Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Watched a docufilm about Anthony Bourdain on Netflix last week so have been revisiting his Parts Unknown show on Amazon. If you’ve never watched this it’s still a really good watch.

AB makes me feel really sad mind you but still a very watchable show / guy.

pauldyson1uk

Watched a docufilm about Anthony Bourdain on Netflix last week so have been revisiting his Parts Unknown show on Amazon. If you’ve never watched this it’s still a really good watch.

AB makes me feel really sad mind you but still a very watchable show / guy.
I have watched them all a few times, all brilliant, he was a trouble man and sometime that showed.

Volumiza

I have watched them all a few times, all brilliant, he was a trouble man and sometime that showed.
Yeah, the human side of the host is what made the shows so great.

The documentary on Netflix is good. Roadrunner it’s called. Nothing new for fans of Bourdain but a good watch nonetheless.

pauldyson1uk

Yeah, the human side of the host is what made the shows so great.

The documentary on Netflix is good. Roadrunner it’s called. Nothing new for fans of Bourdain but a good watch nonetheless.
I have also seen that, well worth watching.
Some of the food he tried was , lets say a bit strange at time.
He liked a drink and a smoke and at time other stuff.
He never sugar coated it, he told you has it was, if he was rough you knew he was rough.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
My gf was begging me to watch F1: Drive to Survive but having no interest in the sport, I was a bit hesistant. But holy feck if this isnt great TV. I feel hooked on the sport! The drama, the rivalries, the driver backstories, their teams stories, the absolute majesty of an F1 car and the skills of the drivers. Its so fecking good.

Guess Ill be watching the GP on Sunday!

But anyways. F1: Drive to Survive. Its awesome regardless of your interest in the racing.

GueRed

My gf was begging me to watch F1: Drive to Survive but having no interest in the sport, I was a bit hesistant. But holy feck if this isnt great TV. I feel hooked on the sport! The drama, the rivalries, the driver backstories, their teams stories, the absolute majesty of an F1 car and the skills of the drivers. Its so fecking good.

Guess Ill be watching the GP on Sunday!

But anyways. F1: Drive to Survive. Its awesome regardless of your interest in the racing.
Decent shout I might give this a watch. One of my brothers keeps raving about it.

Might re-ignite my interest in the sport..

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Sassy the Sasquatch, the much anticipated spinoff about everyone’s favorite character from The Big Lez Show, has a few episodes out and it’s fantastic.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
The boys get any better?
If by ‘better’ you mean a guy shrinks to ant man size, and wanders into a guys dick hole, with that dick hole taking up the entirety of your tv…. Then that same person getting thrown into a huge bag of cocaine until he’s off his tiny tits…..

Then yes.

It’s the best show on tv. That that’s not even close to a spoiler is quite insane.

Volumiza

Decent shout I might give this a watch. One of my brothers keeps raving about it.

Might re-ignite my interest in the sport..
Yep. I bailed out of F1 shortly after Damon Hill quit. It was utter garbage back then at the start of ‘procession’ racing. Drive to survive has definitely got me back into the sport.

Season 3 was sh*t though, maybe understandable with covid. S4 much better, especially with that season climax.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
The new Andy Dwyer navy seal Amazon thing is utterly shite. Offensively so. Generic algorithm friendly brown noise.

If you’re not going to trust me, know that Joe Rogan is going all in on saying it’s brilliant.

Yes, it’s that bad.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
finally started watching 1883. On episode 5 now and this is really good. Brilliant television actually.
The young girls constant poetic commentary ruins it for me. Its too much about her and not the others. It needs more balance and I think Isobel May is a miscast in her role. She is just far too attractive for the role she is playing - a bit mad I know but that role needed a girl that was rougher around the edges.

Other than that and the amazing white teeth and Salon quality hair the women have its really good.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
The young girls constant poetic commentary ruins it for me. Its too much about her and not the others. It needs more balance and I think Isobel May is a miscast in her role. She is just far too attractive for the role she is playing - a bit mad I know but that role needed a girl that was rougher around the edges.

Other than that and the amazing white teeth and Salon quality hair the women have its really good.
Yeah i was having this discussion with @SirAnderson as well. Had a lot of promise and the first half of the show was pretty brilliant, i thought, but then it sort of descended into a romance novel. Ps she is pretty damn hot yeah.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Yeah i was having this discussion with @SirAnderson as well. Had a lot of promise and the first half of the show was pretty brilliant, i thought, but then it sort of descended into a romance novel. Ps she is pretty damn hot yeah.
I am about 6 episodes in and its at the point where I am debating whether to keep going with it.
Her constant poetry is grating - this show has really good potential to be a gritty western however the romance isnt required for me.

AaronRedDevil

Terminal list is bloody brilliant. Great action in it. Exactly what I was looking for.

Currently watching Lincoln lawyer on Netflix. Its pretty good so far

Keefy18

Started this last night, 2 episodes in and its absolutely superb!

One of Ray Liotta's final roles, a small enough part but he is fantastic in it.

Also, Paul Walter Hauser is fast becoming one of my favorite and most talented actors of this generation!

Keefy18

My enjoyment of the old man started really high but as the season progressed I found it to be steadily decreasing as the plot became less and less believable and the dialogue has almost completely fallen off a cliff. Well made show though which was set up well at least.
Agreed, absolute snore fest as well!

Genuinely struggled to stay awake by the 2nd episode!

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Started this last night, 2 episodes in and its absolutely superb!

One of Ray Liotta's final roles, a small enough part but he is fantastic in it.

Also, Paul Walter Hauser is fast becoming one of my favorite and most talented actors of this generation!

It's excellent, slow burner especially at the start but really kicks in after a while. Gives real True Detective vibes at times.

And yeah, Hauser is brilliant.

Keefy18

It's excellent, slow burner especially at the start but really kicks in after a while. Gives real True Detective vibes at times.

And yeah, Hauser is brilliant.
I, Tonya, Blackkklansman, Richard Jewell, Kingdom and some great comedic roles in Cobrai Kai, Community & Betas.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Stellar episode of Black Bird. Gotta love a show that uses Lo-Fidelity All Stars & Rabbit in the Moon tracks in back to back episodes.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Season 3 opener of City on a Hill dropped today. Good slow burn series starring Kevin Bacon in a very solid role.

tinfish

Supports
Arsenal
Vinland Saga. Japanese anime on netflix. If you like Viking history, mixed in with a simpler version of Game of Thrones - this is for you. Watch it, it's so good!

AaronRedDevil

Has anyone watched 3%? I watched thr forster 2 seasons years ago but I'm wondering does it ever go back to the trials again?

Roosney

The Tower on HBOMax, pretty solid cop / murder mystery miniseries based on some book series so there's more seasons to come.
The plot is a bit messy and puny but it's an entertaining watch never the less.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Watching Under the Banner of Heaven on Disney. So far (3 episodes in) it is brilliant.

lsd

The Oracle
Oooh that's for this, I enjoyed it. A recap is in order, but I remember it being excellent.

Happy days I do like that don't want to say it's up there with the wire but I do get similar vibes watching it

LInkash

Just watched Severance on Apple TV, really cool show.

A must watch if you like sci-fi and mystery.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
My enjoyment of the old man started really high but as the season progressed I found it to be steadily decreasing as the plot became less and less believable and the dialogue has almost completely fallen off a cliff. Well made show though which was set up well at least.
I enjoyed it all the way through but essentially ending S1 half way through was annoying. It felt like the finale was more like a mid season episode that would then have a filler episode and then build through 3 more episodes to a proper S1 finale.

AaronRedDevil

The reviews seem to be mainly very negative.
Yeah I dunno why. Thought it was overall a simple plot and it was solid enough to enjoy. A YouTuber I watch probably explains why but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the reason. Maybe Chris pratt is hated these days.

Last edited:

SirAnderson

I enjoyed it all the way through but essentially ending S1 half way through was annoying. It felt like the finale was more like a mid season episode that would then have a filler episode and then build through 3 more episodes to a proper S1 finale.
Darn was actually wanting to start this this week, but if it feels like a massive cliffhanger mid season stop then I'd rather wait till season 2 drops then.

So thanks for the heads up.

Backlog is crazy so it's fine.