Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I'm struggling to get through it. I suppose I should try again as I'm only 3 or 4 episodes in.
It takes about half the first season for Succession to really get good, then it is great for a while. But by the 3rd season the formula start starts getting tired and I find it a bit overrated in the end.

Like a video game with a simple but functional game play loop; it is really good at what it does, but it gets repetitive...

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
It takes about half the first season for Succession to really get good, then it is great for a while. But by the 3rd season the formula start starts getting tired and I find it a bit overrated in the end.

Like a video game with a simple but functional game play loop; it is really good at what it does, but it gets repetitive...
Think he was talking about Severance which is brilliant but I think your opinion on succession is very not good indeed

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Think he was talking about Severance which is brilliant but I think your opinion on succession is very not good indeed
Well hell, then that indeed is completely wrong. :( Thank you for the correction.

Not in regards to Succession though; I stand by that.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I’ve started watching ‘the night agent’ it’s on Netflix and it’s a series. Looks pretty good so far.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
OH YES, then straight on to Ashes to Ashes.
Well, hooked already on Life on Mars although it does help when Cream and Deep Purple are on the soundtrack for the first two episodes. I will be inquiring about Ashes to Ashes after I am done. Thanks

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
“Beef” on Netflix, so good. Watched 8 episodes and had to force ourselves to stop watching to sleep.
Did you finish?

binged this with my wife. Fantastic show overall. But I'm conflicted over the ending. It was perfect in some ways but the last 2 episodes got way heavier than I feel the first part was leading to but I do think it makes perfect sense from what they were going for. Really great to see them just doing one complete season that says everything they want to say and not trying to set up future seasons just to keep it going. Great writing overall and definitely need more shows like this that go outside the box.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
Did you finish?

binged this with my wife. Fantastic show overall. But I'm conflicted over the ending. It was perfect in some ways but the last 2 episodes got way heavier than I feel the first part was leading to but I do think it makes perfect sense from what they were going for. Really great to see them just doing one complete season that says everything they want to say and not trying to set up future seasons just to keep it going. Great writing overall and definitely need more shows like this that go outside the box.
Did you finish?

Yes. I didn't care for the last 2 episodes with the flashbacks. But overall one of the better series I've seen in a while. Acting and writing were very good

Raoul

Admin
Staff
On episode 6 at the moment. Pretty good. Some episodes noticeably better than others. It’s a very proprietary LA culture type piece.

SirAnderson

Well hell, then that indeed is completely wrong. :( Thank you for the correction.

Not in regards to Succession though; I stand by that.
I'm with you on Succession.
I went into it having seen how much it was rated on here and unfortunately it left me disappointed.

It has a good premise but the characters are also so freaking irritating or unlikeable at any given time. There are some good aspects but like you said, it's so repetitive. We on season 3 and we taking a break and maybe come back to it again at some point, but definitely not hurrying back to finish it.

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Beef sort of went downhill after episode 5 imo. They should’ve shortened it into 7 or so episodes instead of dragging it out as they did. The writers were also trying a bit too hard to be clever with the dialogue which got a bit tedious by the episode.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Has anyone watched the new Kiefer Sutherland show "Rabbit Hole?

Really enjoying this so far (4 episodes in) so many twists and turns it is probably something you have to watch twice. Kiefer Sutherland is back to his best with this series even though I enjoyed the 1st season of Designated Survivor. Always enjoy a good conspiracy series and this fits the bill.

TheGame

I binged both seasons over one weekend. Really loved it but honestly for me any kind of docuseries produced like that will have me hooked. I watched Age of Samurai a year or two ago and it was just as good.
Thanks for recommending this. Just seen it on Netflix. Great show. If you come across any others let me know.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Really enjoying this so far (4 episodes in) so many twists and turns it is probably something you have to watch twice. Kiefer Sutherland is back to his best with this series even though I enjoyed the 1st season of Designated Survivor. Always enjoy a good conspiracy series and this fits the bill.

I've been really enjoying Rabbit Hole. Not the best show ever, but definitely one of the best coming out right now (I still have to catch s2 of yellowjackets)

Spoony

The People's President
Doom Patrol season 4. Started it yesterday and it just seems pointless now. Also House of Dragons was another one that I couldn't be arsed with. I stopped watching after episode 4.

Nialler

Alex's Dad

Thanks for the reply, started watching it in the meantime and really enjoying it

TheGame

I've just finished Generation Kill and I was a bit disappointed to be honest since I saw a comment on here saying it was better than Band of Brothers. I thought it would have been better if it was about a more combative unit who were much more involved in Iraq so I think they have missed an opportunity there.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've just finished Generation Kill and I was a bit disappointed to be honest since I saw a comment on here saying it was better than Band of Brothers. I thought it would have been better if it was about a more combative unit who were much more involved in Iraq so I think they have missed an opportunity there.
I don't think it's better than BoB. However I think the fact that they weren't always involved was an interesting part. It seemed to me a very realistic portrayal of how it goes.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Those marines were, most of the time, the furthest/deepest units into Iraq involved in the initial invasion. The reason it seems like they weren't so involved in actual combat is because it was a deliberate tactic by General Mattis to send them way ahead of the rest, to penetrate through the towns and hamlets past the Iraqi army lines of defence as rapidly as possible without actually clearing them.

TheGame

Those marines were, most of the time, the furthest/deepest units into Iraq involved in the initial invasion. The reason it seems like they weren't so involved in actual combat is because it was a deliberate tactic by General Mattis to send them way ahead of the rest, to penetrate through the towns and hamlets past the Iraqi army lines of defence as rapidly as possible without actually clearing them.
Thanks, yeah figured that as it went along but just thought it may have been best documenting another unit to accurately reflect the war.

peridigm

Night Agent was meh. Horrible acting from the woman that plays the Secretary. She needs a new career.
Slow Horses was good.
Started watching Florida Man. I tried explaining the Florida Man meme to my wife so she would pickup on the news desk clips but I gave up.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Night Agent was meh. Horrible acting from the woman that plays the Secretary. She needs a new career.
Slow Horses was good.
Started watching Florida Man. I tried explaining the Florida Man meme to my wife so she would pickup on the news desk clips but I gave up.
I’m halfway through Night Agent & am struggling a bit.

The new Perry Mason on HBO has been entertaining through two episodes.

whitbyviking

I see the concluding season / episode (film length) of the Last Kingdom is on Netflix, will have a watch tonight if the kids give me a minute’s peace.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Halfway through the first episode (of three) of American Manhunt: The Boston Marathon Bombings on Netflix. Really well done so far, very immersive. Hard to believe that it happened ten years ago to the day.

Last edited:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Has anyone watched The Night Agent? Is it any good?
I enjoyed the first 6/7 episodes but the rather clunky script and acting is beginning to grate, especially as the plot is getting a bit silly later on. Only the finale to go so I'm going to stick with it.

Slow horses is a very different British spy show and far far better.