Are Bruno and Rashford a problem?

sugar_kane

If he pushes for a move that would be amazing and a gift from the heavens. Much more likely he follows the de gea route and steadily gets worse and worse until even the blind can see he isn't good enough for what we want to achieve. Of course just like we still get de gea defenders even though the guy can't even find a club, the Bruno stans will be here for a long time.
I don't think he can be fairly compared to De Gea.

De Gea was more in the Rashford mould, a talented player who seemed to have fallen out of love with the game but was 'trapped' by his ridiculous wages.

Bruno is a football obsessive, I honestly think he'd rather leave than put up with failure forever. His contract expires in two years, I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave if not this summer then the one after and he will do well at whatever club he picks next - provided it's suited to his style of football (ie, high risk, high energy)

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Out of the attacking players in the 11, who would you replace first?
Antony and Martial need to be out the door yesterday, not with squad players, but with legit XI players who will lock Bruno and Rashford out of the team if they continue to mess around. Eriksen is mint but his legs have gone, so him as well.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Antony and Martial need to be out the door yesterday, not with squad players, but with legit XI players who will lock Bruno and Rashford out of the team if they continue to mess around. Eriksen is mint but his legs have gone, so him as well.
You managed to avoid answering the question, a valid answer is none if that is your feeling.

adexkola

Supports
You managed to avoid answering the question, a valid answer is none if that is your feeling.
Eh?

If I was restricted to removing attacking players out of our starting 11, I'd start with Rashford. Bruno would be the last person I'd replace.

But that's a silly premise. I'd love to keep Rashford and Bruno in the squad. When I think of deadwood their names don't come up. I don't want them thinking they can waltz into a starting lineup without being challenged by quality players in training every day.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I don't think he can be fairly compared to De Gea.

De Gea was more in the Rashford mould, a talented player who seemed to have fallen out of love with the game but was 'trapped' by his ridiculous wages.

Bruno is a football obsessive, I honestly think he'd rather leave than put up with failure forever. His contract expires in two years, I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave if not this summer then the one after and he will do well at whatever club he picks next - provided it's suited to his style of football (ie, high risk, high energy)
Time will tell. I think we stupidly give him a new deal if he ever has a month or two of good form just like the unnecessary wage increase we gave him last time and we end up in a situation like de gea or Maguire where no club is willing to pay the fee and the wages and so we are stuck with him.

Cassidy

Eh?

If I was restricted to removing attacking players out of our starting 11, I'd start with Rashford. Bruno would be the last person I'd replace.

But that's a silly premise. I'd love to keep Rashford and Bruno in the squad. When I think of deadwood their names don't come up. I don't want them thinking they can waltz into a starting lineup without being challenged by quality players in training every day.
I asked the question because I was curious, thanks for answering without being condescending...

adexkola

Supports
I asked the question because I was curious, thanks for answering without being condescending...
I wasn't being condescending, if it came across that way my bad

I get what you're asking, I'm just saying if we improve the first XI and leave the squad untouched then we're putting a ceiling on our improvement

Cassidy

I wasn't being condescending, if it came across that way my bad

I get what you're asking, I'm just saying if we improve the first XI and leave the squad untouched then we're putting a ceiling on our improvement
Agree, I don't think we should do that.
We already know we need to replace Sancho, Antony, Martial, Pellistri etc. Personally I would replace them with starting 11 players or at least 2 of them with starting 11 players.

Rashford has been in the team for 8 years now. I keep hearing how he hasn't developed as a footballer since he was a teenager, is way too technically limited, strolls around the pitch, can't be arsed to work, gets put on a pedestal just because he's a local lad, and we'll never get anywhere by building the attack around him, and he'd never get into the top teams in Europe.

Only problem is, for someone so apparently easily replaceable, we've spent the best part of a decade and spunked a massive amount of money trying to find even a single attacking player that's managed to keep him out of the team for any length of time.

Can literally list them all: Mkhitaryan for 30 million, turned up for a Europa League campaign and nothing else. Lukaku, signed for monster money and contributed two meh seasons while being a miserable whingebag. Alexis on a massive contract, probably the worst signing in our history. James, harsh to even count him but clearly a Championship player. Sancho for 70-odd million, turned out to be a complete joker. Antony for 90 million, utter garbage. The last two are particularly funny because anyone who's been on this forum in 2021 and 22 will remember how many posters were convinced they'd both immediately chuck kick-and-rush merchant Rashford out of the squad - he's put in two shocking seasons in the last three and still easily managed to contribute more than both of them combined :lol:.

Then the few that weren't complete garbage had zero longevity: Martial was great for a season under Ole, and then his body decided he can't play football anymore at the age of 25. Cavani was very good for a season and completely packed it in the next. Ronaldo, again, good for a season and then stank up the joint before trying his best to undermine the entire club on the way out. Zlatan was good and then got hurt before he could even complete a season. Greenwood is a waster. Hojlund and Mount hopefully won't end up on this list but could go either way at this point, and Garnacho is a rare breath of fresh air from all the names listed so far, but again, not even 20 yet - Martial at the same age was talked about as a Ballon D'Or candidate.

I don't even have a problem with selling either Fernandes or Rashford this summer - Bruno is nearly 30 and Rashford is nearly 27, they've been as crap as anyone else in this train wreck of a season, they'll be past their best anyway by the time we're a serious team again, and they're two of the very few players in this squad that could be sold to raise significant cash. I just find this constant refrain that these two are somehow among our biggest issues, while they're surrounded by these names listed above, a bit... tiresome.

The sad fact is that we've never even come close at any point in the last decade to hitting the level (as a collective) where there's a legit discussion to be had about whether it's time to move on from some of our best players before making the leap to a top team. We've just wasted the few good ones by continually surrounding them with dross like Antony and expecting the team to push on.

clarkydaz

Rashford has been in the team for 8 years now. I keep hearing how he hasn't developed as a footballer since he was a teenager, is way too technically limited, strolls around the pitch, can't be arsed to work, gets put on a pedestal just because he's a local lad, and we'll never get anywhere by building the attack around him, and he'd never get into the top teams in Europe.

Only problem is, for someone so apparently easily replaceable, we've spent the best part of a decade and spunked a massive amount of money trying to find even a single attacking player that's managed to keep him out of the team for any length of time.
Eh? Garnacho has been better on the left than him this season, but gets moved to the right to accomodate him

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
File this game under exhibit 8352 for why we need to bin these two off.

FootballAI

File this game under exhibit 8352 for why we need to bin these two off.
What are you talking about? Bruno has been our best player easily.

Rashford can leave asap. Hojlund and Antony can pack their bags with Ten Hag.

Woodzy

Rashford is the bigger problem.

I do feel like we would be a better team in the long run with a more balanced midfield without Bruno, but atm we don’t have many other players that can actually create anything.

Rashford though, he’s a waste of a spot in the first team.

Kammy26

I’m convinced rashford has something in his contract about play time. How is this guy still starting and lasting 90mins every game.

JBG

Bruno is certainly not... not compared to that manchild that is Rashford. He just gets worse and worse it seems. It really is time to leave and for us to replace him with a proper LW or RW(put Garnacho on the left).

-Supreme-

Look forward to seeing some posters to say how Rashford has been playing with injuries again.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Putting Fernandes in the same category as Rashford is an insult :lol:

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Bruno Will be a useful players in a squad under a good manager. He has ability and always puts in a shift.

Rashford absolutely can’t be here next season, he just can’t. His mentality and posture is all wrong, he is a terrible example for young players at the club and that sort of thing is what decides the club culture. He 100% cannot be here come August.

RoyH1

Bruno can be useful player for the next manager. Rashford is an entitled brat that should be sold.

Rightnr

Once again, everyone goes on about a clear-out and yet so many of you go on about keeping one of our top earners and captain as a 'useful' player.

Are you guys having a laugh? Madrid are where they are because they move players on at the right time (Di Maria, Varanen and Casemiro just to us) and use the money to reinvest them into young stars like Vini, Rodrigo, even Endrick.

Bruno is 30 this year and we have takers who are willing to pay us upwards of 50m. How is keeping him consistent with the much-vaunted INEOS rebuild with young hungry players?

This is why we are where we are because people fail to learn their lesson time and time again.

On Rashford, we should have sold him the summer EtH got here but at least he's young enough and arguably we can get more money for him this summer with the longer contract. Then he and his circle of pricks can go party in Dublin on PSG time.

JediSith

I noticed at City Foden can get dropped and it’s not even news, similar with Halaand. The captain ? Who is the captain at City? It changes regularly, little importance is given to the armband.

At United big dramas are made out of the most trivial things.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Putting Fernandes in the same category as Rashford is an insult :lol:
Was going to say the exact same thing.
It feels like Rashy has barely scored or assisted this season and Bruno has given him at least one pen to increase his stats.

Rightnr

You’re an odd one.

Your Bruno exhibit is once again the best player on the pitch, by some distance. I mean, I get you’ve had many opportunities this season, but the last two games… you just make yourself look ridiculous.
It's not about playing well in a terrible team. He's an anathema to a top team dominating play.

He might have a couple of good games but he's supposed to have a couple of off games in a season at his level, salary and the fact he's got the captaincy.

It's not about playing well in a terrible team. He's an anathema to a top team dominating play.

He might have a couple of good games but he's supposed to have a couple of off games in a season at his level, salary and the fact he's got the captaincy.
When you use today as an exhibit is when you look daft as feck.
You’ve had many chances to bang that drum and no-one expects you to change your mind, but you sound manic when you rush in here after he’s been the best player on the pitch by far to declare it any exhibit of why he needs fecking off.

Today was another exhibit of how we need 6-7 new first team players this Summer, it’s that desperate.

Rightnr

When you use today as an exhibit is when you look daft as feck.
You’ve had many chances to bang that drum and no-one expects you to change your mind, but you sounds manic when you rush in here after he’s been the best player on the pitch by far to declare it any exhibit of why he needs fecking off.

Today was another exhibit of how we need 6-7 new first team players this Summer, it’s that desperate.
OK, I fully admit I have an agenda but I guess my point here is that today it was Rashford but usually it's either or both stinking up the place.

In any case, having to stomach 90 minutes from these two week after week might have had an impact on my football common sense :lol:

OK, I fully admit I have an agenda but I guess my point here is that today it was Rashford but usually it's either or both stinking up the place.

In any case, having to stomach 90 minutes from these two week after week might have had an impact on my football common sense :lol:
My jaw just dropped here, a redcafe poster holding his hands up :eek:

No question that no matter where you stand, the horrendous reliability of many of our best players means we have an enormous rebuilding job again. I just hope that for one fecking Summer we can go and actually get some money in for selling players and actually bring in 6-7 new first team player.
So fecking bored of this long term rebuild bollocks that inevitably always goes fecking wrong.

van Nistelrooy

Rashford = The biggest fraud in football.

Please, I don't care if he scores a worldie next week. He has exhausted his chances at this club. Get him out!

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Fair play. I wish we saw more honesty like this from other posters in the Bruno threads.

Korwas

Once again, everyone goes on about a clear-out and yet so many of you go on about keeping one of our top earners and captain as a 'useful' player.

Are you guys having a laugh? Madrid are where they are because they move players on at the right time (Di Maria, Varanen and Casemiro just to us) and use the money to reinvest them into young stars like Vini, Rodrigo, even Endrick.

Bruno is 30 this year and we have takers who are willing to pay us upwards of 50m. How is keeping him consistent with the much-vaunted INEOS rebuild with young hungry players?

This is why we are where we are because people fail to learn their lesson time and time again.

On Rashford, we should have sold him the summer EtH got here but at least he's young enough and arguably we can get more money for him this summer with the longer contract. Then he and his circle of pricks can go party in Dublin on PSG time.
Great post. Bruno is 30, not a club legend, not a top 5 player in the world and even if he was we are not competing right now. When we get good it will be when players like Hojlund and Garnacho reach their prime and by that time Bruno will be useless.

It doesn't make sense to keep him.

We have literally 3 timelines at the same time in our squad. We have the 29-33 group:
Bruno
Varane
Casemiro
Lindelof
Maguire

We have 24-28:
Shaw
Onana
McTominay
Rashford
AWB
Martinez
Mount
Dalot
Malacia
Anthony

And lastly everyone else is younger than 22:
Amad
Hojlund
Garnacho
Mainoo

When our young guys reach their prime our current prime guys will be old and our old guys will be out of here and need replacing. Right now it looks like we are set up to keep going in our circle of mediocrity.

Wheato

Put Bruno in a team where the other players give the same amount of effort as he does, and we will have some team.

Like when he plays for Portugal and looks like he's on another level.

We need some good players to compliment him.

Great post. Bruno is 30, not a club legend, not a top 5 player in the world and even if he was we are not competing right now. When we get good it will be when players like Hojlund and Garnacho reach their prime and by that time Bruno will be useless.

It doesn't make sense to keep him.

We have literally 3 timelines at the same time in our squad. We have the 29-33 group:
Bruno
Varane
Casemiro
Lindelof
Maguire

We have 24-28:
Shaw
Onana
McTominay
Rashford
AWB
Martinez
Mount
Dalot
Malacia
Anthony

And lastly everyone else is younger than 22:
Amad
Hojlund
Garnacho
Mainoo

When our young guys reach their prime our current prime guys will be old and our old guys will be out of here and need replacing. Right now it looks like we are set up to keep going in our circle of mediocrity.
If we’re waiting for all these to hit prime then feck me, when are we gonna be good? 2029?

FECK THAT!! I wanna be good next year and to stop this 11 year long cycle bollocks of a 3-5 rebuild.