2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

lex talionis

His 30 seconds of YouTube highlights aren’t all that impressive. The most touch flop in football history surely. He can’t blame injuries or the wrong manager or tragedy to a family member or anything if the sort…it’s all on Antony himself.

Dansk

I just don't get what happened. He was very good at Ajax - including in the CL, so it can't just be brushed off as the Eredivisie's lower level - and clearly showed that he's capable of far more than he has done at United. It's not as if our counter-attacking tactics are incompatible with a fast-paced, energetic winger who cuts in side to be a goal threat. He should have fit in just fine, but nothing ever works out for him. It happens far too often that players arrive at United and promptly forget how to play football.

Stig

Why, why, why oh why, isn't he on the traing pitch day in day out learning to kick with his right foot and cross from the left wing ?

My mate who is 60 lost his place on the right hand side ro some youngster, just went and improved his left foot to get a place on the left.

What are out coaching staff doing?

Malone_Post

Andros Townsend now has more assists in his 18 PL appearances this season than Antony has in his combined 47 PL appearances last season & this.

It’s beyond tragic.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Has to be sold this summer. We can’t talk about standards and have this guy in the squad next year (same with Sancho)

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Has to be sold this summer. We can’t talk about standards and have this guy in the squad next year (same with Sancho)
It will be a big financial hit to sell both Antony & Sancho but I really can't see an alternative plan.

Sylar

It will be a big financial hit to sell both Antony & Sancho but I really can't see an alternative plan.
Isn't he on something crazy like 200k PW? Insane if even close to that
We gotta have a clear out even if we use youth for interim to fill out the squad

Vidooq

Whoever decided that it would be smart thing to give 200k per to a player who was on 19k a week previously, should really explain the thought process behind his decision. It would be the reason why we wont be able to sell him or even loan him out.

He would've come to United, even if you offered him 50k a week, which would've almost tripled his salary, but to go x10? What on Earth?

SER19

I just don't get what happened. He was very good at Ajax - including in the CL, so it can't just be brushed off as the Eredivisie's lower level - and clearly showed that he's capable of far more than he has done at United. It's not as if our counter-attacking tactics are incompatible with a fast-paced, energetic winger who cuts in side to be a goal threat. He should have fit in just fine, but nothing ever works out for him. It happens far too often that players arrive at United and promptly forget how to play football.
Ya, compare him to somebody like ziyech who made a similar move. Im still very much rooting for him, I think he will work incredibly hard to try make it here, but he may have run out of time

Unam333

Didn’t do much today
We were 2-0 up and cruising. He was put on in the 83th minute to give Garnacho some rest. To me it means we need to keep our shape, don't lose the ball and possession, don't take unnecessary risks when we go forward. I'm sure that Antony got the same instructions.

Last edited:

Malone_Post

Wow... a whole difference of 1 assist.
Townsend is a 32 year old free transfer who missed the entirety of last season with an ACL injury. Antony is a 24 years old, £90 million signing who has played over double the amount of games and still has less assists.

The fact that you can even compare them, never mind Townsend actually coming out on top, is absolutely tragic for the Brazilian.

Eric_the_Red99

Whoever decided that it would be smart thing to give 200k per to a player who was on 19k a week previously, should really explain the thought process behind his decision. It would be the reason why we wont be able to sell him or even loan him out.

He would've come to United, even if you offered him 50k a week, which would've almost tripled his salary, but to go x10? What on Earth?
It’s one of those situations where you hope backhanders and corruption are the answer, because if it’s just down to incompetence that’s far more worrying

Oranges038

Townsend is a 32 year old free transfer who missed the entirety of last season with an ACL injury. Antony is a 24 years old, £90 million signing who has played over double the amount of games and still has less assists.

The fact that you can even compare them, never mind Townsend actually coming out on top, is absolutely tragic for the Brazilian.
The fact that you would even bother to compare the two is tragic.

Stadjer

If true, it is very strange. Only reason could be a line of thinking that when a player cost that much in transfer fee, that player also needs to have a big wage.

Oranges038

The fact that I can compare the two is tragic
Like I said it's tragic that you would even bother to draw that comparison. There's probably about 100 players who have more assists than Antony since last season. Should we compare all them as well? Maguire probably has more assists than him, he has at least 2 this season.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Same thing with Sancho. Both are a bust. It seems to me like off the field issues ruined both of these guys and greenwood too. Hopefully more of these signings will work out when he have a more ruthless culture at the club and only really professional and motivated players are kept on.

Captmfla

Antony's stats aren't that bad. He has scored 9 goals for United since joining. It's the unrealistic expectation that is weighing on him.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He wasn’t “very good”, he was solid and young at Ajax in a very good side. Hes not “fast paced” either and can’t run with the ball at pace. All of these things were evident while he was still having far more success at Ajax too. There’s a reason many of their fans were incredulous that they got as much as they did fee wise from us.

Ziyech at least showed elite creative ability at Ajax. Many of us worried about Antony because his output was decent but it mainly came from a ton of shots and his underlying creative metrics were poor. And then you watch him in matches and see that he’s also limited physically in that he’s not going to go threaten fullbacks driving at them, so you wondered where the step up to the next level would come from with him. Well it hasn’t, he just now plays in a miles more difficult league in a worse functioning team and it’s exposed his lack of danger he presents to a defense.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Antony's stats aren't that bad. He has scored 9 goals for United since joining. It's the unrealistic expectation that is weighing on him.
Is this a joke?

He's scored once this season and it was against Newport County.