Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Just got around to watching Happy Valley (crime drama set in Yorkshire). Two seasons in and it's excellent, the first season in particular was outstanding. It's on BBC iPlayer.
Sarah Lancashire is brilliant, next watch should be Last Tango in Halifax if you haven't seen it

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
I really wanted to like it as I've heard many good things but I found it a bit too dark and depressing, I gave up after episode 3. I'm wondering if I should give it another go?
Same here, I lasted 2 episodes

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Currently re-watching Longmire on Netflix, personally I think it's pretty good

Cole9

Silo on Apple TV+ is worth a watch. I thought it went a bit slow in the middle episodes after a strong start, but it picks up again towards the end. Looking forward to Season 2.

fergosaurus

Sarah Lancashire is brilliant, next watch should be Last Tango in Halifax if you haven't seen it
Yeah she's class. James Norton played the villain role really well too.

I haven't seen that actually but will check it out. Thanks.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Any recent outstanding European (or non-US) series one should take note off? Thinking on the level of Bureau or Babylon Berlin, or close to it.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Yeah she's class. James Norton played the villain role really well too.

I haven't seen that actually but will check it out. Thanks.
It's not a cop drama but you won't regret it, IMO it's better than Happy Valley!

Roosney

Finished Full Circle on HBO, I think there was more potential but sadly it went nowhere and kind of lost focus.
They tried to stuff too many storylines into one miniseries and none of them were really that gripping.

If you don't have anything else to watch give it a go.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I thought it was decent if you stick with it. Not spectacular but decent.
I watched the whole 3 seasons. I stick by my assessment - spectacularly poor. It has a couple of redeeming features (Billy Crudup's overall performance being the chief one), but overall it's a very poor show masquerading as a good one. It has so many tired, poor performances in it too, with so many 2 dimensional characters, it becomes painful to watch as it goes along.

The 1st couple of episodes were ok, though.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I watched the whole 3 seasons. I stick by my assessment - spectacularly poor. It has a couple of redeeming features (Billy Crudup's overall performance being the chief one), but overall it's a very poor show masquerading as a good one. It has so many tired, poor performances in it too, with so many 2 dimensional characters, it becomes painful to watch as it goes along.

The 1st couple of episodes were ok, though.
Heh, I thought the first half of the first season was shite and redeemed by a good second half, really liked where they took it in the last few episodes. Season two was crap, though. Season three about the same from what I've seen. I would say it's a "fine" show to watch with the other half. She loves it.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Heh, I thought the first half of the first season was shite and redeemed by a good second half, really liked where they took it in the last few episodes. Season two was crap, though. Season three about the same from what I've seen. I would say it's a "fine" show to watch with the other half. She loves it.
That's ok - mine is making me watch Will & Grace.

TheGame

Ha, exactly this! It's so difficult to get my wife to watch any decent shows! The last one we saw that was great was This is Us.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Hadn't really heard anything about this show up until now when it seems like the PR has been upped with the release of season 3: how good is Slow Horses?

Worth getting into now? I usually love two things: spy thriller like shows and those framed against historical settings. And a bit of dark humor is always great. Seems like this show probably hits two of those but at the same time my patience and time for following multiple shows isn't what it used to be so if I want to know if its something that holds the attention for all 3 seasons.

TheGame

Hadn't really heard anything about this show up until now when it seems like the PR has been upped with the release of season 3: how good is Slow Horses?

Worth getting into now? I usually love two things: spy thriller like shows and those framed against historical settings. And a bit of dark humor is always great. Seems like this show probably hits two of those but at the same time my patience and time for following multiple shows isn't what it used to be so if I want to know if its something that holds the attention for all 3 seasons.
It's brilliant and Gary Oldman is fantastic in it. Would give it a go!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Pull the trigger. You'll enjoy it.

Damn, season three debuted with two episodes yesterday. Where the feck have I been?

Rooney in Paris

Scout
see maybe I like The Morning Show because compared to some of the other shit I'd have to watch if it didn't exist it's perfectly serviceable.
I get that - I personally prefer to watch shite like Will and Grace because it has an almost antiquated charm about it (also, I've never seen it) and it's pretty inoffensively (gay stereotypes notwithstanding) bland overall, which I can live with. I found the Morning Show rather annoying because I'm pretty sure the people working on it believe they are doing something important and saying something about the topics in the show: journalism, Me Too, politics, etc. Which they really, really aren't.