Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

SirAnderson

Finished watching the 100 a few weeks ago, I'd definitely recommend, the first 5 seasons. 6 and 7 were not up to the mark.

In fact, I'd say just aim to watch season 1 (13 episodes), then evaluate if you want more of that. I quite liked it.
Agree with all the way to 5, perhaps even 6 at a stretch. I actually watched a recap for season 7 instead of watching the season, to see how it all ended and I'm glad I did, what a shite way to end it all after 5 good seasons.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Just finished The Girl from Oslo yesterday. Moderately interesting international kidnapping drama (Norway & Israel) that is similar to Tehran, except not as good.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Think I may have opined on this before, but Gaslit is a very good, a bit kooky miniseries on Watergate, but seen through a unique lens. Julia Roberts & Sean Penn are excellent in it as is the actor who plays John Dean.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Anybody ever watch Party Down? I think Paul Rudd was the writer on HBO. The ratings weren’t great so they canned it after 2/3 seasons but for a comedy it was brilliant.

choccy77

Obi Wan

Also.. I've started watching Justified on Amazon Prime.. its okay for a light binge watch

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Finished watching the 100 a few weeks ago, I'd definitely recommend, the first 5 seasons. 6 and 7 were not up to the mark.

In fact, I'd say just aim to watch season 1 (13 episodes), then evaluate if you want more of that. I quite liked it.
I couldn’t jam with this. I generally give sci-fi a longer leash, but this just felt like sci-fi for the teenage crowd.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Any specific genres you prefer?
Good point, here’s a list I compiled 5 years ago of the sort of stuff I liked. I’m not too keen on anything too ridiculous or far fetched (Lost about my limit there)

Lost
Dexter
Sherlock
Jonathan Creek
Making a Murderer
Breaking Bad / Better call Saul
The Office
Alan Partridge
Law and Order
Only Fools and Horses
Fawlty Towers
Boardwalk Empire
Prison Break
The Night Of
Bloodline
Father Ted
Red Dwarf
Blue Bloods
Poirot
Luther
The Inbeweeners
Homeland

SirAnderson

Good point, here’s a list I compiled 5 years ago of the sort of stuff I liked. I’m not too keen on anything too ridiculous or far fetched (Lost about my limit there)

Lost
Dexter
Sherlock
Jonathan Creek
Making a Murderer
Breaking Bad / Better call Saul
The Office
Alan Partridge
Law and Order
Only Fools and Horses
Fawlty Towers
Boardwalk Empire
Prison Break
The Night Of
Bloodline
Father Ted
Red Dwarf
Blue Bloods
Poirot
Luther
The Inbeweeners
Homeland
You could try out the Criminal mini series.
Criminal: UK
Criminal: France
Criminal: Spain
Criminal: Germany

In that order, even though they can stand alone.

kthanksbye

I couldn’t jam with this. I generally give sci-fi a longer leash, but this just felt like sci-fi for the teenage crowd.
I started watching it for the sci-fi but soon got into the character arcs and the storyline, so much that I didn't really care about the science. The interactions between grounders and the 100 was also what kept me hooked.

AaronRedDevil

Anyone here watch The Americans? Is it any good? I have D+ for a month or 2 and thinking about watching it. Is it like homeland type show or is it like NCIS with a Villain of the week thing.

Widow

Anyone here watch The Americans? Is it any good? I have D+ for a month or 2 and thinking about watching it. Is it like homeland type show or is it like NCIS with a Villain of the week thing.
It's very good.

I don't want to say much in fear of spoiling it but believe me, it's worth the watch.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It’s far more like Homeland dramatically, but nothing like Homeland in the plot, if that makes sense.

I highly recommend it, one of the best shows of its era.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Severance.

From
, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . If you really have some time to kill. Interesting main premise in this Lost lite show, but a bit boring and uninteresting new mysteries that they add every few minutes.

SirAnderson

It's already been replied to multiple times but adding to it just in case. It is excellent.
Some may not always enjoy the slow episodes at times but when it is in the zone, it's one of the best spy/espionage series out there.
My first will always currently be The Bureau, then it's The Americans.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I love Superstore. I think it's the best comedy I've seen in the last 5 - 10 years.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Agree with all the way to 5, perhaps even 6 at a stretch. I actually watched a recap for season 7 instead of watching the season, to see how it all ended and I'm glad I did, what a shite way to end it all after 5 good seasons.
We didn't get to the end of season 3. We didn't make a concious decision but got distracted with other shows and never went back as it seemed to have run out of ideas.