Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Spoony

The People's President
:lol:
This is exactly why I am hesitant to give it a try. Don't think it will live up to its hype. :lol:

I wouldn't bother. It's really as simple as that. I didn't care much for the flash backs of teen girls, college life and all that jazz...nor did I care for where they were in the present day. By the way, I enjoyed Servence, interesting Kafkaesque story but I'm not too convinced it won't do a Lost.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Is house of cards worth persisting with? Watched the first episode and I'm really not drawn but I felt similar with Homeland at the same point and ended up loving it.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
We Own This City is good. Bernthal is an odd actor though. He ranges from great to shite in a lot of things I've seen him in.

Is house of cards worth persisting with? Watched the first episode and I'm really not drawn but I felt similar with Homeland at the same point and ended up loving it.
No, it falls apart.

The last season is a massive shitshow after Spacey was understandably sacked.

redcucumber

Severence is a good watch. Loads of questions but not many answers though.
Surprised this isn't getting more love. That first season was genuinely one of the best things I've ever seen. They just absolutely nailed it. Fantastic theme song, too.

peridigm

Watching That Dirty Black Bag now. It's slow but good. Has a bit of a Tarantino vibe to it.

wr8_utd

:'(

New show on Hulu - The Bear. This looks pretty good to me, has had some good reviews and has one of the main characters from Shameless in the lead here.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Yellowstone - really enjoying it

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I love Yellowstone and I believe 1883 is just as brilliant, even more highly rated as things stands, than Yellowstone, but March 13 is the date for me, that's when all 12 episodes are finally out then will start watching. 10 are current out with the latest one dropping yesterday.

While I don't think you will be disappointed, I'm still unsure how good it will be, but from the little I've seen (not too much), it looks great.
finally started watching 1883. On episode 5 now and this is really good. Brilliant television actually.

Donut

Watched the first episode of Tokyo Vice. It’s quite… different, but I’m not all in yet, will try another episode or two.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yeah. Watched It without having seen a single episode of Yellowstone and it worked independently too. Wonderful visuals and a tight knit story told brilliantly.
Yeah, I'm a big Yellowstone watcher but this worked independently as well. As you mentioned, it's really great television with great performances all around.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Yes, up until towards the end. I don’t remember when…the season right before or after Spacey was canned maybe.
The boys get any better?
It is one of the best shows going, if you’re into that sort of thing.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
@harshad @SirAnderson
Finished 1883 over the weekend. I really enjoyed it. I don't think they quite nailed the latter part of the show - it wasn't quite as gripping as the strong start (they focused a little too much on the daughter and her escapades, I thought) but still well worth it and an excellent show overall.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Started American Crime Story - Impeachment today. Sarah Paulson’s portrayal of Linda Tripp is stellar.

SirAnderson

@harshad @SirAnderson
Finished 1883 over the weekend. I really enjoyed it. I don't think they quite nailed the latter part of the show - it wasn't quite as gripping as the strong start (they focused a little too much on the daughter and her escapades, I thought) but still well worth it and an excellent show overall.
Agreed on the latter part of the show. It was kind of just waiting to see how the inevitable unfolded. But yeah, it got a bit crazy keeping up with all her adventures. Kinda gave me westworld vibes at times.

wr8_utd

I smashed through this and loved it.
Yup, I finished this over the last 3 days as well and I was left wanting more. I'm not aware of how accurate a depiction of a kitchen the show is but the acting is really good and its a very easy watch. Carmen, the lead, is a lot better than he was in Shameless.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Good to hear The Bear is well received. The snippets of kitchen scenes I saw on the previews were evocative of real life.

Anyone seen Baghdad Central? It just popped up in my Hulu recs.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Started Banshee. On to the second season. Dumb but watchable fun.

The main character's face should be a jigsaw of scars but every episode he heals up.

Proctor is a good character.

Ana/Carrie is a pain in the fecking hole. I really hope her family just tells her to piss off.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Finished season one of only murders in the building

Rather enjoyed it, but disappointed that the series ended like that, I knew there was a second season but was hoping it’d be a brand new storyline, though I haven’t watched it yet so maybe it’ll continue to be good. I have a soft spot for crime movies that are a bit camp, like Clue or Knives Out and found this to be as fun to watch. Not convinced by Selena Gomez as an actress though.

lsd

The Oracle
Finished season one of only murders in the building

Rather enjoyed it, but disappointed that the series ended like that, I knew there was a second season but was hoping it’d be a brand new storyline, though I haven’t watched it yet so maybe it’ll continue to be good. I have a soft spot for crime movies that are a bit camp, like Clue or Knives Out and found this to be as fun to watch. Not convinced by Selena Gomez as an actress though.
I enjoyed it and was looking forward to season 2 which started off great then I saw a certain female enter and now no longer watch it

wr8_utd

Three episodes into Black Bird and I'm definitely liking it so far. Yet another serial killer show but it's different from whst you usually get.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Gotta say “The Old Man” and “The Condor” are shows under the radar that are probably the best written shows about spies since Homelands first few seasons.

HookedOnAPhelan

Watched the first episode of Tokyo Vice. It’s quite… different, but I’m not all in yet, will try another episode or two.
I love Michael Mann (I know he's just a producer, but still), but Tokyo Vice just didn't appeal to me. Can't even remember if I watched all the episodes. Well made, but that's it.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Anyone rating the new resident evil show?
There is a thread for it.

I dont think it is as bad as everyone is saying, but still not great. The Lance Reddick timeline is pretty good. The other timeline is awful. Its like two different shows directed by different people.

Last edited:

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Gotta say “The Old Man” and “The Condor” are shows under the radar that are probably the best written shows about spies since Homelands first few seasons.
My enjoyment of the old man started really high but as the season progressed I found it to be steadily decreasing as the plot became less and less believable and the dialogue has almost completely fallen off a cliff. Well made show though which was set up well at least.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
My enjoyment of the old man started really high but as the season progressed I found it to be steadily decreasing as the plot became less and less believable and the dialogue has almost completely fallen off a cliff. Well made show though which was set up well at least.
Have you tried the Condor? I don’t know if you remember the original movie from the 70s starring Robert Redford. But it was one of the the three paranoid spy films from that era( Marathon Man, Three Days of the Condor, and Parralex View”. Worth digging into.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Have you tried the Condor? I don’t know if you remember the original movie from the 70s starring Robert Redford. But it was one of the the three paranoid spy films from that era( Marathon Man, Three Days of the Condor, and Parralex View”. Worth digging into.
Three Days of the Condor is one of my favorite films. Condor is a pretty good extension of it.