Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Trailer Park Boys.

You must watch at least 3 episodes though.

It's our (Canada) gift to the world.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Just started watching Homeland the other day ahead of the second season and I love it so far.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Trailer Park Boys still ranks highest for me above all else shows. Sheer genius.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
West Wing is very good, but The Wire is special. You won't watch anything quite like it.

Agent Red

Nearly finished series 1 of Breaking Bad in only a few days. Brilliant stuff.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Only gets better AR, season 4 is a thing of beauty.

prateik

I've heard a lot about Breaking bad. I downloaded the pilot when it had come out but never watched it.

Looks like I'll have to get the lot and start watching..

The_Red_Hope

I've heard a lot about Breaking bad. I downloaded the pilot when it had come out but never watched it.

Looks like I'll have to get the lot and start watching..
Say goodbye to your family, friends and work for the next week or two in that case.

TheBest

SPNTBP
:eek: 9.4 imdb rating. I am pretty sure that last time I checked it had around 8.8. I guess after prison break I'll get to it.

prateik

Say goodbye to your family, friends and work for the next week or two in that case.
Hah... That good?
A lot of people I know keep mentioning it as well. S1 downloading right now.. not sure when I'll get time to watch it though.

and I stopped watching Prison Break after S2. S1 was amazing.. they shouldve ended it after
the 'prison break'.

TheBest

SPNTBP
Hah... That good?
A lot of people I know keep mentioning it as well. S1 downloading right now.. not sure when I'll get time to watch it though.

and I stopped watching Prison Break after S2. S1 was amazing.. they shouldve ended it after
the 'prison break'.
I agree but still it did not become unbearable like lost

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
:eek: 9.4 imdb rating. I am pretty sure that last time I checked it had around 8.8. I guess after prison break I'll get to it.
Eugh....why Prison Break? The first season was very good, but after that it turned into pure shite.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Never seen The Wire but The West Wing is my favorite TV show ever made, is it really that good? The dialog would have to be pretty special to beat the WW.
West Wing is and always will be my number 1, but yes, The Wire is fantastic. It's a completely different show, but the story is absolutely brilliant and so diverse, it just has to be watched. If you watch the first few episodes and aren't feeling it, don't be put off, it grows and grows and soon you'll be chaining episodes until the early hours every night.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Oh and having just watched Season 6 of Dexter (wish I hadn't) I'm now without a new show.

I've got Season 1 of Sons of Anarchy downloading at the moment so going to start that, but I'm open to suggestions for other things to watch.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Read my post on the last page, go from tier to tier if you have seen all in that group.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
How come you've no love for foreign series, Hectic? Some of them are quality.

You should try one of Deadwood or Rome, Nick.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Recommend me a few Brwned, I'm completely open to them, I suppose it's just ignorance on my part.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
I know it is a bit lame-o but 'Once Upon a Time' is quite a good show.
Started as something easy to watch for the misses but I got right into it.

It's very tame but it has a sprinkling of titties (not unsheathed boob but some good cleavage) and some great acting. Robert Carlyle is fantastic in it as Rumplestiltskin.

Sally Cinnamon

Anybody watched that Italian series Romanzo Criminale? Heard good things about it. I've also got Hatufim (Prisoners of War) recorded on Sky but still haven't watched it yet.

Brwned

Recommend me a few Brwned, I'm completely open to them, I suppose it's just ignorance on my part.
Riget (The Kingdom) is batshit crazy in some ways but definitely worth a watch. Forbrydelsen (The Killing) and Bron/Broen (The Bridge) are two Swedish/Danish crime-dramas. Different spin on a worn-out genre with more character and depth than any US equivalent. The only criticism over Forbrydelsen is it's a little formulaic and cliffhanger-reliant but if you like 24 you're bound to like this. Bron/Broen's a bit different, two really engaging leads and the idea behind it's good. Epitafios is a HBO mini-series, can't go wrong there. None of them are top tier but one or two might sneak into your second tier.

Anyone seen Mildred Pierce? Watched Part 1 and was a little let down, it looks fantastic and the story's certainly interesting and topical but I'm not convinced about Kate Winslet, certainly haven't seen anything 'outstanding'. Art direction, cinematography, costume design, all brilliant, but I thought her performance was a little flat compared to everything else.

The_Red_Hope

Ok, So I've never seen any Dr. Who ... ever. Where should I start from? - the 2005 series or the older shows? And is it just pop-culturally significant or does it rank with the best shows out there?

jem

Haven't read the whole thread, so sorry if any of this is repetitive. In no particular order:

The Wire
The Sopranos
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Justified
Damages (first few seasons were very good, and then it went on to jump the shark.)
Dexter (see Damages comments, although I'd say the first 4 seasons were great.)
The Shield (consistently excellent throughout its 7 seasons.)
Boardwalk Empire
Trailer Park Boys (first 3 seasons are top-notch.)

Member 39557

Anyone seen Mildred Pierce? Watched Part 1 and was a little let down, it looks fantastic and the story's certainly interesting and topical but I'm not convinced about Kate Winslet, certainly haven't seen anything 'outstanding'. Art direction, cinematography, costume design, all brilliant, but I thought her performance was a little flat compared to everything else.
I really enjoyed it. It gets better as the story unravels and I thought she played the part quite well. Guy Pearce was good, but from memory I think he only featured for a few moments in the first episode.

Sally Cinnamon

You really should watch the 2nd season. It's top-notch.
If the third is good I'll watch it again, I can barely even remember what happened. Got loads of things to watch in the meantime.

What did you think of the first season?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
How come you've no love for foreign series, Hectic? Some of them are quality.

You should try one of Deadwood or Rome, Nick.
I'm really not into older era stuff, so not sure about those. I just couldn't get into Boardwalk Empire, either.

Read my post on the last page, go from tier to tier if you have seen all in that group.
The Wire, Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, Mad Men, Deadwood, Trailer Park Boys, Arrested Development, Game of Thrones, Rome, The Thick of It

Archer, It's Always Sunny In Philly, Sons Of Anarchy, The Shield, The Office (USA), OZ, Boardwalk Empire, The West Wing, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, Generation Kill, Parks and Recreation, South Park, Six Feet Under, Band of Brothers, Sherlock, Twin Peaks

Jericho, 24, Freaks & Geeks, Peep Show, Dexter, The X Files, Modern Family, Community, The Walking Dead, True Blood, Entourage, Luther

My list, not in order, but in rough tiers, although I'd move a couple up and down depending on how recently I've seen them.
Seen the bold ones, some of the others don't appeal but will give some of them a look once I've looked at Sons of Anarchy.

Cheers.

Ralaks

Finished Sons of Anarchy and Archer over the past few weeks and would definately recommend those, Oz is quality too, very underrated series imo.

I'm about to start something new too, not really sure what to go for though.

Brwned

I'm really not into older era stuff, so not sure about those. I just couldn't get into Boardwalk Empire, either.

Seen the bold ones, some of the others don't appeal but will give some of them a look once I've looked at Sons of Anarchy.

Cheers.
I can definitely understand that with Rome but Deadwood's all about the performances, the historical basis behind it becomes an afterthought. Al Swaerengen's probably my favourite tv character and I guarantee you'll love the show simply because of him. Western's don't interest me at all but I loved it regardless. Either that or Oz, it's a genuinely excellent prison series (unlike Prison Break!). Brutal, though.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue

Cheers.
The Thick of It, Archer, Parks and Recreation and to some extent Community, is must watch comedy.

Dan

I just the first episode of a new show called Last Resort. Thought it was pretty good.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry

Cheers.
Parks and Rec!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I can definitely understand that with Rome but Deadwood's all about the performances, the historical basis behind it becomes an afterthought. Al Swaerengen's probably my favourite tv character and I guarantee you'll love the show simply because of him. Western's don't interest me at all but I loved it regardless. Either that or Oz, it's a genuinely excellent prison series (unlike Prison Break!). Brutal, though.
Hm, may give that a look then, that's pretty high praise.

Elvis recommended Oz to me ages ago actually, not sure why I never got around to watching that.

Parks and Rec!
I've heard a lot of good things about this, it'll definitely be the next comedy I turn to.

Brwned

Louie > Parks and Rec

Would definitely recommend The Life and Times of Tim too.