Are Bruno and Rashford a problem?

Red_Aaron

Bruno isn't perfect but for large swathes of the season he's looked like the only one who actually gives a shit out there. He's the least of our problems

Rashford on the other hand barely looks bothered at all. I've backed him to the hilt season after season but my patience is all but exhausted now. He clearly doesn't want to be here anymore

tothetop96

As they say, think of how stupid the average man is, then realise half the people are stupider than that. And they all seem to be in this thread

Bruno absolutely isnt. The team is constantly failing him..
Bruno has 90% pass completion in that half, only Dalot has better. He’s scored and was within a whisker of a beauty to level it…

Yet people are still in here calling him the problem and that we’ll always be shit with him the team, as though we’d be any better today with prime David Silva at 10. Aren’t we losing xG like 5-1? :lol:

lost7

Get rid of both and everyone else above the age of 23. No one deserves to wear a shirt

Red-17

Bruno has 90% pass completion in that half, only Dalot has better. He’s scored and was within a whisker of a beauty to level it…

Yet people are still in here calling him the problem and that we’ll always be shit with him the team, as though we’d be any better today with prime David Silva. Are we losing xG like 5-1? :lol:
He's also shown he can play with composure today which can't be said of our 60 million pound multi UCL winning midfielder who looks like he won a charity competition. Anyone thinking Bruno is our primary problem has lost the plot.

lost7

Yet people are still in here calling him the problem and that we’ll always be shit with him the team, as though we’d be any better today with prime David Silva at 10. Aren’t we losing xG like 5-1? :lol:
He's shyte like everyone else. How can anyone want to defend that half? We were shambolic. Non existent midfield, non existent attack, non existent defense

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If you take Bruno out of this team we are suddenly very very ordinary.
We are already extremely ordinary. Take Bruno out and we become midtable rather than top half.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Nice!

Great fans we have. feck me we create the most toxic environment for our players, even the ones who work their arses off.
Been like this for years mate... Only due to get worse until we get back to some semblance of United of old.

And even then it will subside but not go away

Guys.. what do these guys do? Have you seen the clown who's managing them ..
How are they getting so much space in our midfield..
Why are we playing 0-4-6?
Anyone in this thread kicking off instead of the ETH thread is pure agenda

redNATION

Bruno absolutely isnt. The team is constantly failing him..
He has no tactical discipline or positional sense, just tries to be everywhere all at once, compare him to KdB or Odegaard and it’s day and night. It’s no wonder he scored goals including the occasional worldly, he tries to do everything so is bound to score.

Idxomer

Rashford is just pointless in almost every game.

Bruno at least shows a bit of quality at times, he's a long-term problem which is a bit different from Rashford.

Red-17

He has no tactical discipline or positional sense, just tries to be everywhere all at once, compare him to KdB or Odegaard and it’s day and night. It’s no wonder he scored goals including the occasional worldly, he tries to do everything so is bound to score.
Our tactical plan is shear chaos so of course that is the way he plays. Guarantee those two players would also look shit playing in our current set up

Fully Fledged

Bruno isn't perfect but for large swathes of the season he's looked like the only one who actually gives a shit out there. He's the least of our problems

Rashford on the other hand barely looks bothered at all. I've backed him to the hilt season after season but my patience is all but exhausted now. He clearly doesn't want to be here anymore
Yep.
I don't understand the Bruno hate. There are far worse players at United than Bruno.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Bruno is not a problem (the system is not set up correctly and whatever instructions he's getting, which he's obviously following or he wouldn't be in the team, are crap). Rashford is out of form and should be on the bench....

El Jefe

I don’t like Bruno at all but even I have to admit that we need to separate them. Grouping Bruno with Rashford is extremely disrespectful to Bruno. I still agree with the overall thread but Rashford is much much worse.

yeaherino

Yeah, Bruno can always be counted on to show up even if he puts in a stinker there is going to be effort. Rashford looks like he would rather be in his bed taking a nap. And in spite of his improved return last season (which was largely due to a longer than normal hot streak) he remains a patchy goal scorer. The reason is he hasn't developed his game one bit since making his debut, he's the exact same player. Can't hold the ball up well, can't beat his man, can't play up top on his own how is this guy the person we have built our attack around?

Quinze

Yeah, Bruno is a problem.

He's a problem because other players rely on him too much to make things happen, and it's detrimentral to our play. Even if he's not in a favourable position they'll try to give him the ball when he'll have no choice but to knock it forward and hope. The last minutes of the Bournemouth game really highlighted this when everyone went forward with Bruno the deepest, and they just passed around the box then all the way back to Bruno several times, as if he could do anything from that position. The match ended just like that.

The panacea is obviously to take him out of the team not.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Yeah, Bruno is a problem.

He's a problem because other players rely on him too much to make things happen, and it's detrimentral to our play. Even if he's not in a favourable position they'll try to give him the ball when he'll have no choice but to knock it forward and hope. The last minutes of the Bournemouth game really highlighted this when everyone went forward with Bruno the deepest, and they just passed around the box then all the way back to Bruno several times, as if he could do anything from that position. The match ended just like that.

The panacea is obviously to take him out of the team not.
It's a good point, and it doesn't even have to be a long term solution. But you absolutely have to bench Bruno sometimes to get him back to his best and not being exhausted by the way he tries to do everything, and to get the other players get used to doing something else than "just hope Bruno does something"

GueRed

Yes currently Rashford is off it and Bruno can be frustrating

But without these two, the last 4/5 years would have been absolutely joyless.
At least they have given us something to cheer about with their goals and attacking play..

Unless they feck up, do a Greenwood, disgrace the club or what not they'd be looked back fondly by a lot of United fans in years to come.

What we do going forward is the big question. That will be left in the hands (good hands hopefully) of the new manager and new regime....

frostbite

They are our two best players. All players have faults, it is on the manager to use them correctly. If ETH had Rooney at 18, he'd destroy him too.

Last edited:

statpadder

A couple of good performances and the Bruno worshippers are all out.

Bruno is a problem because of his style of play. He thrives in chaos and until we reduce the chaotic nature of our football, we’ll never be a top side.

frostbite

Bruno is a problem because of his style of play. He thrives in chaos and until we reduce the chaotic nature of our football, we’ll never be a top side.
You mean that Bruno does not play the way ETH orders him to play, and still ETH plays him in every game and has him as his captain? Really?

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

Is there any need for this antagonistic language?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Bruno isn’t a problem. He deserves to be apart of the rebuild and to be apart of a united with structure.

Rashford however can be sold to PSG in the summer. If only.
Bruno is a problem too. He isn’t the sort of problem Rashford is - who is just an average / below average footballer. But Bruno is more of a long term issue that needs to be resolved in that you can’t actually play the way top team does with a 10 who has as many weaknesses as he does. He’s good for this Manchester United but not the one that we want to be. I’d phase him out over the next two years (he’ll go from starter to rotation to eventually 2nd choice / out depending on his performances and outlook) but the replacement needs to be just right as it’s such a key position.

FootballAI

Nobody have been playing well with this manager. I'm sure we will be replacing him after the season over.

I am quite ok if we sell Rashford for a good fee if there is available offer. If not, keeping him one more season doesn't hurt and there is a good chance he will improve with a new manager. As for Bruno, no new manager will make him a priority to be replaced as he is the only few players who are still performing for the team. There are a number of players that should be leaving ahead of Bruno.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Bruno is a problem too. He isn’t the sort of problem Rashford is - who is just an average / below average footballer. But Bruno is more of a long term issue that needs to be resolved in that you can’t actually play the way top team does with a 10 who has as many weaknesses as he does. He’s good for this Manchester United but not the one that we want to be. I’d phase him out over the next two years (he’ll go from starter to rotation to eventually 2nd choice / out depending on his performances and outlook) but the replacement needs to be just right as it’s such a key position.
The inability of our fans to be able to distinguish one problem with another drives me mad at times. Rashford is a problem because he's incredibly lazy off the ball and his ability an output on it doesn't come close to making up for that. Bruno's issue has always been that he lacks some of the necessary skills that all of the top players at his position for the best teams have. He can still produce quality stats within any team and absolutely run his socks off but he'll always hamper any side against the very best competition because too much compensation has to be made to cover his weaknesses. They are both "problems" in the sense that both most likely will need to be gone before we field a team that's competing for titles, but for completely different reasons.

croadyman

Rashford is just pointless in almost every game.

Bruno at least shows a bit of quality at times, he's a long-term problem which is a bit different from Rashford.
Yeah completely agree with that,trouble is seems that club don't see an issue with Rashford so certain he won't be sold. Leeches probably are having a big say because see him as a marketing machine

sugar_kane

I think Bruno will push for a move this summer. He's looked really unhappy all season (it gets overlooked because of Rashford's demeanour) and he'll have seen what happened with Mata and Pogba, ie. two highly talented footballers who wasted their career with us.

Whatever you think of him, he is a football obsessive, works his bollocks off and has a burning desire to win. I do believe he loves the club and the fans but in his heart he will know that he isn't going to win anything of note with us. He's smart enough to know as well that give it a season or two and he might not even be in the first eleven.

It will be best for both parties if he moves on, and I don't think anyone will think less of him for it.

Rashford on the other hand I think the club may need to ease out for his own good and ours. He's clearly not in a good place mentally and seems to have fallen out of love with the game so possibly lacks that desire to kick on elsewhere.

I don't think either of them magically become what this team needs to reach the top, unless they're willing to be bit part players.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Oh, I didn't realise MotM 'performances' won us trophies and got us results.

However, if you actually watch us play (novel concept, I know), he almost cost us an equalizer at Luton with his dumbass play and time and again he fails to inject calm in our midfield, rather he causes chaos.

Simply put, he's not United level and that's been obvious to all but the MotM awards and GA brigade who literally think football is about numbers and not how you play as a team.

This is somewhat logical when you also see the 'coach' we have who gave up on playing the style fans wanted him for in the first place from the very first day.
MOTM awards simply means hes the best player on the pitch that game. Besides Garnacho and Mainoo a few games its all Bruno if its a United player.

MOTM

Everyone does dumb shit this season. The reason we have conceded the most short in the league in 2024 isnt because our no 10 takes big risks, its because the whole system is failing and there are a lot of other players not pulling their weight

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I think Bruno will push for a move this summer. He's looked really unhappy all season (it gets overlooked because of Rashford's demeanour) and he'll have seen what happened with Mata and Pogba, ie. two highly talented footballers who wasted their career with us.

Whatever you think of him, he is a football obsessive, works his bollocks off and has a burning desire to win. I do believe he loves the club and the fans but in his heart he will know that he isn't going to win anything of note with us. He's smart enough to know as well that give it a season or two and he might not even be in the first eleven.

It will be best for both parties if he moves on, and I don't think anyone will think less of him for it.

Rashford on the other hand I think the club may need to ease out for his own good and ours. He's clearly not in a good place mentally and seems to have fallen out of love with the game so possibly lacks that desire to kick on elsewhere.

I don't think either of them magically become what this team needs to reach the top, unless they're willing to be bit part players.
If he pushes for a move that would be amazing and a gift from the heavens. Much more likely he follows the de gea route and steadily gets worse and worse until even the blind can see he isn't good enough for what we want to achieve. Of course just like we still get de gea defenders even though the guy can't even find a club, the Bruno stans will be here for a long time.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
If we want to improve the team I'm not sure we start with Bruno, unless there is a like for like replacement with the potential of being an upgrade on him.

Rashford I'm less optimistic about, but still, he's not the first name I'd start with clearing out.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If we want to improve the team I'm not sure we start with Bruno, unless there is a like for like replacement with the potential of being an upgrade on him.

Rashford I'm less optimistic about, but still, he's not the first name I'd start with clearing out.
Out of the attacking players in the 11, who would you replace first?