Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Spoony

The People's President
Anything comparable to for you so far?

Came across this a few weeks ago, but then saw it was cancelled after 2 seasons, so didn't bother with it, but after checking some reddit threads, it seems it has an ending you can live with but still a bit of a cliffhanger.

If I run out of other series I may try it, but for now it's on the back burners.

It's a sci-fi set in Berlin, and it's pretty convoluted. From what I've gathered the protagonist is a Jack Beuer type. I'd give it a go...it's very good.

Spoony

The People's President
Well Jack Bauer is one of if not THE greatest of Protagonists, right @esmufc07 so most definitely will give it a go, but not before I got onto Doom Patrol :)
I've only seen two episode but that's the vibe I get!

I've finished all three seasons of Doom Patrol, I loved the fact it was character driven with accidental superheroes full of flaws.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Anything comparable to for you so far?

Came across this a few weeks ago, but then saw it was cancelled after 2 seasons, so didn't bother with it, but after checking some reddit threads, it seems it has an ending you can live with but still a bit of a cliffhanger.

If I run out of other series I may try it, but for now it's on the back burners.
Season 1 was good enough to watch season 2 but I got bored with season 2 and when it was cancelled I stopped watching half way through never to return.

atkar83

One weird show thats hard to recommend is Dave. Most of season 1 was some of the funniest stuff I've seen on tv. Like multiple laugh out loud moments with a great cast and sharp writing. But they also have a habit of making more 'artsy' episodes which completely get rid of the comedy...some work (Gator based episodes), but most don't. And the 2nd season lost most of its humor. Its a weird show where they don't know if they want to make it a comedy or dramedy or whatever.

Spoony

The People's President
Season 1 was good enough to watch season 2 but I got bored with season 2 and when it was cancelled I stopped watching half way through never to return.
Counterpart?

It's a bit Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. I'm 7 episodes in and enjoying so far. It's blinking convoluted though - can't switch off.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Counterpart?

It's a bit Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. I'm 7 episodes in and enjoying so far. It's blinking convoluted though - can't switch off.
Yes. It is convoluted. By mid season 2 I ceased to care much and once cancelled I never went back.

frostbite

Just watched the 6th and final episode of the first season of Slow Horses (Apple+).

Fantastic show! It is a spy show with rejects. Gary Oldman is great, and all the other actors are good, too. The story respects the intelligence of the viewer and makes sense. Recommended!

Spoony

The People's President
I've got Tokyo Vice, Severance and Ted Lasso on my list. It's great that Apple TV's doing a free month's trial.

massi83

Winning time showed some promise but is actually total garbage. Why have they made so many changes to pretty much all the characters? As well as actual scores of the games. None of the changes even make the storyline any better. And the basketball scenes are pretty much worst sporting scenes in the history of tv. Should have given up couple of episodes ago.

Dan-Utd

Killing Eve on the BBC1 is a good comedy, it's billed as a drama/thriller but it's so predictable and the bits that are supposed to be scary are as funny as Only Fools and Whorses, so it's well worth the watch.

Widow

I've just finished s2 of Mr Inbetween. This show is a real diamond. I put off watching as it just didn't sound interesting but feck, that was a mistake.

A truly great watch and it feels slept on in the UK

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I thought the first season of Your Honor was sensational.

Not sure what the story is with season 2. I'd be very disappointed if it didn't happen.

Spoony

The People's President
I've just finished s2 of Mr Inbetween. This show is a real diamond. I put off watching as it just didn't sound interesting but feck, that was a mistake.

It's good but I stopped watching it. Anyway, I'm still loving Counterpart...I'm on the second season.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

The season 3 finale is one if the best bits of TV ever.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
It's good but I stopped watching it. Anyway, I'm still loving Counterpart...I'm on the second season.
Keep watching. Way better than Counterpart and they nail the landing on the final episode -season 3.

SirAnderson

I envy anyone watching it for the first time, easily one of my favorite short series ever.
While I wish they made more, I think part of its perfection is it's length.