf. He's the managers marquee signing. See Maguire and Solskjaer.

I still dont mind him. Any winger needs something to aim for, either to direct their runs or play a pass. With Rashford as a 9 we never have that. Our wingers are expected to do everything on their own and that makes them predictable, they will always drive towards the box and try to take you on. Against tired legs Garnacho is good enough to do that but that's all.

If he's still not producing after Hojlund has settled in then questions need to be asked, but at the moment our creative players have nobody to create for.

el3mel

We should sell him next summer, instead of wasting time with him until his value drops and we end up being stuck with him. He'll never be good enough for a team aiming to achieve anything meaningful.

mancan92

I'm sorry but as a winger you have to actually show some sort of ability to beat a man. How many 1v1s did he have? Yet all of them he got absolutely eaten alive.

Jev

Wonder whether he'll be ETH's undoing. It's one thing to waste 80 million on a player, it's another to keep starting him when everyone can see he's not good enough. Plus, the directors should rightly be cautious to let ETH dictate signings in the future.

Frank White

I still dont mind him. Any winger needs something to aim for, either to direct their runs or play a pass. With Rashford as a 9 we never have that. Our wingers are expected to do everything on their own and that makes them predictable, they will always drive towards the box and try to take you on. Against tired legs Garnacho is good enough to do that but that's all.

If he's still not producing after Hojlund has settled in then questions need to be asked, but at the moment our creative players have nobody to create for.
Amazing the excuses we afford to players we like. He could have Kim K arse to aim for and he'd still miss by 40 feet, has nothing to do with a target to aim for he's stupidly greedy for a player who is just not it.

FerociousCorgis

That's about where I'm at too.

RedStarUnited

You cant be serious with that bit. The guy cant beat a player what are you on about?

also I have never heard a player get defended for not having anyone to create for.

Skills

Snitch
I have been totally convinced now that Ajax have rinsed us more than Juve did for Pogba
That's insulting to Pogba. He was the best player at the club and our sole source of creativity till Bruno Fernandes turned up.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Legal proceedings will hopefully do us a favour. Take him out the team.

Thiagoal

Very, very poor, but still our biggest threat today!! Says it all really

The Dane

Quite possibly his head is at his ex girlfriend's accusations and her formal complaint.

I really think he needs time off, away from the team, like Sancho last season. Refocus, because his life must be stressful right now.
Why don’t we start buying players who are mature and with half a brain, not only on the pitch but also outside. Antony doesn’t strike as someone who would pass that test and as he is also not really talented I fail to see the long term perspective.

PoTMS

I would've been disappointed paying €25m on him, let alone €100m. How our scouts signed off on him is beyond me.

Dominos

That was genuinely one of the worst performances you're likely to see.

The one kind thing you can say about him usually is his ball retention is decent for an attacker. Tonight he lost the ball every time he touched it.

And as for his attacking contribution, zilch as per usual.

Unam333

Truth is he was awful today, but he wasn't the only one. I refuse to kneejerk after a bad game.

Why don’t we start buying players who are mature and with half a brain, not only on the pitch but also outside. Antony doesn’t strike as someone who would pass that test and as he is also not really talented I fail to see the long term perspective.
I actually agree, but a lot of talented footballers are absolute nutcases. United have really been unlucky with certain individuals...

Lewnited

That's insulting to Pogba. He was the best player at the club and our sole source of creativity till Bruno Fernandes turned up.
Yup. Both output and talent Pogba was a steal compared to this guy. Defensive work rate aside, I'm not sure he offers us any more than Amad or Pellistri.

Phil

I had so much hope after that debut against Arsenal.

Unfortunately he can’t pass, can’t score, can’t dribble, can’t cross. I just can’t identify a strength in his game. Ball control?

Jev

I had so much hope after that debut against Arsenal.

Unfortunately he can’t pass, can’t score, can’t dribble, can’t cross. I just can’t identify a strength in his game. Ball control?
Spectacularly good at holding the width, apparently, which I'm pretty sure means standing still on the touchline while not providing any movement.

saik

I would've been disappointed paying €25m on him, let alone €100m. How our scouts signed off on him is beyond me.
Nothing to do with our scouts. This one is Ten Hag's signing. He pushed for Antony.

kirk buttercup

Will hold my hand up I was giving him the benefit of the doubt and really hoped he would settle in and excel. He has been terrible . Most one footed player I have ever seen which would be OK if he did something worthwhile but he is brain dead . I thought we were getting a tricky smart player who would open up defences. Hand up I was wrong , so very wrong .

Jev

Amazing the excuses we afford to players we like. He could have Kim K arse to aim for and he'd still miss by 40 feet, has nothing to do with a target to aim for he's stupidly greedy for a player who is just not it.
Does anyone like him? I think one of his problems is that aside from being nowhere near good enough, he also seems like a thoroughly unpleasant bloke. No saving grace whatsoever.

Kopral Jono

I still don't get it, man. What even is he? Most times he performs as a wide forward who gives off the impression of being rapid (but is actually severely lacking in pace). Other times he would be playing the role of a playmaker who likes to drift wide yet he's not particularly creative, either. He has good technique with the ball on his feet but little else. Such a confusing footballer.

Particularly woeful today but generally his decision making is bad to terrible. Also very predictable.

Not to say he's completely useless as a player, but another bad signing imo especially given the fee.

Oranges038

I thought getting a new right back would open up the right for him and give his play a new dimension. That hasn't happened and it's the same old shite, there's just no dynamism in his play at all.

His passing and one touch play is shocking, and for an aggressive player he seems quite week. Everytime the ball comes to him he tries the same stupid control and flick. Need to stop playing the ball into his feet with his back to the defenders, he's not strong enough on the turn.He also lacks brains and his decision making is terrible.

gaffs

The Spurs left back, Udogie, had Antony in his pocket. Antony couldn't get past him.

Dutch league was his level. He is not good enough for the Prem with him being so one footed.