Are Bruno and Rashford a problem?

LInkash

But..but...we we played amazingly against Palace B team without them.

The Oracle

After last night I think it would be fair to say that it was more likely a ‘Coincidence’ that when Bruno and Rashford were not involved against Palace in the previous round of the Carabao Cup, we played really well; which could have just been because we played against a heavily rotated Palace team.

Last night against Newcastle showed that we really are a poor side without Bruno and Rashford.

Paradoxically, when we do play Bruno and Rashford we are still a poor side.

Go figure.

JB7

We have created feck all and conceded 13 goals in 9 games with them on the pitch you nincompoop.
What the feck relevance is that to last nights game?! I responded to your utterly ridiculous statement of "Apart from defensive feckups, I think we have been decent going forward" which was complete horseshit.

SteveCoppellFan

They have downed tools like the rest of them, they are supposed to be the main men at United and they just give up.

What kind of example is that to the rest ?

If the supposedly top players are United are giving up then the rest will surely follow.

There is literally no fight in the pair of them.

Its a scenario that just keeps on repeating.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
They have downed tools like the rest of them, they are supposed to be the main men at United and they just give up.

What kind of example is that to the rest ?

If the supposedly top players are United are giving up then the rest will surely follow.

There is literally no fight in the pair of them.

Its a scenario that just keeps on repeating.
Despite Bruno easily being one of our hardest working players?

Not sure they have downed tools at all, last night was a prime example of that.
Rashford was ineffective, yet made some good runs and had the ball in good positions only for no one to be making any runs at all. Not sure what minute it was but at one point Rashford had the ball deep in Newcastle territory and ended up passing back whilst waving his arms, as literally no one was making any runs forward at all.

The team as a whole have been poor, our two best players on Rashford and Bruno are ineffective due to a collective downturn, it's difficult for anyone to stand out when that happens.

sammyhol

Bruno in Euros qualifying:

Most assists - 7
Most big chances created - 11
Most key passes - 37
Most accurate through balls - 7
Most penalty area entries - 107
Most Player of the Match awards - 5
Joint-highest rated player - 8.31

Only at United would this player be described as "holding us back"

Scandi Red

Hates Music.

Most assists - 7
Most key passes - 37

I feel that it's just a small group of fans to be honest. They're a loud bunch though.

Based Adnan

Most assists - 7
Most key passes - 37

Iceland, Liechtenstein, Bosnia, Slovakia, Luxembourg

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Don't think he was. I don't remember that being the case.

hobbers

Lukaku has goat stats against sub league 2 standard international teams

Aside from games in the playoffs of World Cups and euros, international stats mean the square root of feck all

sammyhol

The opposition argument simply does not wash. Is the Prem a crap standard too?

Most chances created in the premier league last season.

2nd most currently in the league this season.

MattofManchester

Doesn't matter what he does. He'll still be shit to the caf.

They're too busy having a love-in with anybody who doesn't actually play. Like Van De Beek, Mount, Eriksen as the 10. Can't forget Sancho. Then they play and we look even more shit. Then Bruno comes back and we repeat the conversation.

We have, in him, a player that can be having a poor game, but can still pull something out of a hat to win it for us. We have nobody else doing that at the moment, and this is the player that everyone wants out first and foremost. Then they'll whine about lack of dedication to the club and blah blah.

NZT-One

Yeah, lets just start this discussion. Finally. It would be really good to talk about Brunos chance creation stats. Because "this loud bunch" is crazy enough to criticize that. If that is what you got from reading this thread, I'd be really careful handling large machinery.

tomaldinho1

This is basically the topic of the entire Bruno thread

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Don't think he was. I don't remember that being the case.
Not that WhoScored is highly sophisticated or anything, but Bruno is comfortably Portugal's highest rated player from the world cup. His overall rating from 4 games is 8.15. I don't think it's possible to get above 8 and not have a good tournament. I occasionally see players get 7 despite having a mediocre game, but never 8.

Based Adnan

Baffling people think we can achieve anything of note when these guys are the ones we're pinning our hopes on

Someone

Something
Think of the difference they could make had they been on the top of their game. Two players capable of great things that are just stinking up the place. We can discuss tactics all we want, but they're just terrible. Rashford looks like he can't remember what playing football is like.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Two of our biggest stars being poor in tight spaces / under pressure HAS to be a problem.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Two of our biggest stars being poor in tight spaces / under pressure HAS to be a problem.
I got stick for beating the drum but look at what just one press resistant player adds to the team. Just one in a sea of lightweights.

Now imagine if we make it a mission to identify and bring more press resistant players in. It's vital in getting back to the top.

wolvored

Rashford is shockingly poor. Bruno isnt as bad as him overall. Maybe giving him the captaincy is weighing heavily. Maguire seems better without it.

Maureen-yo

I got stick for beating the drum but look at what just one press resistant player adds to the team. Just one in a sea of lightweights.

Now imagine if we make it a mission to identify and bring more press resistant players in. It's vital in getting back to the top.
Two with Luke Shaw in the mix too

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Baffling people think we can achieve anything of note when these guys are the ones we're pinning our hopes on

Absolutely imagine three more players with Maninoo’s composure and decision making under pressure (just talent at this stage of course)

flappyjay

Rashford is shockingly poor. Bruno isnt as bad as him overall. Maybe giving him the captaincy is weighing heavily. Maguire seems better without it.
Has Rashford made a pass to a teammate in the final third today?

IrishMcD

Rashford should be shown the door in the summer. Absolutely no doubt in my mind. Bruno too if we can get a good price for them. And replace them with young hungry talented players who can actually pass to a teammate!!! And right as I type that, Rashford with another 0/10 attempt at a pass to ruin a quick break

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Big reason why we’re so poor in possession. Constantly giving the ball away.

Tyrion

Bruno is our best player and Rashford is too for the month each year he plays well. Anyone demanding they are sold should remember that their replacements will almost definitely be worse given the clownshow that is our recruitment.

KeanoMagicHat

Bruno has been a problem... for the opposition. Been in great form the past month offensively, close to his best.

GreatDane

I've given Bruno stick but he's good when all the attackers work hard and make runs. Dont miss Rashford tonight though.

tomaldinho1

Bruno been much better tonight. Bit of a silly fk to give away but he's been waaaay more sensible on the ball and scored a screamer. Clearly reads the caf.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Together they might be a problem. Bruno on his own is great. I think he try’s to find Rashford to often and then Rashford let’s him down by losing the ball all the time