2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

mu4c_20le

Nah guys, he's actually a really good player. He does everything well except score or assist. If you view him without a goal contributions lens, then he's a very hard working lad.

RuudtheRed

So painfully one-footed, i've never seen him cross with his right foot and that's surely a problem for a professional footballer?
Uhh... did you not watch the game though? He literally did cross with his right foot (which, frankly, is as rare as Antonio Valencia crossing with his left foot and Phil Jones taking corners).

He hasn't been great in his United career so far, but today he actually served an assist on a plate for Garnacho only for him to miss a sitter. He was indeed one of our better players (while that's not saying much).

CannibalSpectre

Clearly the words of someone who hasn't watched the match today. Antony was great compared to pretty much everyone else in the team.
Great? What are your expectations of a regular starting winger at united? Has Antony met those expectations for you in his time here?

As for today's match, Antony was as ineffective as ever.

Well that's just it isn't it... Kudus, a right footed left winger actually managed to turn into his right and score a goal. Something we could never ever hope to see from Antony.
Kudus is actually a left footed right winger like Antony. I agree with your point. Antony has nothing on him. Kudus already has 7 goals in English football, four of them from his weaker foot.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Great? What are your expectations of a regular starting winger at united? Has Antony met those expectations for you in his time here?

As for today's match, Antony was as ineffective as ever.

Kudus is actually a left footed right winger like Antony. I agree with your point. Antony has nothing on him. Kudus already has 7 goals in English football, four of them from his weaker foot.
That's what I meant to say!

How the feck we ended up with the worse Ajax winger then West Ham I don't know.

Last edited:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
That's what I meant to say!

How the feck we ended up with the worse Ajax winger from West Ham I don't know.
Well once Antony didn't work out Im pretty sure most fans on here were not pleased to see us linked with Kudos this summer….

Ace

Worst winger I’ve ever seen turn out in a United kit. Average Sunday league level player.

el3mel

He played well in first half and created 2 good chances. He then reverted to his normal self in 2nd half and became non existent.

TempusFugit

He plays with 50% of the pitch. It's basically cut inside into the already congested midfield or nothing else for him. Just seeing him as our starting RW annoys me. How have heads not rolled for this signing? A winger who has scored once in almost a year. The decision makers at this club couldn't manage a hotdog stand.

Marwood

He played well in first half and created 2 good chances. He then reverted to his normal self in 2nd half and became non existent.
The pass for Garnacho's chance was poor. Lucky how it turned out.

I seriously think Antony wouldn't look out of place in the Championship. He'd be one of the better players but it wouldn't be absurd for him to be there.

thewhippet

Uhh... did you not watch the game though? He literally did cross with his right foot (which, frankly, is as rare as Antonio Valencia crossing with his left foot and Phil Jones taking corners).

He hasn't been great in his United career so far, but today he actually served an assist on a plate for Garnacho only for him to miss a sitter. He was indeed one of our better players (while that's not saying much).
I did watch the game but I genuinely missed that if he did..!!

Most games I'm cringing at him holding the ball up to try get it onto his left, play stops, opposition defence get organised, and then he finally tries something with his left.

It's also very easy to defend against unless you're Arjen Robben

kundalini

Some good moments today. Set up big chance for Garnacho and won possession to launch another counter-attack. Still has rubbish moments and goes to ground alarmingly easily. One West Ham counter consisted of Antony attempting and failing to make a tackle, he then got up, ran back, but ignored that West Ham had free players on their right, instead drifted centrally, fortunately Evans did well to cut-out a dangerous cross. We are such a poorly coached team.

Clearly, Antony isn't totally hopeless but quite why he needs such an extended run in the team is beyond me.

DomM

He isn't a winger, he seems incapable of taking on his defender and this causes us many issues in attack, not to mention makes it easy to defend against. Maybe we should try him on the left for a change, can't do any worse and would at least be able to cross with his correct foot whilst running forwards.

Alemar

About time we replace him with Amad. Maybe Antony can develop as a RB, that’s his only chance. Winger he is not :(

C'est Moi Cantona

This is Ten Hag's biggest crime as United manager.

Not buying Antony as he must have thought he was good enough, and it's not his fault we can't negotiate for player, but playing him, when it's been clear all year that he is a million miles away from been a premiership player.

If Ten Hag is sacked then Antony won't see a game at United again imo.

statpadder

Had a great game but the Antony haters still saying he has no assists. Well he cant because we miss one on ones ffs.

Cassidy

This is Ten Hag's biggest crime as United manager.

Not buying Antony as he must have thought he was good enough, and it's not his fault we can't negotiate for player, but playing him, when it's been clear all year that he is a million miles away from been a premiership player.

If Ten Hag is sacked then Antony won't see a game at United again imo.
Should play Pellstri instead

Unam333

I did watch the game but I genuinely missed that if he did..!!

Most games I'm cringing at him holding the ball up to try get it onto his left, play stops, opposition defence get organised, and then he finally tries something with his left.

It's also very easy to defend against unless you're Arjen Robben
You did miss it or didn't notice it, but he tried an assist with his right. :) Too bad Hojlund and another United player couldn't get to the end of it.

Not sure if his pass for Garnacho's chance was with his right foot or left foot...

Valencia Shin Crosses

Well once Antony didn't work out Im pretty sure most fans on here were not pleased to see us linked with Kudos this summer….
I actually wanted Kudus from the beginning and in this summer as I’ve been on the Antony hate train for the better part of this year. The versatility, two footedness, and actual real pace stood out to me especially for the price they were asking. Seemed like a no brainer since we needed more creative/attacking outlets.

Cassidy

I actually wanted Kudus from the beginning and in this summer as I’ve been on the Antony hate train for the better part of this year. The versatility, two footedness, and actual real pace stood out to me especially for the price they were asking. Seemed like a no brainer since we needed more creative/attacking outlets.
Same I wanted Kudos this summer but its clear fans and the club were against players from Ajax (same with Gravenberch)

Cassidy

He at least deserves a run of games just as Antony as had, as I am not at the stage where I can say that he is even worse.
Go back and watch the games he has started. Its quite obvious he is worse.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Maybe I just have an irrational dislike for Antony, but it's not to me.
Think back to today’s game. Pellistri replaced Antony. Do you remember him doing anything positive? Anything at all? If we’re going to drop regular starters to be replaced by kids shouldn’t the first step be some cameo appearances where the kid puts some pressure on the manager to pick them by making some kind of impact on the game? When did Pellistri last do this?

Eugenius

We are in real trouble if the only reason why people think he should be in the team is that Pellistri is worse. All our attackers have been awful this season, but Antony is the only one you look at and struggle to see what the player is in there. As others have said, he wasn't exactly lighting up the Dutch league playing for the best team in the country.

Cassidy

We are in real trouble if the only reason why people think he should be in the team is that Pellistri is worse. All our attackers have been awful this season, but Antony is the only one you look at and struggle to see what the player is in there. As others have said, he wasn't exactly lighting up the Dutch league playing for the best team in the country.
Only players who I would play ahead of him at RW are Mount and Amad (or a new signing)

We were also shite when he was suspended

C'est Moi Cantona

Think back to today’s game. Pellistri replaced Antony. Do you remember him doing anything positive? Anything at all? If we’re going to drop regular starters to be replaced by kids shouldn’t the first step be some cameo appearances where the kid puts some pressure on the manager to pick them by making some kind of impact on the game? When did Pellistri last do this?
No, but I have done in other games even if only fleeting, he's clearly not brilliant, but I just find it a bit harsh that he isn't given a proper run of games like Antony has been given.

I am not even really defending Pellistri here, more just depressed at how Antony seems to start virtually every game he is fit for unchecked.

Take Antony off today instead of Rasmus and put Garnacho there, start Bruno there, Amad there, etc, just not Antony when it seems so clear that he has so little to offer.

Alemar

Pellistri replaced Antony. Do you remember him doing anything positive? Anything at all?
No. Very unfortunately, Pellistri is even worse. The only hope now is that Amad gets back to fitness and may play on the right. With Antony, it’s time to try to find him another position on the pitch - RW is not for him :(

Kostov

Whoever was involved in the transfer and paying that 100m sum for this fraud, needs to be thrown in jail. Financial fraud should be examined.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
No, but I have done in other games even if only fleeting, he's clearly not brilliant, but I just find it a bit harsh that he isn't given a proper run of games like Antony has been given.

I am not even really defending Pellistri here, more just depressed at how Antony seems to start virtually every game he is fit for unchecked.

Take Antony off today instead of Rasmus and put Garnacho there, start Bruno there, Amad there, etc, just not Antony when it seems so clear that he has so little to offer.
The depressing reality is that - even if we ignore Pellistri’s non contribution - Antony offered more in attack than any of the other front three who started today. And that’s purely in attack, where he’s generally offered very little. I’m not going to argue he’s been a great signing, or even that he generally hits the level of performance we need. But he has been the best of a bad bunch, for basically the whole season. So he’s being picked on merit.

Unam333

No. Very unfortunately, Pellistri is even worse. The only hope now is that Amad gets back to fitness and may play on the right. With Antony, it’s time to try to find him another position on the pitch - RW is not for him :(
I think the only two positions he can realistically play are the RW and LW. Not sure he can play as a RB to be honest, he doesn't seem to have any pace.

Alemar

I think the only two positions he can realistically play are the RW and LW. Not sure he can play as a RB to be honest, he doesn't seem to have any pace.
Maybe as a defense-minded central midfielder? He has ball control, can make a 5 meter pass, and he has defensive awareness and likes to work very hard … All those traits are essential for a defensive midfielder (or maybe a DLP)

Last edited:

careca07

Whoever was involved in the transfer and paying that 100m sum for this fraud, needs to be thrown in jail. Financial fraud should be examined.
Because the transfer fee ended up so high, the agent's fees were enormous (£20m). Three different parties demanded a slice, including Junior Pedrosa (Antony’s agent) and SEG, who are the agency run by Kees Voss, who also happens to be Ten Haag’s agent.

Not quite sure how they can say there’s no conflict of interest, when the more Ten Haag pushes United to sign a player, (as with Antony) the more the eventual transfer fee goes up and hence the slice that SEG get increases exponentially

of course SEG also brokered the massive deal for Hoijlund as well

FortunaUtd

Because the transfer fee ended up so high, the agent's fees were enormous (£20m). Three different parties demanded a slice, including Junior Pedrosa (Antony’s agent) and SEG, who are the agency run by Kees Voss, who also happens to be Ten Haag’s agent.

Not quite sure how they can say there’s no conflict of interest, when the more Ten Haag pushes United to sign a player, (as with Antony) the more the eventual transfer fee goes up and hence the slice that SEG get increases exponentially

of course SEG also brokered the massive deal for Hoijlund as well
Both fees, 100m € for Antony and 75m € for Hojlund, are utterly absurd and unacceptable. It is the kind of stuff that will get them all, DoF, manager, CEO, sacked, and rightly so.