Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoTMS

Hopefully he gets minutes against Leicester. I want him starting against Arsenal.

Skills

Snitch
100m Euros, feck me that's a lot of money OK it's not mine, but the pressure on the player to live up to the price tag will be enormous.
And on ETH to make this one work. You saw the amount of questions he got about subbing off Martinez at HT.

Jev

Absolutely bonkers money for a player most Ajax fans don't seem to rate that highly (i.e. as a world-class player in the making) but he certainly seems like a player to get you out of your seat. Excited to see him play.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Edwin makes sure to leave the club he is in charge of stacked and wealthy before he comes back to Manchester, what a guy.

Bobski

In all likelihood they are going to get Ziyech back, a better player for Ajax than Antony, and probably still currently. A lot of money on potential.

Brilliant Summer for Ajax really.

Green Yellow Red

Probably the 5th poster to ask - please name them.
To be fair to him, I think he was referring to these players

Daniel James
Adama Traore
Bryan Gil
Callum Hudson-Odoi,
Steven Bergwijn
Christian Pulisic
Nicolas Pepe
Pedro Neto
Ismaila Sarr
Lucas Moura
Allan Saint-Maximin
Leon Bailey
Benrahma

ti vu

"Last few days". What did he do for almost the whole window, and before? I meant this interest is way before ETH official took office. As Football Director, he could have assessed the squad himself and push to complete this transfer earlier. You don't need ETH to work on these players, and few bad results to come to this conclusion. It's not like Ajax asked 150mil previously, and now we negotiated the deal down to 100mil.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Absolutely bonkers money for a player most Ajax fans don't seem to rate that highly (i.e. as a world-class player in the making) but he certainly seems like a player to get you out of your seat. Excited to see him play.
Is there anywhere that we can see fans opinions? Curious

pogbasformerbarber

I really couldn’t care less how much these guys cost. Seems like a brilliant player, and just what we need. Everyone moans about the glazers taking profits and then moans about them overspending when we have to in order to get the players we want in the same breath.

AshRK

In all likelihood they are going to get Ziyech back, a better player for Ajax than Antony, and probably still currently. A lot of money on potential.

Brilliant Summer for Ajax really.
I would rather have quality players in the side than £200m with the owner's pockets

Gandalf

"Last few days". What did he do for almost the whole window, and before? I meant this interest is way before ETH official took office. As Football Director, he could have assessed the squad himself and push to complete this transfer earlier. You don't need ETH to work on these players, and few bad results to come to this conclusion. It's not like Ajax asked 150mil previous, and now we negotiated the deal down to 100mil.
Well to be fair Ajax did not want to sell at all and he has managed to find an agreement so there is that. I think this far more than the Casemiro deal was the FDJ ain't coming so we can get another target signing. If FDJ had decided to come we would probably be looking at Gakpo and not Antony.

van Persie

Finally. Don't forget he's a left-footed right winger. How many are world class or close to? Messi, Salah, Sane? I don't mind the transfer fee. It's a rarity.

JustinC00

Sao Paulo apparently had a 20% sell on fee. The is quoted as 84m. So that's 16.8m to Sao Paulo, meaning Ajax get 67m which is what was reported what they wanted back in June.

90 + 5min

Who are the 3-4 identical players to Antony that cost 100 million combined (25 million each?)
Name them?
Probably the 5th poster to ask - please name them.
Draxler, Juanmi, Kvaratskhelia, Szoboslai. There are lot more. Players that would be easier to get, not cost to much and would give us good attacking alternatives. I really don't like these mega money buys who usually let us down in big way.

As I said, I hope Antony is worth that money. But I'm not jumping from my chair yet.

Red_toad

They also said we over paid for Martinez, looking at how quickly he's settled and the quality he's shown, I'd say it was a good fee. Fans who seek out forums of other teams their player have joined can be an odd bunch.

Skills

Snitch
What does this mean for Amad, Pellistri, Elanga and Garnacho then? Expecting a flurry of sales to happen soon.
Garnacho will leave anyways. His contracts up next summer.

Amad and Pellistri on the loan farm from January

Status
Not open for further replies.