Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Zlaatan

Parody Account
The Shield was epic! I really enjoyed it and it's such a nice blend of everything, full of drama and action of course and also very funny at times with some truly horrible crimes sprinkled in for good measure. Really recommend it!

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
The Shield was epic! I really enjoyed it and it's such a nice blend of everything, full of drama and action of course and also very funny at times with some truly horrible crimes sprinkled in for good measure. Really recommend it!
Ive been wanting to watch it for ages but decided to hold out for the remaster. Its taken way longer than I expected tho, I thought itd be a few months. Its been well over 2 years since the announcement!

Tarrou

Dark is confusing the feck outta me. No flocking clue what is going on but I like it.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Morning. Wanna start a new show but don't know what to watch on Amazon Prime. Any suggestions?

Alock1

Morning. Wanna start a new show but don't know what to watch on Amazon Prime. Any suggestions?
Ray Donovan, Goliath, American Gods, Americans, Sneaky Pete. All pretty good but none are great, not sure I have seen any amazing shows on Amazon yet.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Anyone seen Knightfall on HBO? Any good?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Ray Donovan, Goliath, American Gods, Americans, Sneaky Pete. All pretty good but none are great, not sure I have seen any amazing shows on Amazon yet.
Cheers. I started watching Black Sails on the back of a recommendation. 2eps in but it haven't really gripped me yet.

How about Vikings? That was a recommendation by the same person.

Loublaze

ATLien
Anyone seen Knightfall on HBO? Any good?
Is it being shown on HBO in the UK? Interesting. Its a History channel production. I'd imagine it would be more gritty and graphic if HBO produced it. Recorded the first episode and watched it last night. Its a slow burner and not very engaging. Some of the acting is really good, and some just bland and wooden. The last ten minutes were better than the rest of the episode so im going to stick with it and see where it goes

Cheers. I started watching Black Sails on the back of a recommendation. 2eps in but it haven't really gripped me yet.

How about Vikings? That was a recommendation by the same person.
Vikings is really good. Shot beautifully and the performances are good all round. I Floki to be the most engaging character. The accents are weird but you'l get used to them. Not directly comparing it to GoT as they are completely different shows but its the closest thing to it IMO
I like Bosch, its pretty amazing. Z for Zelda is another good one, so are Mozart in the jungle and Hand of God, IMO. 'The last tycoon' is another very promising one, based on F. Scott Fitzgerald s final novel I believe

Last edited:

Kostov

I'm not sure this is the right thread but I need help finding a show I watched as a child on local TV.

It was an American police show from 1995-2005 probably, about a uniform police officers every day's job. I've got very little memory apart from few episodes, one in which there was a sniper incident and I think it spawned in 2-3 episodes in which one of the police officers got out of cover and confronted the sniper with a shotgun. In other plot line there was a tunnel accident involved.

I know that's very little info but it's all I remember and I thought I give it a shot with you guys.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Is it being shown on HBO in the UK? Interesting. Its a History channel production. I'd imagine it would be more gritty and graphic if HBO produced it. Recorded the first episode and watched it last night. Its a slow burner and not very engaging. Some of the acting is really good, and some just bland and wooden. The last ten minutes were better than the rest of the episode so im going to stick with it and see where it goes
Don’t know, but it’s being showed in Denmark. It looks decent so I’ll probably check it out. Thanks!

Loublaze

ATLien
I'm not sure this is the right thread but I need help finding a show I watched as a child on local TV.

It was an American police show from 1995-2005 probably, about a uniform police officers every day's job. I've got very little memory apart from few episodes, one in which there was a sniper incident and I think it spawned in 2-3 episodes in which one of the police officers got out of cover and confronted the sniper with a shotgun. In other plot line there was a tunnel accident involved.

I know that's very little info but it's all I remember and I thought I give it a shot with you guys.
NYPD Blue? Ran from 93 to 05

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Ive been wanting to watch it for ages but decided to hold out for the remaster. Its taken way longer than I expected tho, I thought itd be a few months. Its been well over 2 years since the announcement!
Shawn Ryan said the other day that they should have the 4K remaster completed by March 2018 so expect a release sometime next year hopefully April/May time. Excellent TV show, can't wait to watch it again in 4K.

Mal donaghy

Crossroads hotel it’s a bit dated but extremely efficiently acted.
Watch for the character called “Benny” he is a lovable chap!

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
The name of the TV show I was looking for is High Incident, and it has Steven Spielberg as one of the producers. I had to go one by one on a list of all police TV shows, but I found it, to my surprise even.:D
@Mrs Smoker I found it!

Thanks for the help anyway!;)
Only 2 seasons, probably why many wouldn't know this series - I've actually never heard of it

Loublaze

ATLien
The name of the TV show I was looking for is High Incident, and it has Steven Spielberg as one of the producers. I had to go one by one on a list of all police TV shows, but I found it, to my surprise even.:D
@Mrs Smoker I found it!

Thanks for the help anyway!;)
Ah ok. A Spielberg dud ratings wise. Im sure it was decent

Kostov

Only 2 seasons, probably why many wouldn't know this series - I've actually never heard of it
Yes, I read it was a let down rating wise and they canceled it. I was pretty young and maybe I will be too, when I watch it again.

Ah ok. A Spielberg dud ratings wise. Im sure it was decent
Yes, the rating is low for a TV show, but I will give it a try.

Loublaze

ATLien
Yes, I read it was a let down rating wise and they canceled it. I was pretty young and maybe I will be too, when I watch it again.

Yes, the rating is low for a TV show, but I will give it a try.
I meant the viewership ratings, no one was watching it but from what I read it was up against 'Friends' on Thursday nights. A cop reviewed it on IMDB and considered it the greatest cop show ever

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Did a quick search here and couldn't find any discussion on The Crown with Claire Foy as QE II.
I'm no monarchist but it's quite easy to watch.
Not sure yet how far it's going to go; We're up to the part where the Princess just started hanging out with the photographer and Prince Philip got back from his 5 month overseas trip.

Interesting to see the various PMs too and the quick nod to Profumo. Quite topical now that Keeler just died.

Donut

The Good Place

It has a certain charm, but its main problem is that it's just not funny at all. I also don't like any of the characters besides Ted Danson. It's ok to pass the time while you do the dishes.

Kostov

I meant the viewership ratings, no one was watching it but from what I read it was up against 'Friends' on Thursday nights. A cop reviewed it on IMDB and considered it the greatest cop show ever
From the little I've rewatched it's very good indeed. It's very difficult to find the full show online. I started watching it on Youtube, not sure how I'm going to find the complete two seasons though.

Jig1234

Did a quick search here and couldn't find any discussion on The Crown with Claire Foy as QE II.
Not sure yet how far it's going to go; We're up to the part where the Princess just started hanging out with the photographer and Prince Philip got back from his 5 month overseas trip.

Interesting to see the various PMs too and the quick nod to Profumo. Quite topical now that Keeler just died.
I just finished season 2. I kinda missed John Lithgow. I think Claire & Margaret are the best part of this show. Season 3 will feel weird without them all.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Who gives a feck about it being remastered? It's gritty and messy, watch it with the current version.

Rooney in Paris

Scout

There's a thread dedicated to it.

GBBQ

Watched The Sinner on Netflix. I think a lot of the twists and turns are too manufactured and can't really be guessed at before hand which for me is the murder mystery drama equivalent of a 'jump scare' from a horror movie. Its always better when clues are hidden in plain sight but this show just keeps blindsiding you with improbable situations and motivations. That being said, its extremely well made, well acted and always watchable so we flew through it.

Alock1

Who gives a feck about it being remastered? It's gritty and messy, watch it with the current version.
There's so much TV that I wasn't desperate to watch it, so thought I might aswel wait a few months as I thought The Wire remaster was awesome. Now I've waited so long I might aswel continue.

I'm sure that like The Wire, it doesn't really need it though.

You rate it then?

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I started watching The Orville yesterday, and I think it is good.

The humor is hit and miss, but I am a sucker for scifi so I'll accept it.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
There's so much TV that I wasn't desperate to watch it, so thought I might aswel wait a few months as I thought The Wire remaster was awesome. Now I've waited so long I might aswel continue.

I'm sure that like The Wire, it doesn't really need it though.

You rate it then?
I do - it's pure entertainment at its finest, it's tense, gritty, almost heartbreaking at times and it hooked me like very few other shows have. It also has the added benefit of having one of the best TV show endings.
Do you really want to watch an angry bald guy breaking down doors in crisp quality?
:lol:

Them splinters though :drool:

Dan

I really liked the first episode of Manhunt: Unabomber.

It’s just arrived on Netflix UK.