2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Alemar

Not good at shooting, once again. But he earned a penalty, he made several very good passes, he did well together with Dalot down the flank, and what is the most important - he worked entire game. Very good at pressing, helped in defence as well. Positive performance for sure, but needs to build on

Wilt

Will take a lot more than a couple of decent efforts to convince me.

Certain sooner or later to let himself down and it’s back to square one.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Antony gives the team more than you'd think, neither Dalot or AWB are great defenders but Antony makes them both play much better, like it or not we're a much better team when he plays

Dr Foo

He's our best choice on the right like it or not, after trying various options there. Just left Amad to consider - when is he back?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
That pass to McT which he fluffed was well timed. He had a good shot with his outside of the foot too.

Bondi77

Tried hard but he is incapable of judging a pass or even a shot on goal as he gives the ball away or hits a pass back to the opposition goalkeeper.
I reallly hope Amad comes good as he has all the tools to make that RW position his own.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
My god he is shite. Doesn't get any excuse because he is very selfish and just thinks about shooting any time he gets the ball. He should be banned from shooting, if he scored any time he wanted to shoot I am sure we would score at least one more goal per game more.

He literally needs to stop shooting because he is one of the worst shooters I've seen.

Telsim

He wasn't utterly terrible, which is a form of progress, I suppose. Participated in some nice passage of play. But nothing can take away the fact he is a winger with 0 goals and 0 assists. A winger that doesn't provide threat is a terrible winger, I don't really care what "balance" he provides and how good he is defensively. Especially a winger with that price tag.

We need a new RW after selling Sancho and Pellistri.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
One of the worst attacking players we’ve bought but, he works hard at least

He wasn't utterly terrible, which is a form of progress, I suppose. Participated in some nice passage of play. But nothing can take away the fact he is a winger with 0 goals and 0 assists. A winger that doesn't provide threat is a terrible winger, I don't really care what "balance" he provides and how good he is defensively. Especially a winger with that price tag.

We need a new RW after selling Sancho and Pellistri.
Responsible for the penalty and should’ve had an assist. Great workrate and some great pieces of play to keep possession in important moments.
Not sure why it suddenly becomes a more acceptable performance for some fans if just McTominay keeps his head and scores giving him an assist. Weird obsession with stats I guess.

troylocker

His quality on the ball is so bad. The chance after 15 minutes when he hits a weak curler is so clearly a situation where he can play the easiest possible pass on his left foot for Bruno to have a 1on1. I’m not sure we have any other option to play RW but Amad has a clear route to the first 11 when he gets fit.
His quality on the ball is great, his decisionmaking with the ball.....that's another thing.

Bobade

A strange player. Offers little threat but we're definitely better when he plays.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
When we're rating a 100 MP winger's performance based on 'he worked hard', you know we're clutching at straws trying to find something positive.

He's just not a very good player, atleast for the level we are trying to achieve. There's a disappointment when one of our players passes him the ball in an attacking situation because you know he's going to screw it up.

It's difficult to see someone playing above 50 MP for him not only based on his performances for us but also his past Ajax performances, which weren't that great as well.

When we're rating a 100 MP winger's performance based on 'he worked hard', you know we're clutching at straws trying to find something positive.

He's just not a very good player, atleast for the level we are trying to achieve. There's a disappointment when one of our players passes him the ball in an attacking situation because you know he's going to screw it up.

It's difficult to see someone playing above 50 MP for him not only based on his performances for us but also his past Ajax performances, which weren't that great as well.
Thought he was brilliant last night, kept possession so many times for us in important occasions where other players 100% would’ve lost it and put us in some awful defensive situations on the turnover.
Helped win the pen, should’ve had an assist but for McTom’s brainfart.

People are just odd with him, like his performance somehow gets better if McTom simply doesn’t lose his head, because stats are more important.

BarstoolProphet

Thought he was brilliant last night, kept possession so many times for us in important occasions where other players 100% would’ve lost it and put us in some awful defensive situations on the turnover.

People are just odd with him, like his performance somehow gets better if McTom simply doesn’t lose his head, because stats are more important.
It was quite interesting to watch him live. Most of the times Dalot was attacking Antony immediately ran back to cover his position and was regularly applauded by his teammates for it. He seems to be very tactically astute. Makes you appreciate his efforts more. However it's at the same time very frustrating to see how many poor decisions he makes offensively, most notably yesterday when he could have passed it to a teammate either better placed or through on goal (like Bruno in the first half). Instead he is so focused on getting a shot off.

Rossa

He won a penalty by a stupid decision and execution. That's about it.
And he should have had an assist for McTominay, when McTominay was played through and slipped. So if McTominay and Bruno had done their part, he would have had two assists. I thought he was quite decent yesterday, albeit not world class or anything close to that level. He's tidy. He keeps the ball well, and he is good at bringing others into play. He really needs to use that right foot though.

Baneofthegame

Good:

- Work rate
- link up play (mostly)
- won a penalty

Bad:

- shooting
- still terrible at beating a defender one on one.

Betson

He won a penalty by a stupid decision and execution. That's about it.
Agree that although we got the penalty from it, it was an awful decision to cut inside into traffic and not go on the outside where there was loads of space where he would have got an unimpeded shot off, but luckily thanks to brain dead Chelsea player he got the penalty.

But his lack of confidence(or ability) in doing anything of his right hand side severely limits him as a player.

Ludens the Red

He’d be a very good asset in a 442 system or if we had a world class right back like Trent. Unfortunately as it is whilst a very good team player who works hard, like @hasanejaz88 said, when he actually gets the ball in the final third you basically know nothing will happen whereas on the other side with Garnacho you expect everything and anything to happen.

Craig Ward

We are better when he plays - simple as. Cannot deny that.

The other option is Rashford at RW - which time and time again has proven to be a disaster.

He kept the ball moving and retained possession so many times last night which was a real plus. He played really well

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
One thing he has shown since returning to the team is he's willing to fight for his place and will always put the best shift in he knows how to.

He did some good things and some bad things, but what I think he did world class on was that turn away tackle towards the end of the game. Was so conclusive that it took the sails out of Chelsea and had our lads really pumped up. It also led to mass congratulations after the final whistle because it was a symbolic moment, like a full-stop on the end of a sentence.

Rashford should have to earn his spot back in a direct contest with the players who are outworking him and giving their all for the cause. Garnacho left or Antony right, Rashford has to match their endeavour because that bare minimum makes the opposition work all game and keeps them honest.

In terms of actual quality, there's a long way to go, but for the here and now, Antony's contribution aids rather than hinders his teammates and that's a cornerstone of building and developing as a unit.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
Effort and work rate you will always get from him and it is refreshing to see a RW putting in that kind of shift. It is the minimum fans expect to see when watching a Man United player.

He rarely loses the ball and brings others into play, he slows the game down at times but in reality this can help the team to get back into shape and start to recycle the ball again.

He plays with his head up when he has the ball and sees teammates around him, he has an eye for a pass and can often make them. He’s not there with his dribbling and taking on fullbacks, he is a possession based player.

I don’t want to criticise Rashford, as he is getting enough in his own thread, but surely he has to look at himself and his performance in comparison to Antony or Garnacho and see where is going wrong.

Antony is still not a big enough goal threat, but he doesn’t shy away and I expect the goals/assists will come.

BehemothTerror

Genuinely puzzled at some of the comments about last night. He played well, pressed relentlessly and but for wasteful finishing could have easily bagged a couple of assists at very least.

Will agree he need to refind his shooting boots though but he was no more wasteful than many others yesterday. Think next penalty we get should go to him or Rasmus as it could do either a world of good

afatzp

I see a glimpse of Bernardo Silva in him today ; if he cut all the crap shooting , that would be solid performance that we can give more appreciation with.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Look: he's never gonna run past defenders and I seriously doubt that his output ever will be high enough to justify a starting position for a team aiming to win titles.

But as things stand now he simply must start over Rashford. At least Antony works hard and keeps possession well. We need that.

saik

And he should have had an assist for McTominay, when McTominay was played through and slipped. So if McTominay and Bruno had done their part, he would have had two assists. I thought he was quite decent yesterday, albeit not world class or anything close to that level. He's tidy. He keeps the ball well, and he is good at bringing others into play. He really needs to use that right foot though.
Genuinely puzzled at some of the comments about last night. He played well, pressed relentlessly and but for wasteful finishing could have easily bagged a couple of assists at very least.

Will agree he need to refind his shooting boots though but he was no more wasteful than many others yesterday. Think next penalty we get should go to him or Rasmus as it could do either a world of good
Yea, he should have had couple of assists last night but for his teammates' finishing. Some posters are being unfairly critical of him. Almost like they have an agenda against him.

He did well yesterday. Certainly way better than to deserve being called shite or brain-dead.

saivet

As others have said, I think the balance of the forward line is improved when he plays as he's much better in possession than Rashford and Garnacho. I suspect we may see something similar with Amad, though I don't think Amad would be able to make up for Antony's workrate/industry out of possession.

That said, he really needs to improve on his end product as being a hard working winger that makes a lot of bad decisions or can't execute the final cross, pass or shot is not going to be enough in the long term. He can at least do all of the basics and generally helps the team quite a lot, so something to build on.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
His end product is still poor but he's become more direct when he needs to be, he's always been very hard working and proactive on the press. He also is quite press resistant and better in tight areas than he's given credit for.

Hes miles ahead of anyone else on the right so he should be starting for us.

Marcelinho87

Regardless of his output, he is key to how EtH wants us to play - He presses better than most from the front and if the whole front line did the same we'd be in a much better position.

tomaldinho1

Tried hard but he is incapable of judging a pass or even a shot on goal as he gives the ball away or hits a pass back to the opposition goalkeeper.
I reallly hope Amad comes good as he has all the tools to make that RW position his own.
Not trying to be confrontational here but did you watch the game?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I see a glimpse of Bernardo Silva in him today ; if he cut all the crap shooting , that would be solid performance that we can give more appreciation with.
Shooting is something you can improve over the period of time. I would encourage to take more shots if he can eventually improve.

Lentwood

Not trying to be confrontational here but did you watch the game?
Some people are only capable of judging a performance based on whether a played scored, kept a clean sheet, assisted a goal etc...

Then there's the next step down from that, posters who watch the games and have a little more insight but still no real idea what they're watching.

They tend to fixate on one or two major actions. In Antony's case yesterday, I remember one particularly wild shot and one bad cutback from a promising position that led to a counter-attack. So I imagine if you're only half-watching and/or don't REALLY get football...then you might conclude he didn't play well.

Those of us who understand the game, and there are quite a few on here to be fair, understand the nuances in every action. Why a player did what they did, what they were trying to do, how easy that particular action is to pull off, how comfortable they are generally in possession, how incisive they are, how they move with the ball, their weight of pass, how hard they work, how they close down angles etc...

Antony did loads of things very well last night, with his usual sprinkle of admittedly wild and/or very frustrating actions.

There's definitely a player in there, but he almost needs to "automate" his game in the final 3rd. What is he going to do in a given scenario? This would help him and his teammates. That doesn't have to necessarily make him predictable either, because every full back in the world knows that Robben, Sarah, Saka etc...PRERFER to cut-in and shoot off that left flank every time...but they are good enough and just about varied enough to make them very hard to stop

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Much better since his return. I feel he needs 2-3 good moments and assists and goals will come back

Hughes35

Aside from his finishing, I thought he was good last night. A million times better for the team than Rashford