Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Was a good performance for him, his crosses are really bad but played well. He is able to find really good passes in crowded areas.

His effort took a wondersave from Turner and he actually used his right in this match. Needs to step it up even more vs Arsenal.

Eugenius

It’s not his fault Bruno missed an easy change created whereas Eriksen finished a harder chance from a Rashford cross. Antony was very good today. I don’t know why people can’t admit it.
That was probably his only impactful moment of the game. A very good chance created but wasteful outside of that both in end product and general play. I'm not sure how you can look at Rashford and think it's just luck that he got two assists today. If Antony could beat his man on the outside for pace too, I'd wouldn't be slating him.

Swiss_Red89

Saying he missed end product today is wrong, yes.
Oke we agree to disagree.
But as I said, promising performance and I hope the goal contributions will follow soon. Because that's what he will be measured by as a Winger.

RedIan

Improved performance, lively. if he could play with 2 feet he would be some player, his one footed makes him only half a player.

El Jefe

I think he's unbelievably shite but after a poor first 30mins that was probably his best game for us. He actually looked like a player with redeeming offensive qualities.

That said it was Forest at home. He'll be back serving us rubbish against better teams.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He was pretty good today, but ultimately, perceptions of the player will always be driven by how much the club paid for him, and what that level of investment demands in terms of consistently high performance. Same with Sancho.

SAFMUTD

He created an easy chance for Bruno, how is it his fault that he misses?

Some very good passes into the box, not necessary chances created but they could lead on to danger.
It's obviously an exaggeration. He doesn't miss 100% of his shots and crosses. But he's really wasteful. Most of the chances he takes end in nobody's land.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Brilliant game . All the haters come and apologize please or accept he had a good game.

When you are too quick to blame someone as flop, put half of the effort to appreciate as well.

Tony247

Very average performance. Notts were there for taking for a very long period. Couldn't cut through them, lacks pace, bad passing, bad shooting. Just couple of good moments don't compensate.

Dominos

Our fans have really low standards for what is considered a good performance. Good piece of play to create the chance for Bruno. Other than that, a lot of wastefulness, poor crosses and poor shooting.

Seen him getting credit because he "almost scored" against Spurs, "almost scored" against Forest... How about we have some attacking players who actually score, instead of occasionally looking like they might without ever actually finding the net.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Mostly mixed performance, but a very good save from Turner was all that stopped him scoring.

Eugenius

Who's telling lies here
To be honest both are right. The main issue is that "he looks dangerous" is true, it's just that he is not actually dangerous. Him almost curling the ball into the far corner looks dangerous, but when that's literally the only shot he takes it's obvious and the keeper already anticipates it.

mu4c_20le

He is weird. He looks like he is fast but he is not and that right foot!
That moment when we won the ball back and passed it to him but he couldn't chase it, probably annoyed me a lot more than it should've. It's like he doesn't trust his own pace and therefore doesn't even bother to sprint for the ball.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
To be honest both are right. The main issue is that "he looks dangerous" is true, it's just that he is not actually dangerous. Him almost curling the ball into the far corner looks dangerous, but when that's literally the only shot he takes it's obvious and the keeper already anticipates it.
I mean it’s not the only shot he takes, is it? He’s hit the opposite post before.

Good game from him today. Our most consistent attacking threat. So much less wasteful on the ball than the rest of our front three.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I think he's unbelievably shite but after a poor first 30mins that was probably his best game for us. He actually looked like a player with redeeming offensive qualities.

That said it was Forest at home. He'll be back serving us rubbish against better teams.
Pretty much my exact read of it too. He was up against piss poor opposition and had endless opportunities and was terrible the entire first half. Actually did some nice things in the second half and shocker, we looked much more dangerous.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Posted this elsewhere but worth putting here.

Forest’s differing approach to how they dealt with Antony on one side and Rashford on the other should be analysed post-match because more and more teams will bias their defence in this way, whilst Shaw is out. Antony was given acres of room because he predictably wouldn’t do anything bar the usual cut inside, whereas they doubled and tripled up on Rashford to stop him getting anywhere, whilst we had no overlap to release the ball into.

Just imagine Nani getting the room Antony was getting today and him being capable of attacking wide or inside. The point is, of course, that no side would ever allow Nani that and I think is an admission that United’s right flank isn’t what you have to worry about. Stop Antony shooting and there’s nothing to worry about. He’s genuinely dire creatively. 3.65 expected assists in over 2000 PL minutes for United now.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That was probably his only impactful moment of the game. A very good chance created but wasteful outside of that both in end product and general play. I'm not sure how you can look at Rashford and think it's just luck that he got two assists today. If Antony could beat his man on the outside for pace too, I'd wouldn't be slating him.
He literally beat his man on the outside to create that chance for Bruno mentioned in the post you’re responding to? I’m starting to think you don’t actually watch our matches.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Think he played pretty well today. Looking forward to see how he develops this season.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I mean it’s not the only shot he takes, is it? He’s hit the opposite post before.

Good game from him today. Our most consistent attacking threat. So much less wasteful on the ball than the rest of our front three.
I hate this term “most consistent threat”. What does that even mean? He got endless space and opportunities and until the 60th minute Bruno chance he didn’t do anything. Rashford was terrible today but even through all that won a penalty and had an excellent assist. It’s obvious teams don’t respect Antony as they just overload Rashford on the left and dare Antony to just do his cut inside routine on the right.

Give any decent attacker in the top 6 the space and attempts Antony got today and they are producing more.But hey we’ll say “maybe he can kick on from here!” Until he serves up more garbage next week at the Emirates.

DarkXaero

He was solid today but I can see that many fans have a difficult time giving him credit. Encouraging thing was seeing him go on the outside to create a good chance for Bruno, which should've been a goal.

IrishRedDevil

Frustrates the life out of me.
I’m not sure why, it’s irrational, I think it’s because I knows he’s talented but he doesn’t knit it together when we need him.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
I thought he was our best attacking player during the game. Not that the bar is set very high with the current level of performances.

Church o Choccy

Very good game today, I thought. I get as frustrated as most of us with him but today was excellent. The main three things Antony gets criticised for (and rightly so, IMO) are:
  • One footedness/refusal to go outside on the right
  • Decision making with the final ball
  • Hesitancy that slows down transitional plays
One each of these three he showed demonstrable improvement today. If he can deliver that consistently, which has been his problem, then he's going to have a good season, I think.

RuudTom83

Just imagine Nani getting the room Antony was getting today and him being capable of attacking wide or inside. The point is, of course, that no side would ever allow Nani that and I think is an admission that United’s right flank isn’t what you have to worry about.
Even Valencia would be killing it with AWB...the wide players off today are praised far to much generally.

Saying that, today was one of Antony's better games, but that's more because the standards/expectations are so low haha.

Trex

Some slick passes today to find teammates in good position, its those passes he usually previously doesn't get right. It will make him more of a threat and add assists to his game.

Abraxas

Thought it was pretty good by Antony standards.

By the standards of an effective attacker for a top side, it was just okay.

Idxomer

Good performance without a lot of brainfarts.

He also had a good understanding with AWB. It was obvious too because Dalot and Rashford had nothing going between them on the left.

tob

Should play on the left more often.
If the fullbacks are going more central, leaving the wingers in 1-v-1 situations, then I’d rather have the wingers more comfortable going outside than inside were it’s too compact.