Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

SirAnderson

The reviews seem to be mainly very negative.
I finished this just yesterday, but it took me over 3 weeks or more to finish. Not really because it wasn't good, it was, but there's just something missing from it.
It is a very simple plot in the end, but and you kind of just wanting to see how it all gets to the point you know it's getting to. Some of the stuff you they just expect you to accept is a bit ridiculous though, but guy is Jack Reacher and Ethan Hunt in 1.
But still, it's a decent watch.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
This looks good. I remember reading the exposé about what happened in the hospital. It was heart wrenching…

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Not new, but Manhunt: Unabomber is very good
Yes it is.

Apple is currently filming Manhunt: John Wilkes Booth at a couple of locations right around the corner from me. It’s interesting to see them transform a modern city square into one from 1865.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Yes it is.

Apple is currently filming Manhunt: John Wilkes Booth at a couple of locations right around the corner from me. It’s interesting to see them transform a modern city square into one from 1865.
Loved Mindhunter, even read the book which I don't do much anymore. Serial killers make great mysteries, if horribly gruesome ones.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Loved Mindhunter, even read the book which I don't do much anymore. Serial killers make great mysteries, if horribly gruesome ones.
Travesty that MH got kiboshed only after two years before it got to get really into the BTK killer.

neverdie

flatbush misdemeanors. i think it might be the best tv show of the year outside of the bear and blackbird. it's comedic but with a solid dramatic base. definitely recommened. second season is playing now with one epsiode left so technically came out last year i think.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
flatbush misdemeanors. i think it might be the best tv show of the year outside of the bear and blackbird. it's comedic but with a solid dramatic base. definitely recommened. second season is playing now with one epsiode left so technically came out last year i think.
Haven’t pulled the trigger on The Bear yet. How close do they capture a real BOH restaurant?

neverdie

Haven’t pulled the trigger on The Bear yet. How close do they capture a real BOH restaurant?
my sense of it was that it mixed the comedic with the dramatic more or less pefectly. a little overdone or excessively braggadocio in places but a really, really, good tv show. a serialized version of this imo.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11127680/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_12

though boiling point is a modern day masterpiece really. think it was one take. much more dramatic than the bear but the bear rewards you with decent comedic moments you find much of in boiling point. seemed quite realistic in the serving and preparation scenes and captured the madness you'd associate with a boh restaurant, the hectic pace and so on. boiling point does that too but the settings are much different.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
my sense of it was that it mixed the comedic with the dramatic more or less pefectly. a little overdone or excessively braggadocio in places but a really, really, good tv show. a serialized version of this imo

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11127680/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_12

though boiling point is a modern day masterpiece really. think it was one take. much more dramatic than the bear but the bear rewards you with decent comedic moments you find much of in boiling point.
Thanks for the reminder. I keep meaning to watch Boiling Point.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Finished Under the banner of Heaven. Absolutely sublime, probably the best show I have watched this year.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Five Days at Memorial - first three episodes are out, relatively short episodes. Pretty strong start. Unbelievable how much attention to detail they put into the show, especially the hospital, inside & out. Watch the BTS clips after the episodes to get an idea of the scale.

e - if you are unfamiliar with the horrors of Hurricane Katrina, this is a good crash course on the subject. The third episode really ramps that up pretty unflinchingly.

Last edited:

justsomebloke

Oldies but goodies: The Good Wife, and even more the spin-off, The Good Fight. If you enjoy courtroom drama with a wider context.

SirAF

Ageist
Five Days at Memorial - first three episodes are out, relatively short episodes. Pretty strong start. Unbelievable how much attention to detail they put into the show, especially the hospital, inside & out. Watch the BTS clips after the episodes to get an idea of the scale.

e - if you are unfamiliar with the horrors of Hurricane Katrina, this is a good crash course on the subject. The third episode really ramps that up pretty unflinchingly.
Definitely on my list.

SirAnderson

Oldies but goodies: The Good Wife, and even more the spin-off, The Good Fight. If you enjoy courtroom drama with a wider context.
The Good Wife was one of my favorite law related series definitely.

The Good Fight started off great, but really has fell of a cliff from season 4 for me.
It started to take itself less serious and some of the stuff were just silly. I think once Luca left also it went dull for me.

I really struggled to finish season 5 recently, the whole copy court thing was just nonsense for me. I see season 6 will be the last, will finish it for the sake of it, but it dropped off a lot for me. Hope it goes back to what made it good.

justsomebloke

The Good Wife was one of my favorite law related series definitely.

The Good Fight started off great, but really has fell of a cliff from season 4 for me.
It started to take itself less serious and some of the stuff were just silly. I think once Luca left also it went dull for me.

I really struggled to finish season 5 recently, the whole copy court thing was just nonsense for me. I see season 6 will be the last, will finish it for the sake of it, but it dropped off a lot for me. Hope it goes back to what made it good.
Yeah, I agree with that, it declined a bit towards the end. Especially the 5th.

That being said, not so much that it wasn't a nice surprise to discover there's a 6th season coming, I didn't know that. Thanks!

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Undercover is a good show on Netflix. It's a Belgian crime drama about a couple of undercover cops who infiltrate an ecstasy kingpin's inner circle. It's 3 seasons long. A good 8/10

lsd

The Oracle
Travesty that MH got kiboshed only after two years before it got to get really into the BTK killer.

There are talks between Netflix and Fincher about a third season at present.

Watching The Resort on Peacock and while I have no idea what's happening it is really well done and acted.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
There are talks between Netflix and Fincher about a third season at present.

Watching The Resort on Peacock and while I have no idea what's happening it is really well done and acted.
Great to hear. Hopefully the main characters are retained.

Maroon Lucifer

It's probably mentioned already but Under the Banner of Heaven. I have two episodes left and I cant wait to get off work so I can finish it.
Andrew Garfield is brillant.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Undercover is a good show on Netflix. It's a Belgian crime drama about a couple of undercover cops who infiltrate an ecstasy kingpin's inner circle. It's 3 seasons long. A good 8/10
Yep it's a very good show. If you like this try Undercover (Pod Prikritie) - it's a bulgarian series about the similar matter and in my opinion is the best in this genre (i have no idea if there is an english subtitle version of the seasons, if i remember right Netflix got them for a while but i am dunno whats the story now)... First 3 seasons are the best seasons i ever watched about mafia...

Andersons Dietician

This sounds a bit pretentious but like for the last month all I’ve done is watch K-dramas on Netflix and I still don’t understand a word of Korean but feck me the shows are good.

Alchemy of Souls
Backstreet Rookie
My Name (best thing on Netflix)
Hwrang
Live up to your name

I did fit in Sandman and some other crap but highly recommended having a look through the K drama section.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Anybody watch Gotham? Is it as good as Titans which I thought was great.

TrustInOle

This sounds a bit pretentious but like for the last month all I’ve done is watch K-dramas on Netflix and I still don’t understand a word of Korean but feck me the shows are good.

Alchemy of Souls
Backstreet Rookie
My Name (best thing on Netflix)
Hwrang
Live up to your name

I did fit in Sandman and some other crap but highly recommended having a look through the K drama section.
My name was incredible! Currently watching Stranger, on season 2 and has some brilliant writing, would recommend.

Andersons Dietician

Anybody watch Gotham? Is it as good as Titans which I thought was great.
it has ups and downs, but some of the highs are amazing. Some episodes are truly incredible where others are just a bit rubbish. Overall well worth a watch. A really famous character shows up who we will all know and the actor playing that character is amazing. It’s worth it just for them alone.

Andersons Dietician

My name was incredible! Currently watching Stranger, on season 2 and has some brilliant writing, would recommend.
I’ll keep an eye out for that. There are a few I have marked to watch. Currently watching The Kings Avatar which is a K-drama but still very good.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Haven't seen Titans but Gotham was great.
Titans is dark and violent which is ok by me. It was on HBO so no rules. Actually my favorite super hero show behind the Boys which is a whole different level.

atkar83

Finished the season of the show "From". Really liked it, it's like a combo of Lost and horror. Varied cast stuck in a small town that they get trapped in and something hunts them at night. I'd recommend if you liked the mystery building of Lost (even includes an actor from the show)

SerenityValley

Finished the season of the show "From". Really liked it, it's like a combo of Lost and horror. Varied cast stuck in a small town that they get trapped in and something hunts them at night. I'd recommend if you liked the mystery building of Lost (even includes an actor from the show)
Yeah, I enjoyed this. Am hoping this is getting a S2.

atkar83

Yeah, I enjoyed this. Am hoping this is getting a S2.
It wasn't available on any streaming service or channel in Canada so I had to use illegal means I haven't used in 10 years. Apparently Netflix owns the rights outside the US (where its on epix or something), hopefully it gains traction when it's released on it because there is potential.