Arse FAM TV

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I fail to see the difference between BLM and raising awareness for what Palestinians are going through. It's definitely bias by Robbie, I'm sure if people went on his channel and complained about Ty being too political for kneeling before every interview he wouldn't discourage Ty for it.

Good for Moh to call out AFTV for this, no different to what other people go through trying to voice concern for Palestinian rights on social media.
I believe Robbie's point was that the BLM and kneeling stuff had a football tie in, which is why it was supported.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I fail to see the difference between BLM and raising awareness for what Palestinians are going through. It's definitely bias by Robbie, I'm sure if people went on his channel and complained about Ty being too political for kneeling before every interview he wouldn't discourage Ty for it.

Good for Moh to call out AFTV for this, no different to what other people go through trying to voice concern for Palestinian rights on social media.

So you think all the players and refs who kneel before each game and the commentators that support it are playing politics now? You think all the United Against Racism banners at the ground are promoting politics??

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
So you think all the players and refs who kneel before each game and the commentators that support it are playing politics now? You think all the United Against Racism banners at the ground are promoting politics??
Erm, it is politics as it's disputed across political lines in countries. I'm not saying it shouldn't happen, I have no problem with it and it's for a correct cause. But then how is raising awareness about the oppression Palestinians face any different to talking about the oppression black people face?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Erm, it is politics as it's disputed across political lines in countries. I'm not saying it shouldn't happen, I have no problem with it and it's for a correct cause. But then how is raising awareness about the oppression Palestinians face any different to talking about the oppression black people face?
One has an obvious football connection, the other is a political cause. If Robbie allowed it then he would in the future be obliged to do the same to all other political causes, which I suspect is not a road he wants to go down for what's supposed to be a channel about Arse FC.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
One has an obvious football connection, the other is a political cause. If Robbie allowed it then he would in the future be obliged to do the same to all other political causes, which I suspect is not a road he wants to go down for what's supposed to be a channel about Arse FC.
Why? If someone wants to talk about issues close to them then why shouldn't they? And it's not as if Moh was shouting Free Palestine every interview, he was simply wearing a fecking badge. How is that making a hugh statement that needed to be censored?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Why? If someone wants to talk about issues close to them then why shouldn't they? And it's not as if Moh was shouting Free Palestine every interview, he was simply wearing a fecking badge. How is that making a hugh statement that needed to be censored?
They should be able to talk about anything they want in their own time. As for Mo, I don't think the badge was the final straw. What seems to have pissed Robbie off was Mo going public about all of it.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
They should be able to talk about anything they want in their own time. As for Mo, I don't think the badge was the final straw. What seems to have pissed Robbie off was Mo going public about all of it.
Yea but Moh had a point because as Robbie himself said in the video that out he asked Moh to remove the badge even before the latest crisis started, so you can understand that Mohs frustration regarding this was building up and culminated when he might've been told to not to say anything again (not sure of this).

In any case, I've heard Aftv contributors complain about China regarding Ozil and how Arsenal treated him following his criticism. Don't remember Rob asking them to pipe down or not make statements like that because it was political.

InfiniteBoredom

This seems to be the tweet Robbie referred to.

Tbf I think both of them acted like a drama queen here, Moh clearly had frustration building up after those convos Robbie referred to, and decided to take to Twitter (probably spontaneously) instead of working it out privately. Robbie on the other hand had a good reason to be pissed that he took it public, but then again could’ve worked out a joint statement of some sort to prevent this from blowing up.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

This seems to be the tweet Robbie referred to.

Tbf I think both of them acted like a drama queen here, Moh clearly had frustration building up after those convos Robbie referred to, and decided to take to Twitter (probably spontaneously) instead of working it out privately. Robbie on the other hand had a good reason to be pissed that he took it public, but then again could’ve worked out a joint statement of some sort to prevent this from blowing up.
According to the Robbie video above, Moh said that Robbie was "complicit in what is going on Palestine". That is a quite heavy charge to.lay at someone's feet. I may not agree with Robbie censoring Moh's Palestine pin, and I generally side with Moh in this argument, but I can fully undetand why Robbie isn't going to accept that charge being levelled at him.

InfiniteBoredom

According to the Robbie video above, Moh said that Robbie was "complicit in what is going on Palestine". That is a quite heavy charge to.lay at someone's feet. I may not agree with Robbie censoring Moh's Palestine pin, and I generally side with Moh in this argument, but I can fully undetand why Robbie isn't going to accept that charge being levelled at him.
I have done a bit of digging and rolled back all the way to around 10 days ago on his timeline, and there is no such thing (might have been deleted), there’s also the possibility that it was something he said during their conversations about wearing the pin, in which case we will just have to take Robbie’s word at face value, sans a confirmation from MoH.

Regardless, I think both of them acted rather poorly here. Behaving like jilted lovers when clear headed, grown men would just talk it out, put a generic statement with some fluff detailing his departure and go on getting on.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I have done a bit of digging and rolled back all the way to around 10 days ago on his timeline, and there is no such thing (might have been deleted), there’s also the possibility that it was something he said during their conversations about wearing the pin, in which case we will just have to take Robbie’s word at face value, sans a confirmation from MoH.

Regardless, I think both of them acted rather poorly here. Behaving like jilted lovers when clear headed, grown men would just talk it out, put a generic statement with some fluff detailing his departure and go on getting on.
Yeah it is a case of taking Robbir's word for it, but I would hope it's true because if it isn't, it would reveal something really sinister about Robbie and the way he runs AFTV.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
But the ranters are also, in some ways, being something they're not. They're all role playing characters and Moh's characters just happens to be this even-keeled, slightly pretentious mr level-headed. He doesn't come across as any less genuine than Troopz and DT.
This. They’re all caricatures now and their acts are past their sell-by dates.
All the world’s a stage fam,
And all the men and women merely players fam

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This coming from a guy that is basically is supporting the Glazers on here. Talk about pseudo intellectuals and people who think too highly of themselves.
Being against hooligans getting a game called off and that there is no realistic short term option to do better than the Glazers isn't support of them.

Last edited:

iKnowNothing

This whole saga with blud fam TV would make a great video in itself. They should just have a watch along kinda thing but with Moh, Robbie, DT and Ty arguing their version of the truth. :lol:

cyberman

Robbie has a history of flat out lying to protect AFTV. The bullshit excuse with Claude then throwing him under the bus comes to mind.

hubbuh

Being against hooligans getting a game called off and that there is no realistic short term option to do better than the Glazers isn't support of them.
Hooligans ffs! Don't be such a softie. Embittered football fans at the end of their tether after years of desecration of their beloved local, football club by toxic estranged business men from the states is fairer.

AshRK

Both of them have acted childish here but what Moh and his side of people are failing to understand is aftv is a football platform. If Moh wants to speak up then he should do on his own channel.

Having said that I don't understand how wearing a t-shirt or jacket with Palestine jacket can lead to people threatening robbie and forcing him to ask moh to stop wearing it. That just seems stupid. Unless Moh talked about politics in his aftv interview I see no problem with him wearing whatever he likes.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Both of them have acted childish here but what Moh and his side of people are failing to understand is aftv is a football platform. If Moh wants to speak up then he should do on his own channel.

Having said that I don't understand how wearing a t-shirt or jacket with Palestine jacket can lead to people threatening robbie and forcing him to ask moh to stop wearing it. That just seems stupid. Unless Moh talked about politics in his aftv interview I see no problem with him wearing whatever he likes.
He used to wear a free Palestine badge then he had to censor the word free with a black duck tape because people in the comments section were going crazy. Later AFTV just started to reup his interview cropped so it looked like it was zoomed in.

SuperiorXI

I think Robbie has a right to what he allows on his own platform that he created. If it is true he was getting a lot of outside pressure then it's up to him how he reacts. It's fair to say that this guy Moh could have used his own platform to express his views. It might look a bit hypocritical but it's his to do with how he likes, it's not a political channel.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
I think Robbie has a right to what he allows on his own platform that he created. If it is true he was getting a lot of outside pressure then it's up to him how he reacts. It's fair to say that this guy Moh could have used his own platform to express his views. It might look a bit hypocritical but it's his to do with how he likes, it's not a political channel.
But he didn't express any of his views. All he did was wear a badge :lol: he never said anything about Palestine ever.

AshRK

He used to wear a free Palestine badge then he had to censor the word free with a black duck tape because people in the comments section were going crazy. Later AFTV just started to reup his interview cropped so it looked like it was zoomed in.
Yes that's why I find it strange. It shouldn't have been such a issue to begin with. Robbie getting emails from someone to ask Moh to not wear the jacket is nothing but petty.

InfiniteBoredom

Yes that's why I find it strange. It shouldn't have been such a issue to begin with. Robbie getting emails from someone to ask Moh to not wear the jacket is nothing but petty.
Welcome to the Zionist lobby.

Tbh Robbie does find himself in a bit of a pickle there. He can of course ignore those mails but they won’t be shy in that case to level accusations of anti-Semitism at him/AFTV, which is ridiculous, but given how toxic that term is in mainstream discourse, can’t blame him for not wanting to have anything to do with it. Still, for all the guffs about being for the fans/by the fans, it’s ironic that he drops regulars like a hot potato at the first sign of trouble.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Excluding politic's topic that irrelevant to the current football from football platform. There is nothing wrong with what Robbie did there. I don't understand how you can call that as ''Pure cowardice''.

BLM is not a politic, it's more social movement and also at least it has some relevance to the current football since we have seen players being racially abused in the social media.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
To be fair Robbie is probably trying to limit his channel to be about Football and Arsenal only. Politics is quite sensitive. Especially the conflict between Palestine and Israel thats has been happening for a very long time. Theres a reason why its been like so, what one person sees might be completely different and fully contradict the other. I myself think Palestine needs to be freed but the person in other side of the world, at the same age as me might think of something completely different. What Robbie did could be interpreted as trying to protect his channel from out of topic discusions and debates and he has the right to do so as the channel owner. Moh could use his own channel and twitter to spread his opinion (or any messages related to it) instead.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Excluding politic's topic that irrelevant to the current football from football platform. There is nothing wrong with what Robbie did there. I don't understand how you can call that as ''Pure cowardice''.

BLM is not a politic, it's more social movement and also at least it has some relevance to the current football since we have seen players being racially abused in the social media.
Social issues are by definition political. It's a cop out to say BLM was a football initiative so therefore that's fine. Moh wasn't being vocal. He wore a pin. That's it. I somehow doubt Robbie would have had a problem with Moh wearing a red Labour pin.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Social issues are by definition political. It's a cop out to say BLM was a football initiative so therefore that's fine. Moh wasn't being vocal. He wore a pin. That's it. I somehow doubt Robbie would have had a problem with Moh wearing a red Labour pin.
BLM is not limited to a country or a conflict between countries. I agree with your sentiment but the conflict in Palestine is as much political as it is social.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
BLM is not limited to a country or a conflict between countries. I agree with your sentiment but the conflict in Palestine is as much political as it is social.
It's definitely political in Palestine. That much is clear. I'm making the point that it's a cop out to say BLM was just a social issue when social issues are political at it's very core.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's definitely political in Palestine. That much is clear. I'm making the point that it's a cop out to say BLM was just a social issue when social issues are political at it's very core.
Yeah but that's getting a bit philosophical, even though I and most will agree with you.

Media channels are very wary to condone or condemn certain movements if they look to be obviously political. BLM was about how all races should be perceived with equality and you can strip the politicking out of it. The Palestine protest by Moh is obviously one to stop bloodshed of innocent Palestinian lives, but within that is a lot of layers of conflict between the two countries which is a slippery slope.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah but that's getting a bit philosophical, even though I and most will agree with you.

Media channels are very wary to condone or condemn certain movements if they look to be obviously political. BLM was about how all races should be perceived with equality and you can strip the politicking out of it. The Palestine protest by Moh is obviously one to stop bloodshed of innocent Palestinian lives, but within that is a lot of layers of conflict between the two countries which is a slippery slope.
I hear you, and I agree with what you're saying. I understand Robbie’s position logically, I'm sure Moh does too, but there's something quite unsavoury about taking such a stance against a) a person silently showing solidarity with an oppressed population by wearing a tiny pin and b) his own mate.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I hear you, and I agree with what you're saying. I understand Robbie’s position logically, I'm sure Moh does too, but there's something quite unsavoury about taking such a stance against a) a person silently showing solidarity with an oppressed population by wearing a tiny pin and b) his own mate.
The unsavoury stance was not instigated by Robbie. It was more Moh who dug his own grave by calling AFTV out. They could have just amicably closed matters behind the scenes, as Robbie seems to have tried.

From both video accounts, it looks like Robbie asked him to not wear the Palestine stuff because of the political reasons, Moh declined. Robbie was pissed but nothing more, looks like AFTV allowed Moh to wear what he wanted from that, with the camera-man zooming in on him more instead.

But it was Moh's public calling out of AFTV thereafter which got him sacked, insinuating they were somewhat complicit in the conflict.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The unsavoury stance was not instigated by Robbie. It was more Moh who dug his own grave by calling AFTV out. They could have just amicably closed matters behind the scenes, as Robbie seems to have tried.

From both video accounts, it looks like Robbie asked him to not wear the Palestine stuff because of the political reasons, Moh declined. Robbie was pissed but nothing more, looks like AFTV allowed Moh to wear what he wanted from that, with the camera-man zooming in on him more instead.

But it was Moh's public calling out of AFTV thereafter which got him sacked, insinuating they were somewhat complicit in the conflict.
The original stance was taken when Robbie started censoring the pin.That's what Moh was reacting to when he called them cowards. There's no evidence of Moh saying Robbie is complicit in the oppression. Several people have checked. I have too. It's just something Robbie said. Could be true, and I want it to be true, but I could find no evidence of it. Moh even attempted self-cencor the pin by covering the word free, so it was just a regular Palestine pin in the end, but it seems like that wasn't enough for Robbie. Yeah making the beef public didn't help matters, but from Moh's perspective, I think the damage was done at that point.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The original stance was taken when Robbie started censoring the pin.That's what Moh was reacting to when he called them cowards. There's no evidence of Moh saying Robbie is complicit in the oppression. Several people have checked. I have too. It's just something Robbie said. Could be true, and I want it to be true, but I could find no evidence of it. Moh even attempted self-cencor the pin by covering the word free, so it was just a regular Palestine pin in the end, but it seems like that wasn't enough for Robbie. Yeah making the beef public didn't help matters, but from Moh's perspective, I think the damage was done at that point.
Even if we were to say that he called them cowards only, that's sackable. It's not really unsavoury in my opinion, because Moh crossed the line to damage the brand of his employers. Right then he said it's me versus you - which meant the only option was to drop him.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I didn't say that. ''more'' and ''just'' are big difference in definition and that's why organisation like football and other industry company are not getting involved in more political movement but only more on the social movement.

The company I am working is recently supporting social movement of Suicide Prevention. That's similar to BLM. They both are more social movement than political nowdays.

When matter is turning into more political then it is best for organisation or entity that does not involve in politics should step away.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Even if we were to say that he called them cowards only, that's sackable. It's not really unsavoury in my opinion, because Moh crossed the line to damage the brand of his employers. Right then he said it's me versus you - which meant the only option was to drop him.
Maybe, but I think the steps taken by Robbie that led to the disagreement just might outweigh the word coward. But anyway, it's not like I don't see where Robbie is coming from. I just disagree with him.