Antony under investigation by Brazilian authorities for domestic abuse | Back in the squad

Rusholme Ruffian

Guardian sank down to the gutter with the rest long ago because it’s where the money is.
I don't think the Guardian have ever been implicated in any phone hacking cases, nor do they report on celebrity gossip, include pictures of tits (worse luck), work at the behest of Tory paymasters, or seek to divide communities through inciting hatred. Seems a bit harsh to lump them in with the likes of the Mail or the Sun.

astracrazy

I don't think the Guardian have ever been implicated in any phone hacking cases, nor do they report on celebrity gossip, include pictures of tits (worse luck), work at the behest of Tory paymasters, or seek to divide communities through inciting hatred. Seems a bit harsh to lump them in with the likes of the Mail or the Sun.
No they just like to draw cartoons to cause offence

astracrazy

Do they really 'like' to do that? Or are you talking about an isolated incident where one cartoonist's caricature was not well thought out. And if so, are you equating that to hacking the phone of a dead girl?
Ok, correction if it makes you feel better: They have drawn some offensive cartoons. But that's ok because they don't have a celebrity section. Sorry it must upset you that no newspaper is perfect, not even the guardian.

When did I even imply that in the slightest? Get a grip. Piss poor to use that as a defence.

Rusholme Ruffian

Ok, correction if it makes you feel better: They have drawn some offensive cartoons. But that's ok because they don't have a celebrity section. Sorry it must upset you that no newspaper is perfect, not even the guardian.

When did I even imply that in the slightest? Get a grip. Piss poor to use that as a defence.
You implied it in your initial reply to my first post on the topic - keep up.

Syphon Wallet

Did a bit of digging and seen that Ingrid Lana has a bit of previous, went to the press about someone else a couple of years ago, but they didn't print it as they thought it seemed like a setup.
Haven't read this full thread, anyone else brought that up in here yet?

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
He’s probably seen what’s happened with the Greenwood situation and thought, ‘feck that, I’m not gonna let the media control the narrative’.

Who knows if that’s the right or wrong thing to do, but IF someone were innocent of such accusations it would be very hard to sit there and watch the media and rabid social media Karens take over the situation.

But again, I don’t think him speaking out or staying silent should have any sway on people’s opinions.

I don’t think people should even have an opinion until the legal process has been completed or abandoned. It’s ludicrous.

These kind of cases turn the issues into a repulsive soap opera / Jeremy Kyle type scenario where the audience bleats and boos and jeers and cheers and the serious issues are bastardised and warped into entertainment.

It’s pathetic.

In this thread and the Greenwood case the amount of times I’ve read people say, ‘I need to hear an explanation’, ‘until I have it explained to me why this was said’ etc - and it’s like, you have nothing to do with this, nor do I. You are not owed any explanation or information other than the legal outcome. You can then either accept that, or essentially sink into gossip and conspiracy.

I find it completely insane that people can’t grasp this.
Great post!

From what I can see reading X and this site is that a part of the most vocal and aggressive so called supporters is trying to turn this tragedy into a black and white ending where the best outcome seems to be to send him away.

From a personal point of view I have a couple of times visit his childhood neighborhoods. One of my daughters works and live in Cotia so I think I know where he’s coming from and all the struggle that follows with growing up in a tough environment. My experience living with a Brazilian wife is that most Latin men/women is more passionate, more intense and outspoken than we see in our part of the world. That’s the charm with living with such a person and when we have our “fights” one of us has to be forgiving and take a step back to make it work.

It looks like Antony and the woman who accuses him was two immature and verbally aggressive personalities. In a toxic relationship with too much passion and jealousy things can quickly go wrong. Not to mention eventual financial agendas… That doesn’t exclude anyone’s responsibility but maybe we should be more careful before we accuse or hold a strong opinions who’s most guilty.

If the legal outcome will be not guilty or just guilty of minor charges it’s clear that young Antony needs some anger management counseling. He needs to learn to handle his impulse control and know when to take a step back and when to move forward. That takes time and comes with experience.

If he’s found not guilty we as supporters and the club has two choices. Either support him (and give him our love) under the condition that he’s willing to rehabilitate himself to a better man and partner or just abandon him.

Regardless of social media and opinions from the outside world United simply can’t continue the same road as they did with Mason.

jem

Did a bit of digging and seen that Ingrid Lana has a bit of previous, went to the press about someone else a couple of years ago, but they didn't print it as they thought it seemed like a setup.
Any links to this previous situation?

Unam333

He really is a confident fecker isn't? Showing up on television, the way he talks oozes arrogance and confidence. Different as night and day compared to Prince Andrew's.
The breast implant issue was quite interesting.

mu4c_20le

He really is a confident fecker isn't? Showing up on television, the way he talks oozes arrogance and confidence. Different as night and day compared to Prince Andrew's.
He talks like he knows there's no audio/video evidence. I'm more curious about him rushing to do the interview specifically addressing one person's accusations when there's two more coming out this weekend.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Not all. I'm a bit busy. I've said nobody should be suspended on mere allegations. Is that enough for you?

I just don't like the use of certain language towards alleged victims. Sorry if that offends you.

Do you interrogate in all directions?

Edit - no need to answer, your posts and warnings on Greenwood are not exactly balanced or sympathetic to the formerly alleged victim there either. You're quite the charmer.
Nah. You defend what suits your agenda. You are just one of the social media pitchfork brigade. Of course you are busy for certain things and not for others. Also please keep your petty sarcasm to yourself. Cheers.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Men should standing up against women trying to take advantage of men, Some women have gotten away with falsely accusing men and that ain't fair.

I'm not saying this case is that but the General assumption once a case like this is brought public is that the man is guilty.

Antony is innocent until proven other wise, the Club shouldn't suspend him.

Cantonagotmehere

That's the worry. This stuff happens a ton too. Then trials, prelim, etc...can take forever.

It's hard to take away a livelihood with out certainty. What a shite show. (of course if he did these horrific things i hope he ends up behind bars).

Unam333

He talks like he knows there's no audio/video evidence. I'm more curious about him rushing to do the interview specifically addressing one person's accusations when there's two more coming out this weekend.
If there are no audio/video evidence then it's hard to deliver a verdict. I don't think the other two ladies have audio or video evidence to back up their claims. One did filed a complaint to police, but let's see. Innocent until proven guilty.

Ted Lasso

If there are no audio/video evidence then it's hard to deliver a verdict. I don't think the other two ladies have audio or video evidence to back up their claims. One did filed a complaint to police, but let's see. Innocent until proven guilty.
How do you prove domestic violence when there is physical trauma but there is no recorded proof audio of video? For every Amber Heard case there's a dozen actual victims who've got no recourse. It's an awful situation for the victims and a challenging one for the legal system.

"Innocent until proven guilty" is as antiquated and barbaric here as sharia law. In fact, quite ironically the kind of burden of proof some are expecting here of the women is the very same that the Saudis do for women. It heavily heavily favors the men whether adultery or violence.

I don't know or have any ideas to make it better but certainly being steadfast in the old ways of addressing it is the worst thing that could happen.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Nah. You defend what suits your agenda. You are just one of the social media pitchfork brigade. Of course you are busy for certain things and not for others. Also please keep your petty sarcasm to yourself. Cheers.
If you're going to start throwing accusations about then back them up. So what's my agenda?

Social media pitchfork brigade? That's nonsensical word salad, my only participation in social media is pretty pictures of the countryside. But hey why let facts colour your opinion?

Petty sarcasm is the only way to let me indicate what I think of the posts I read back and saw without breaching the site rules. So petty sarcasm it is, you absolutely delightful renaissance man. X

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
He might be telling the truth. Or really believe his own perspective.

BootsyCollins

How do you prove domestic violence when there is physical trauma but there is no recorded proof audio of video? For every Amber Heard case there's a dozen actual victims who've got no recourse. It's an awful situation for the victims and a challenging one for the legal system.

"Innocent until proven guilty" is as antiquated and barbaric here as sharia law. In fact, quite ironically the kind of burden of proof some are expecting here of the women is the very same that the Saudis do for women. It heavily heavily favors the men whether adultery or violence.

I don't know or have any ideas to make it better but certainly being steadfast in the old ways of addressing it is the worst thing that could happen.
Agreed. The problem with that saying is that then everyone who can f.ex pay themself out of legal consequences is innocent.

Or anyone who is corrupt enough to avoid a verdict is innocent.

hobbers

Yikes.

Should the burden of proof be on the accused party to prove they were not violent? Is that the sort of dystopia we're aiming for?

Cloud7

He seems genuinely adamant that what he’s saying is the truth. Curious to see where this goes after all of this. If things really did happen as he is being accused of, you would think he might opt to remain silent and say nothing rather than give these public denials.

BootsyCollins

Has happened to pro athletes in the States. But as always its super hard to prove and for sure you need to take everything seriously and investigate. The truth may never come out of course.

Maybe I should not have said 'a ton', sorry for that.
Yes it does happen. I only reacted because compared to women actually being abused by men it almost does not happens at all.

Its really sad when it does actually happens thought, not only for the person who is falsely accused, but also for all the other women who will have a harder time being belived in real cases.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

:houllier:

How can you call it antiquated while conceding that there isn't a better standard that exists?

lsd

The Oracle
He seems genuinely adamant that what he’s saying is the truth. Curious to see where this goes after all of this. If things really did happen as he is being accused of, you would think he might opt to remain silent and say nothing rather than give these public denials.

Not sure how that logic works "he's innocent because he says he is"?

His accusers seem pretty adamant too that he's guilty

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us

Yes, you're right. Let's try "guilty until proven innocent". I'm sure it'll work better.

Godfather

I usually keep out of the Greenwood talk and this thread as the waffle spouted in both threads is unbearable to read but this really takes the cake.

dave1956

I believe that he should be treated by the club as they treated Greenwood. Suspend and banish him from the club, then conduct a private investigation into his conduct and finally release him.

As a club they have set the agenda by the way they dealt with Greenwood.

tomaldinho1

I believe that he should be treated by the club as they treated Greenwood. Suspend and banish him from the club, then conduct a private investigation into his conduct and finally release him.

Genuinely why?

Crimson King

Except they dealt with that poorly. For instance, the investigation should have been conducted by someone external and independent of the club.

Crimson King

Stick to the comedy, Ted.

TheReligion

Abusive

Although they haven’t released Greenwood..

Syphon Wallet

The audio evidence put Greenwood in that situation, all cases are not the same.
The club needs to assess the evidence in this case.