2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

saik

After that pathetic showing vs Tottenham, he was decent today. Still, lot of awful crosses to no one and as everyone and their mom knows, he has only one type of shot. Let's hope he builds on todays performance and adds more variety and goal/assists to his game.

Chief123

will he ever score these shots from the edge of the box? They look perfect, but never go in…
That would have been a brilliant goal today if it wasn’t for a stunning save from the keeper.

He got the ball out of his feet and got his shot off quickly with decent power and curl. Looked like it was going in all the way.

Matt851

He was decent today but people overrating his performance just because it was better than the usual dross he serves up

Chief123

What’s interesting is his 2 best performances for Utd have been against Forest. Away last season and today.

the_cliff

I think Antony will look better when he have a proper CF (Hojlund) playing.

He seems to always have his better performances when Martial is up front, or he has someone he can play of up front.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
What’s interesting is his 2 best performances for Utd have been against Forest. Away last season and today.
forest are a championship level team and antony is playing like a championship level player

makes sense

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
forest are a championship level team and antony is playing like a championship level player

makes sense
He really isn't, but then I guess most people deem assists and goals to be the only metric to base opinions on.

KrasHammerhand

He was very good today, incorporating his right foot. Robbed by the keeper in the second half and should have had an assist on the Bruno effort in the 59’.

This by far was his best performance. People need to acknowledge it

Reactions: Fortitude

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
That would have been a brilliant goal today if it wasn’t for a stunning save from the keeper.

He got the ball out of his feet and got his shot off quickly with decent power and curl. Looked like it was going in all the way.
It was too close to the keeper but at least it was on target, I guess.

Red-17

He has already gone down the line and made right foot crosses more times this season than I can remember all of last year, and unsurprisingly, he has actually created some decent chances from those situations. All he needs to do is offer a threat there and do it 2-3 times per game to keep the defender honest. If he can start varying up his shooting to include a few low near post shots and more reverse balls to put our players in behind he will be in business.

Lj82

It is unfortunate that people can't see what he contributes to the team. Always ready as an outlet for the team to counter or relief pressure for the defence. He would look much more dangerous if AWB overlaps him more. (AwB played well yesterday, but I don't think the pair complements each other)

Robaldo

If today is one of his best performances then we're setting the bar very low... He should have had an assist (due to the Bruno miss) but the shot was made to look better because Turner was out of position.

He wasn't bad today but regardless of the price, if he is to be a good option for us then this has to be his lowest level rather than his highest...

Stig

Our fans have really low standards for what is considered a good performance. Good piece of play to create the chance for Bruno. Other than that, a lot of wastefulness, poor crosses and poor shooting.

Seen him getting credit because he "almost scored" against Spurs, "almost scored" against Forest... How about we have some attacking players who actually score, instead of occasionally looking like they might without ever actually finding the net.
Good post.

I'm as happy as anyone that we won, and didn't collapse to a 0-6 defeat as we could have done.

There is no much positivity on the Match Day thread and despite the comeback I didn't see much that would give me long term hope or expectations.

Stig

Much improved than the first two games. He still needs to work on his crossing and the final ball. His shooting has to improve too. But you can’t fault his workrate.
You're trying to be positive, but what you actually said was , he runs a lot. Which in fact is a good summary.

FlapR

He's awful at crossing as we saw in the first half today, but he's good at playing the ball on the floor and drawing yellow cards. I think it's better to keep playing him to build up confidence. It might click eventually.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Better, but still generally rubbish.
Except he wasn’t generally rubbish. He played a lot of good passes inside that created openings that lead to or should have led to chances. He created problems for his fullbacks with his persistence at taking them on. Created one of our best chances for Bruno. Nearly scored. It was a very good display.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's awful at crossing as we saw in the first half today, but he's good at playing the ball on the floor and drawing yellow cards. I think it's better to keep playing him to build up confidence. It might click eventually.
I’d like to see Sancho also given chances. He’s been good since preseason and while Antony had a good showing yesterday, he was shocking in the previous game.

tenhagsimp

He has already gone down the line and made right foot crosses more times this season than I can remember all of last year, and unsurprisingly, he has actually created some decent chances from those situations. All he needs to do is offer a threat there and do it 2-3 times per game to keep the defender honest. If he can start varying up his shooting to include a few low near post shots and more reverse balls to put our players in behind he will be in business.
This. Honestly most here just mad Antony isnt the fast bursting with pace type of winger. His worst performances were never as worse as our other attackers. He also brings balance and tidiness to our squad with his ball retention

fps

He has the potential to be an absolute pest. In SAF’s day he’d work on building him up to walk 10 ft tall and making it clear to him that he’s the first choice right wing for Man Utd and no-one else is gonna do it if not him. He could be a good player.

Matt851

This. Honestly most here just mad Antony isnt the fast bursting with pace type of winger. His worst performances were never as worse as our other attackers. He also brings balance and tidiness to our squad with his ball retention
Nonsense, most on here are upset because he plays every game and he is regularly one of the worst players on the pitch. He can't cross, rarely beats a man and his passing his erratic. His finishing is also poor other than the very occasional curler that goes in. He is entirely predictable with his cutting in so it's easy to defend against but yeah his balance and tidiness is amazing.

The low standards some people on here have amaze me, his performance yesterday was his only competent performance this season, the other two were terrible. He is amongst the worst players in his position starting for any club in the league

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I think Antony will look better when he have a proper CF (Hojlund) playing.

He seems to always have his better performances when Martial is up front, or he has someone he can play of up front.
This is my hope too. A forward that's willing to run in behind and run the channels can only be a good thing for whoever is playing out wide.

mikeyt

I've always wanted the club to sign young wingers who look a bit special in their teams and then root for them so much to make it here. We paid massive money for Antony and Sancho and both have been incredibly disappointing in their time here. Antony has had a season to bed in and get used to things and he's still woefully short of the quality we need on the right wing. He has to learn to move the ball quicker and learn to use his right foot. ETH needs to start dropping him or at least rotating him as right now he can play crap and still get a game each week.

Carl

He's the new Nani. Moments of real quality, and moments of real infuriating decision making.

UpWithRivers

Rashford had a bad game and got 2 assists. Antony apparently had a good game because he almost assisted Bruno. Go figure. For me I'd rather he did fk all all game then score or assist. Sure the icing on the cake is to work hard etc but let's have the cake first. He needs to be a 10 goal/5 assists winger minimum. Let's see if he can start producing.

crossy1686

career ending
He was 'better' yesterday but he couldn't have gotten worse after the his first two games. His crossing is piss poor and he really needs to start putting away those chances.

Although there was a moment yesterday where he cut inside, then went back on the outside and crossed with his right foot. All the Forest defenders stood around and looked at each other like "Is he allowed to do that?", they were so used to shutting him down on the inside.

JeffFromHK

people usually critcising his weak foot, but he is very bad at crossing with his strong foot albeit he is a winger isn't he?

Carl

Nani was miles better
Eventually. He always had that extremely inconsistent/frustrating streak (excluding maybe an 18 month period). Particularly in his first few years at the club.

Matt851

Eventually. He always had that extremely inconsistent/frustrating streak (excluding maybe an 18 month period). Particularly in his first few years at the club.
True, even during his frustrating times he could go past players for fun but his end product was erratic. With Antony the end product is erratic and he can't go past players

OrcaFat

Yeah, good post. I’ve always liked the work he does but it’s obvious he needs to improve and expand his game. And it is slowly happening. Good to see.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
True, even during his frustrating times he could go past players for fun but his end product was erratic. With Antony the end product is erratic and he can't go past players
Nonsense.

I don’t know why so many people create fictional criticisms of footballers they don’t like? There’s usually plenty of reasons to criticise that are actually real. Why not stick to them?

Matt851

Nonsense.

I don’t know why so many people create fictional criticisms of footballers they don’t like? There’s usually plenty of reasons to criticise that are actually real. Why not stick to them?
He might have gone past players before buts it's a rarity

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I don’t like the pile on with this guy where people refuse to give him any credit whatsoever. He had an encouraging game today with facets you can look at and hope he builds upon. It is abundantly clear that his game is infinitely better when his full back interacts and chains passes and plays with him. AWB is getting his feet wet in this aspect and trying his best despite being nothing like an overlapping fullback is, but still, with AWB doing the right things, Antony grows into the game and starts to make more cute and intricate movements exploiting the distraction his FB has created. There were a few very good interactions between them that were threatening and very hard for Forest to keep up with. You can’t get that stuff from Antony by himself, but the more he gets to interact the more effectively he probes.

Forest being hemmed in more after losing a man also gave more short passing options on the inside. It’s the kind of oppressive conditions he’s used to and theoretically what we’re working toward having here if this system actually comes through.

Slaying him for every misplaced action rather than looking at what has potential for growth from what he’s doing suggests you’re dead certain you dislike the player no matter what and it’s a strange angle given his age and where he’s coming from. He has a lot to work on, but games like this one suggest he’s trying.

Carl

Forgetting the one he put on a plate for Bruno yesterday?