Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Suits is a show about smarmy douchebags that isn't a comedy...I really don't understand how it has such a wide appeal.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
To be honest, Suits is way better than White Collar. I see both shows and I like both the shows but White Collar is in danger of not getting renewed for another season because its predictable. Suits has a little more drama.
well, to be honest some more, i stopped watching White collar after 5-6 episode of the first season. I thought there were no point on watching both this and suits, so i sticked to suits.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
It all really depends on your tolerance of shallow and supposedly "witty" television, and how much you like expensive suits, haircuts and other materialistic things. Personally I think the show is poison.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
It all really depends on your tolerance of shallow and supposedly "witty" television, and how much you like expensive suits, haircuts and other materialistic things. Personally I think the show is poison.
Which is surprising considering how much you evidently spend on suits and haircuts, going on your snapchats, you posh bastard.

The wit of the show also completely passed me by. Just two douchebags.

Redo91

I know this is a bit of topic but I couldn't find any relevant thread. Just wondering could someone PM me a link to a website that allows you to watch live tv? There is a documentary on National Geographic that I would love to watch this evening. Any help would be great.

Redo91

I know this is a bit of topic but I couldn't find any relevant thread. Just wondering could someone PM me a link to a website that allows you to watch live tv? There is a documentary on National Geographic that I would love to watch this evening. Any help would be great.
Anyone??

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Watched the first episode of Crossbones (Pirates with john malkovich) and i was blown away by how many similarities it shares with the other Pirate tv show from Starz (Black Sails). If you saw Black Sails, you are gonna be asking yourself WTF all the time because its weird.

Anyway, despite those similarities, i quite enjoyed it...

Also watched the first episode of the Rosemary's baby miniseries... with Zoe Saldana and the guy from Suits... very good. Very nice adaptation of the classic.

Loublaze

ATLien
Suits is a show about smarmy douchebags that isn't a comedy...I really don't understand how it has such a wide appeal.
I agree with this. Watched the first two or three episodes but couldn't warm up to the douche bag characters.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Silicon Valley started well and ended up shit, which is disappointing since it has Bill Haverchuck in it. There were too many moments when you just wanted to slap the main characters and say "FOCUS". That annoys the shit out of me.

Moriarty

"Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" followed by "Smiley's People." Make sure you watch the British version not the one shown on American TV as too much good dialogue is chopped from the latter.

If you mean current shows: none. It's all shite. ;)

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Currently using my completely fecked up sleeping pattern to plow through Orange is the new Black.

Netflix originals tend to be pretty damn good and this is no exception. Can highly recommend it to anyone with Netflix.

GBBQ

Is White Collar any good? I gave up mid way through the first episode when he manages to wrangle a roof top apartment for $200 per month through some lonely widower. If he's at that shit the whole time then its not for me!

Same with Criminal Minds, I like the premise in general but just took too many jumps in logic and assumption as to what they could predict from profiling. Profiling does not make you psychic!!

In terms of my own personal recommendations; True Detective, Sons Of Anarchy, Luther, Breaking Bad, The Wire, Game of Thrones, House of Cards, Broadchurch, Arrested Development, The Larry Sanders Show.

Maccaa

Can anyone recommend me a new show too watch going of this list of shows I've successfully completed.
The Wire
Breaking Bad
Entourage
Lost
Heroes
Friday Night Lights
Dexter
Game Of Thrones
Orange Is The New Black
Prison Break
Band of Brothers
The Shield
The Pacific

I was thinking maybe Six Feet Under or 24 if any of those two are worth it. Feel free too recommend me any others.

Last edited:

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Is Arrested Development on UK netflix do you know?
Pretty sure it is dude.

Parks and Recreation, Office (US or UK), Community, Scrubs, Peep Show are all decent too.

Sally Cinnamon

Can anyone recommend me a new show too watch going of this list of shows I've successfully completed.
The Wire
Breaking Bad
Entourage
Lost
Heroes
Friday Night Lights
Dexter
Game Of Thrones
Orange Is The New Black
Prison Break

I was thinking maybe Six Feet Under or 24 if any of those two are worth it. Feel free too recommend me any others.
The Sopranos...? Obvious choice.

Also Deadwood, Band of Brothers, True Detective, Boardwalk Empire.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
The Wire
Breaking Bad
Entourage
Lost
Heroes
Friday Night Lights
Dexter
Game Of Thrones
Orange Is The New Black
Prison Break

Band Of Brothers for sure. What kind of comedies are you into? Try out It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, gets quite good from Season 2 onwards although you might still wanna check out the first season, it's only like 7 episodes I think.

Skills

Snitch
I've started watching Royal Pains recently and almost finished the first season. It's not great but it's a pretty 'easy watch' like Suits (season 1) and White Collar. I don't know if I'll stick with it after this season though because one of the characters really annoys me. Makes me want to skip all the parts he's in.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
I've been watching It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia recently and absolutely loving it. Takes a dip around the fifth season though, about to move onto the sixth. If no one has watched it before I'd definitely recommend it. Very very funny show.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
The Wire
Breaking Bad
Entourage
Lost
Heroes
Friday Night Lights
Dexter
Game Of Thrones
Orange Is The New Black
Prison Break

Good taste, Heroes aside. Breaking Bad is easily my favorite show of all time.

Other recommendable shows:
30 Rock
The Sopranos
The West Wing
Deadwood
Mad Men
The Shield

Television is sooo good. Who needs movies?

Maccaa

Band Of Brothers for sure. What kind of comedies are you into? Try out It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, gets quite good from Season 2 onwards although you might still wanna check out the first season, it's only like 7 episodes I think.
Comedy wise I only really watch English shows. Just stuff like 8 out of 10 cats and Mock the Week for example. I'll give it a try though.

Good taste, Heroes aside. Breaking Bad is easily my favorite show of all time.

Other recommendable shows:
30 Rock
The Sopranos
The West Wing
Deadwood
Mad Men
The Shield

Television is sooo good. Who needs movies?
I enjoyed the first season of Heroes but then it massive went down hill. Just updated my list as I forgot I watched Band of Brothers and The Shield some how! Think The Sopranos is the obvious one then really, I'll probably download them later and then report them too authorities.

Maccaa

The Thick of It is one of the best English comedies in my opinion, really good show.
8.8 rating on IMDB as well, might have too check it out. Don't get me wrong I've seen quite a few English comedies, Only Fools and Horses, Not Going Out, Royle Family and all those kind of programs but I tend too watch them randomly and not from the start too finish.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
I'm a big fan of Suits, which is now into its 4th season. Doesn't seem to have a huge following though - well not compared to Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones.
There's a thread on the first or second page on here where people like it. There's a few of us who hate it too! :D

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Can anyone recommended (nor not recommend) The Killing?

I fancy watching one of these Scandi murder series but not sure which one.
It's a bit formulaic but it is worth a watch. Bron/Broen is definitely better though, IMO.

bucky

What do you think of Halt And Catch Fire? I like the theme and the music is very fitting to the 80s setting in my opinion.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Tried to start Trailer Park Boys as it's been recommended multiple times by Nilsson but keep getting files where the audio is out of sync with the video. Really frustrating.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Started watching Hannibal recently and I really like it. Wasn't sure how much they'd be able to show on just normal television, so though it might suffer but it hasn't at all. On the second season after just a few days.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Suits has a large enough following that it makes me wanna unsubscribe from humanity.

Tried to start Trailer Park Boys as it's been recommended multiple times by Nilsson but keep getting files where the audio is out of sync with the video. Really frustrating.
Are you part of Hectic's Plex pm thing? I download episodes from there and they are fine.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Suits has a large enough following that it makes me wanna unsubscribe from humanity.
Season 1 was quite good for character build up etc, season 2 relied on it and from 3 onwards it hasn't been the same and relied on thinking Harvey & mike are cool, I still watch it, but fleetingly, but the first season wasn't bad at all.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Are you part of Hectic's Plex pm thing? I download episodes from there and they are fine.
Sounds... intriguing. What's that?
Season 1 was quite good for character build up etc, season 2 relied on it and from 3 onwards it hasn't been the same and relied on thinking Harvey & mike are cool, I still watch it, but fleetingly, but the first season wasn't bad at all.
You've just been blacklisted by Nilsson and me.