Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazza

Antony next to go HAM.
While people like this are jealous drinking their sorrows away, 55, internet hooligan, unable to pay the rent and going through a messy divorce, trying to forget it all by going HAM on the caf.
Some ajax fans were being cocksure about Antony not going to kick up a fuss to leave just a few days ago. Now he is going HAM on their trust :lol:
Kevin what's going on mate? You've been obsessed with going HAM this week. ;)

Rolaholic

Ajax are the winners here. The fee is mental.
Seriously, they don't need any pity party. They'll be crying with cold hard cash :lol:

They're getting damn near 100m along with potentially bringing back an ex stud for them in Ziyech, they'll be more than fine.

They're the big winners in all this along with Antony of course

gamebug

Crazy money for such a player. If he doesn't work out in PL, who will take responsibility?

Loony BoB

Ajax are the winners here. The fee is mental.
Big time, yes. The money they must be raking in over recent years is incredible.

22/23: £108.96m so far - Martinez (Man United), Haller (Dortmund), Gravenberch (Bayern), Schuurs (Torino), Tagliafico (Lyon), Kotarski (Gorica)
21/22: £41.4m - Neres (Shaktar Donetsk), Marin (Cagliari Calcio), Traoré (Brugge), Scherpen (Brighton), Ekkelenkamp (Hertha)
20/21: £98.55m - Ziyech (Chelsea), VDB (Man United), Dest (Barcelona), Promes (Spartak Moscow), Veltman (Brighton)
19/20: £196.38m - de Jong (Barcelona), de Ligt (Juventus), Dolberg (Nice), Wober (Sevilla), Sinkgraven (Leverkusen), Kirstensen (Salzburg), de Wit (Alkmaar), Schone (Genoa), Orejuela (Cruzeiro), Cerny (Utrecht)
18/19: £15.8m - Kluivert (Roma), Zeefuik (Groningen)
17/18: £74.88m - Sanchez (Spurs), Klaassen (Everton), Riedewald (Crystal Palace), Tete (Lyon), Zivkovic (Oostende)
16/17: £72.45m - Milik (Napoli), Cillessen (Barcelona), Bazoer (Wolfsburg), El Ghazi (Lille), Gudelj (TJ Teda), Fischer (Middlesbrough), van der Hoorn (Swansea), van Rhijn (Brugge), Andersen (Grasshoppers), Becker (Den Haag)

Net profit on transfer fees: £282.02m, or £40.29 every year.

If Ajax were in a top three league they'd be right up there with the big boys the way they churn out talent. You could make a mean side out of those players.

Rolaholic

Fair play to the lad though, his unrelenting desire to join us at all cost is endearing to me honestly :lol:

He's very much forced the issue in a window where Ajax had no intention of letting him go.

Feels good going after players who absolutely want to join for a change.

He's answered his managers call like he said in the farewell video they made

AndySmith1990

still don't know how to feel about this. The fee is madness, and they way Antony has handled this also leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. Feel a bit sorry for Ajax too.
Hes only acting up because we had a crazy offer rejected. As Ajax are known to be a stepping stone club, he felt that offer was more than reasonable for them to allow him to move on

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Our concerns now .

Antony like Valencia is one footed .
He isn't technically good.
He shouldn't have behaved like to get this move.

Jeez, stop complaining for the sake of it.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Big time, yes. The money they must be raking in over recent years is incredible.

22/23: £108.96m so far - Martinez (Man United), Haller (Dortmund), Gravenberch (Bayern), Schuurs (Torino), Tagliafico (Lyon), Kotarski (Gorica)
21/22: £41.4m - Neres (Shaktar Donetsk), Marin (Cagliari Calcio), Traoré (Brugge), Scherpen (Brighton), Ekkelenkamp (Hertha)
20/21: £98.55m - Ziyech (Chelsea), VDB (Man United), Dest (Barcelona), Promes (Spartak Moscow), Veltman (Brighton)
19/20: £196.38m - de Jong (Barcelona), de Ligt (Juventus), Dolberg (Nice), Wober (Sevilla), Sinkgraven (Leverkusen), Kirstensen (Salzburg), de Wit (Alkmaar), Schone (Genoa), Orejuela (Cruzeiro), Cerny (Utrecht)
18/19: £15.8m - Kluivert (Roma), Zeefuik (Groningen)
17/18: £74.88m - Sanchez (Spurs), Klaassen (Everton), Riedewald (Crystal Palace), Tete (Lyon), Zivkovic (Oostende)
16/17: £72.45m - Milik (Napoli), Cillessen (Barcelona), Bazoer (Wolfsburg), El Ghazi (Lille), Gudelj (TJ Teda), Fischer (Middlesbrough), van der Hoorn (Swansea), van Rhijn (Brugge), Andersen (Grasshoppers), Becker (Den Haag)

Net profit on transfer fees: £282.02m, or £40.29 every year.

If Ajax were in a top three league they'd be right up there with the big boys the way they churn out talent. You could make a mean side out of those players.
They won't be able to develop them if they were a top 3 side in a major league.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I know it's not our money etc but that is an absolutely ludicrous fee for an attacking player who has never even reached double figures for goals or assists in a very poor league. Ajax have us over a barrel but even they must be amazed how much we are seemingly willing to pay. That being said, if EtH thinks Antony is "the one", I hope we get him.
He's a similar winger in style to Bernardo Silva. He might not always get the final touch but does a lot of the carrying and playmaking.

Not everything is about getting the final pass or tap in playing football. I would say though his stats per minutes is actually not as bad as it looks.

Alemar

When a player wants to join us that bad, it’s only a good thing. We need players with commitment to the cause.

obviously our stance also persuaded him - we continue pursuit despite all difficulties. Player feels wanted

Real Name

De Jong not being too chuffed about the prospect of joining us, redcafe is mad. Antony using all the tools at his disposal to make this happen, we are still mad. :confused:
Yup. Cafe in a nutshell. We get mercenaries bad, we get player who desperately wants to come. Again bad.

ChaddyP

Feel bad for Ajax here, and less than impressed with Antony the way he dealt with this

I would have done the same thing too if one Of the biggest clubs in world football put in a gigantic bid for me and it was flat out refused without negotiation for no good reason. And spare me the "can't find replacement so fast nonsense" . They will have had multiple options lined out already... As we see with Ziyech links.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Crazy money for such a player. If he doesn't work out in PL, who will take responsibility?
I reckon Ten Hag will write a personal letter of apology to you and every redcafe poster, who complained about the fee.
Could include a bag of Haribo and a blanket.

avgp_1

So €90m is about £76m and that certainly should include have a fair bit of add ons I'm sure. It's not that unbelievable a fee, when Gordon or Isak is valued at about 60m or Cucurella, a LWB, at 62m.

He is not a finished product yet and will certainly frustrate at times, especially with his finishing/shooting, but he is someone we have needed a while. A proper left footed creative option from the RW, there are very top ones available. Superb passer, good crosser, outstanding link up play, adventurous young player with skills, and hardworking as well. There is lots to like about this signing

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
What was the point of handling in a transfer request? We’re Ajax still playing hardball with him?
Not sure if he has. It seems like he's gone to the Ajax board, officially expressing his desire to leave. Which might be the exact same thing as handing in a transfer request.

kaku06

Vulgarian
Scenario 1 — A player doesn’t want to leave and join united even if his current club is treating him like shit and forcing him out.

RedCafe — Leave that cnut there. We only want players who want to play for us. He has no interest in us. United means nothing to him. Di maria vibes.

Scenario 2 — A player desperately wants to come and join United. But his current club doesn’t want to sell him even after being offered a mental fee . So the player does everything to make his dream move.

Also Redcafe —Nah man, that left a sour taste in my mouth. That guy is a dirtbag. I’m so disappointed by his actions. I feel sorry for Ajax because of that dickhead.

Amir

Hes only acting up because we had a crazy offer rejected. As Ajax are known to be a stepping stone club, he felt that offer was more than reasonable for them to allow him to move on
I don’t feel bad for Ajax at all, they’re about to make £120 million + off of United this summer. They’ll reinvest and develop more great players. That’s their model and they should be proud of it.
Timing also matters, though. It's quite late in the transfer window and they probably felt their squad for the season was complete.

While they may be a stepping stone and a club that develops players, they do have aspirations on the pitch.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Not sure if he has. It seems like he's gone to the Ajax board, officially expressing his desire to leave. Which might be the exact same thing as handing in a transfer request.
OK. Would be a strange action unless he’s felt like he has had to do that as a last (last) resort.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Kevin what's going on mate? You've been obsessed with going HAM this week. ;)
I'll be honest and admit I somehow giggle like a teenage girl everytime I use this phrase lately. I'll soon get bored of it, bear with me :D

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
OK. Would be a strange action unless he’s felt like he has had to do that as a last (last) resort.
I just think he really wants the deal to go through, with no risk of United refusing to raise another offer. He seems to want it to be done, so that he can play this Saturday.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I just think he really wants the deal to go through, with no risk of United refusing to raise another offer. He seems to want it to be done, so that he can play this Saturday.
Man’s not playing Saturday. Visa process will take longer than a few days.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Holy shit we are getting absolutely rinsed on the price!! He’s the best young winger on the market though. My only regret is that it’s now a Dembele type signing instead of a punt that we should tried to take long even before ETH came in. He would have cost half, if even that and fulfilled a glaring need in the squad once greenwood got canned.

The market has well and truly found us out as the club goes into panic mode trying to get the mangers preferred talent in. even if that most likely means we get rinsed or rejected in the final days of the window. I’m happy they are spending the clubs money on talented players and backing a good manager but I’m really disappointed at how inefficient and short term we still are. We probably could have had Gravenberch and Antony for the same cost at the start of last season.

Cost aside I’ve wanted Antony for years because he looks like he’s got world class potential and the all important arrogance to become a star. He can do the unexpected and he’s creative and we've badly needed more of that. I think he could eventually improve to become one of the best players in the league. Himself and the manager clearly respect each other so It’ll be interesting to see how the situation progresses. It also puts the cat amongst the pigeons in the Ronaldo debate as Rashford, Sancho and Martial strive to finally hit some kind of form

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I would have done the same thing too if one Of the biggest clubs in world football put in a gigantic bid for me and it was flat out refused without negotiation for no good reason. And spare me the "can't find replacement so fast nonsense" . They will have had multiple options lined out already... As we see with Ziyech links.
Thats unprofessional though. You're contracted to a club, kick up a fuss internally but dont go as far as refuse to train for 3 sessions and miss games. You're getting paid to do that as a minimum, and are still an employee of Ajax.

Chief123

I see all the accountants are out tonight. Who gives a crap if we are having to overpay. The same people will complain when we have to start Elanga due to an injury to Sancho.

You just ain’t getting a good quality player with 1 week left for a knock off price. I’d rather we get rinsed and upgrade our team massively than go into the season with the attacking options we have right now which will be minus Ronaldo in a weeks time.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
One of the reasons Ajax scored in excess of a 100 goals last season was due to Antony being a key cog in their team imo. He's such a menace to the opposition that he opens up space for others which helped Ajax sustain attacks and create chances.

Antony alone won't fix our problems, but imo he's a player that will be important for the now and long-term. Our team's problem for almost a decade now have been that we can't impose our game on the opposition and are unable to exert control in both offensive and defensive transitions. We can't sustain attacks, hence we haven't been able to create enough chances. Goals and assists will come if we can successfully transition into a team that can sustain attacks and pin the the opposition in their own half. And Antony is a player who will help us get closer to becoming that team imo.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Timing also matters, though. It's quite late in the transfer window and they probably felt their squad for the season was complete.

While they may be a stepping stone and a club that develops players, they do have aspirations on the pitch.
Well if they get Ziyech in return they're getting a player that knows the system and will produce from day 1. He would instantly be one of the best players in the Eredivisie again.

Popovic

Jesus Christ we are getting absolutely rinsed on the fee. Seems like this has been a done deal since he started missing training. ETH must think he's the next Robben if he's willing to die on the Antony hill....

mu4c_20le

They aren't stupid, they knew we would be back near the end of the window as is our style. They already made contingency plans, you fell for their negotiation tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.