Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Thought From was Brillant, very good watch and there will be a second series.
Great to see a few folk have found it - really enjoyed it too. Just desperately hope:
they have some resolution and explanation in mind. I'm very, very scarred by Lost

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Nathan Fielder has something new out soon. Have no idea what it is but after Nathan For You and How To With John Wilson I’m already on board.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Watched the first episode of Raised By Wolves last night and really liked it.

Googled it only to see it was cancelled after 2 seasons. Feck sake.

SirAnderson

Anyone seen Snowfall?
Yeah it's quite good, I'm actually behind on it, got about 2 or 3 seasons to catch up on. Waited a year for a season, think there was a long delay or something, so I ended up with a full queue and it landed on the back burner, but it is really good.

Someone here is up-to-date though, can't remember who now, but they said the current season is still going strong quality wise, so really looking forward to getting to it again.

Not sure what to compare it to. Maybe an American version of Top Boy perhaps, but not as much death?

Was planning to watch We Own this City, but you got me thinking why I've put it off for so long, I think I should actually watch season 3 this weekend :lol:

SirAnderson

Main reason it's not on my list, unless I really have nothing to watch, which is like never.
Just hate it when seemingly good series get binned, and you get other trash that goes on for 5 seasons or more.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yeah it's quite good, I'm actually behind on it, got about 2 or 3 seasons to catch up on. Waited a year for a season, think there was a long delay or something, so I ended up with a full queue and it landed on the back burner, but it is really good.

Someone here is up-to-date though, can't remember who now, but they said the current season is still going strong quality wise, so really looking forward to getting to it again.

Not sure what to compare it to. Maybe an American version of Top Boy perhaps, but not as much death?

Was planning to watch We Own this City, but you got me thinking why I've put it off for so long, I think I should actually watch season 3 this weekend :lol:
Groovy. It is 90% on RT with universal acclaim. Into my queue it goes.

We Own This City was very good imo, different enough from The Wire to make it unique. A fun rabbit hole is to do research on Berenthal’s character, he seems the right cnut!

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

Brilliant bar the last episode.

But yea wont watch the second season given it has been binned now.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The first episode of The Old Man was good. It isn't anything new but a pretty decent cast.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
We Own This City

Wonderful show. Biggest problem is it's too short and only a mini-series. It could have been at least twice as long and still maintained the quality. It's definitely comparable in quality to the Wire although it does lack the depth of a larger cast due to the small quantity of episodes.

Widow

You don't know me - BBC (on Netflix)

Really good narrative driven show. The synopsis didn't do the program justice and I don't want to ruin it.

Great acting and a really good story well deserved, give it a watch

Spoony

The People's President
Watched the first episode of Severence. I hope the plot isn't a gimmick that will invariably dissapoint when it unravels.

SirAnderson

Critics were blah on it, but The Offer was a very good miniseries.
Critics and audience haven't been as far apart as they are these days. Audience rates it quite high on RT, 97%.
Personally, I'm a bit skeptical of the plot itself. Doesn't sound very interesting for me. Also, don't like Miles Teller, he has such a punchable face. :lol:

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Starting watching Night Sky with J.K simmons and sissy spacek, sci-fi drama show. Im on ep 4, finding it very slow paced but i'll stick with it, hopefully it improves.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Anyone seen The Bear? Just saw the advert for it & it captures BOH restaurant life seemingly well.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Two episodes in to ‘From’ and they may as well have called it Lost 2.0. Still feel like watching it some more though just about. Dialogue is a bit crap and cringeworthy.

RedDevilRoshi

Man vs Bee on netflix is really funny. Episodes are short though.
Watched that last week, really good silly entertainment from Rowan Atkinson.

With the episodes being so short - x9 10-15 mins each, it would have been better as a film rather than a series.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Watching "the pirate gold of Adak island" just because I'm bored and want background noise.

What absolute shite :lol: amazingly shite you need to watch it.

The simplest tasks they feck about and go the most round about hardest way to sort it. A cut is a life threatening injury. The can't just hire machinery, they gotta Frankenstein it outta scrap.

Also, the woman is the worst actor ever "what is that?" When she's clearly seen it way earlier. Always walks straight to the spot where something is too.

It's shit but I can't stop watching :lol:

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Currently watching the Lincoln Lawyer which is really good. It is very like Amazons Bosch. Same writer of the books.
Thanks of reminding me, i had Bosch on my list for a long while, watching it now and its *very* good (i am at season 4 currently, which doesn't start as good as the other 3 i hope it picks up speed..)

I fond the Lincoln Lawyer to have many similarities to "Goliath" with Billy Bob Thornton

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Critics were blah on it, but The Offer was a very good miniseries.
Critics and audience haven't been as far apart as they are these days. Audience rates it quite high on RT, 97%.
Personally, I'm a bit skeptical of the plot itself. Doesn't sound very interesting for me. Also, don't like Miles Teller, he has such a punchable face. :lol:
I think if you liked the Godfather, it's a must see. There are some annoying things about it, but overall it's engrossing and the cast is great - Teller does a great job as the lead, and Matthew Goode is amazing as Bob Evans. The soundtrack is good, and the reconstitution of that era is done perfectly. If you've read stuff about the production of the Godfather, you might not learn so much, but there's still a few anecdotes I hadn't heard of. Overall, it's a solid watch, very enjoyable.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I think if you liked the Godfather, it's a must see. There are some annoying things about it, but overall it's engrossing and the cast is great - Teller does a great job as the lead, and Matthew Goode is amazing as Bob Evans. The soundtrack is good, and the reconstitution of that era is done perfectly. If you've read stuff about the production of the Godfather, you might not learn so much, but there's still a few anecdotes I hadn't heard of. Overall, it's a solid watch, very enjoyable.
Well put.