Arse FAM TV

red4ever 79

Was only a matter of time before the fan base turned on them. All this voice of the fans nonsense. He has the same 6 or 7 people on their every week. It's all a pantomime. Bubble has burst

cyberman

Now hes trying to get those protesters banned from football.
The absoulte cheek and hyprocricy of it all
Edit DT claiming the fans are all mouth etc. Does he want a hiding at this rate?

Nogbadthebad

Not being there its difficult to know what's true, but the aftv guys are saying that the other lot came at them mob handed.

That's not on, I don't agree with Andy Tate or Howson that often, but I'be fecked if I would stand by and watch them be threatened out of the club.

Marcelinho87

All these shitty club YouTube channels need binning off as none of them represent the fans as they say they do. They claim they give the fans a voice but when does anybody ever see any new faces on there? Never.

They put the same dickheads on week in week out to spout bollocks for clicks.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
All these shitty club YouTube channels need binning off as none of them represent the fans as they say they do. They claim they give the fans a voice but when does anybody ever see any new faces on there? Never.

They put the same dickheads on week in week out to spout bollocks for clicks.
Jees just because you only watch troopz and DT videos doesn't mean they don't talk to other fans. They have tons of videos where they talk to non n regulars and longer segments where they have smaller chats with non regular fans.

People are commenting as if they don't watch their videos. Also, it was before the time of AFTV that the Arsenal fans booed off Eboue, so it's naive and just inane to say that AFTV has brought this toxicity, it has existed long before AFTV came into the picture.

Tarrou

At the end of the day, ArseTV is successful because Arsenal are shite. It will keep on being successful as long as they're shite.

Not much their fans or anyone can do to change that now.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

Edit DT claiming the fans are all mouth etc. Does he want a hiding at this rate?
Pretty strong words in that video. I can see some idiots twatting him at the next game.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Pretty much declaring war on sections of the fans. And yet AFTV "isnt toxic"

Red00012

What a mess of a club , that must have been the worst arsenal teams out there in decades. Why fans loaded with alcohol think the issue with the club is AFTV is mind boggling. Ref Mr Kroenke

cyberman

Pretty much declaring war on sections of the fans. And yet AFTV "isnt toxic"
I think hes setting these fans apart from other fans so he can claim theyre thugs and not real fans. Thus saving their self given title of being the voice of the ordinary fan

RedPed

Whatabouter.

Not very self aware this guy. These are the same fans who gave Wenger and Emery a shitload of abuse as well as Ozil, Mustafi and Xhaka. But they're taking issue with abuse being directed at them now? I hope those fans turn up at every game.

R'hllor

He is talking about videos going around in socials, only saw one in this thread, everything was more or less verbally or there was some smacking around?

izec

Arsenal fans trying to be more entertaining and comical than their team defensive performances this season

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Does AFTV bring negativity towards the club? Yes

Does AFTV profit from Arsenal's failures? Yes

Would removing AFTV from going to matches or shutting the channel help? No

The people who want "AFTV out" are using their energy in the wrong place. If you want AFTV out go after the people who have created the conditions for AFTV to thrive in.

AFTV has become the biggest fan channel because of Arsenal's decline into mediocrity. The board have allowed this to happen by tightening the purse strings and letting Wenger go on way past his sell by date. They've kept fair weather players on big contracts or let their biggest stars go easily.

AFTV won't go away but if Arsenal start doing well then nobody is going to use it as banter stick to beat other arsenal fans with nor will Arsenal be a laughing stock.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Oh he's not very smart is Robbie, get these fans out, what those who are protesting to get AFTV out? It's about time sections of Arsenal fans took a stand against Robbie and his cronies, they've made the club a laughing stock for years which while on one hand is great for the neutral must be hard to take for Arsenal fans themselves

As much as I take great pleasure in watching the unhinging opinions of DT I'd actually love it even more if all of them were shut down and went back under the rocks they came from

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The only Youtube football fan channel that has more drama than a South Korean love movie.

Ludens the Red

I think if you find Arsenal fan tv offensive or find the need to protest it or think it represents arsenal fans or basically take it as anything other than slapstick YouTube entertainment you’re probably an idiot.
I think if you think arsenal fan tv is in anyway linked to the clubs poor form you probably need to get yourself checked for brain damage.

As for the arsenal fans specifically upset about it, direct your anger where it should be directed. Honestly if this is the biggest problem arsenal fans find with the club at the moment they probably deserve all the shiteness. I mean Meaut Ozil earns about 3 million pounds a month to do nothing but these lot are angry at Robbie because he has poxy YouTube royalties.

Also imagine there was a way you could not go on YouTube and search for arsenal fan tv videos. If only there was a way to do this...

FujiVice

Look, I kind of have sympathy for Robbie, because nobody deserves this kind of abuse over something so trivial. But he's made his bed by getting involved with the Sun and Sky Sports and TalkSport. If you put your face in shithole outlets like that, you will attract the vermin that follows it. If you want to be an independent fan channel, that's cool. If you want to go on TalkSport and spar with their garbage pundits, then if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its a fecking duck.

Rajma

I think if you find Arsenal fan tv offensive or find the need to protest it or think it represents arsenal fans or basically take it as anything other than slapstick YouTube entertainment you’re probably an idiot.
I think if you think arsenal fan tv is in anyway linked to the clubs poor form you probably need to get yourself checked for brain damage.

As for the arsenal fans specifically upset about it, direct your anger where it should be directed. Honestly if this is the biggest problem arsenal fans find with the club at the moment they probably deserve all the shiteness. I mean Meaut Ozil earns about 3 million pounds a month to do nothing but these lot are angry at Robbie because he has poxy YouTube royalties.

Also imagine there was a way you could not go on YouTube and search for arsenal fan tv videos. If only there was a way to do this...
Exactly, anger is so misdirected but that is Arsenal fans for you.

Green_Red

Unfortunately these fan channels seem to have missed the idea that they need to be unbiased. Uf they think they represent the fans views and then there is a section of fans that are unhappy with hiw they represent fans views then they need to gice those fans some airtime.

The fans that arent happy with AFTV are probably just sore because they are dogshit. If they were winning thered be no problem.

0le

This is from a week ago
Jim White comes across really poorly in that video, particularly in the last 5 minutes or so.

I find the creating toxicity in fanbase argument doesn't make a lot of sense. I agree with Simon that AFTV generates more clicks when they lose. But I do not think their videos are always toxic. For example, I don't remember hearing anything regarding their content during their unbeaten run, which suggests to me that they only become alledgedly toxic when Arsenal do poorly. But this is understandable and relatable to most fans. When they do lose, what they say is no different to what is said on twitter or social media forums. You only have to look at Lingard related tweets or redcafe matchday forums/performance threads for that.

The media also regularly deliberately create toxic content. The papers after the 1998 WC with Beckham, the disgraceful way the media treated Sterling and right to putting Sourness for all United games on Sky and hearing his endless berating of Pogba - even when the lad didn't play?! A cynic might think that fan channels have taken away some viewership from radio shows and sports panel shows, and that part of the media are creating a story that these fan channels are toxic to try and disrupt their influence.

Another topic was that Simon said they were just broadcasters but the difference is that AFTV have a conflict of interest because Robbie generates more clicks when Arsenal do poorly. As I said above, I don't remember hearing anything when the team does well. So for me, whilst there may be a conflict of interest, I don't think it has had as much influence as Simon suggests.

cyberman

Jim White comes across really poorly in that video, particularly in the last 5 minutes or so.

I find the creating toxicity in fanbase argument doesn't make a lot of sense. I agree with Simon that AFTV generates more clicks when they lose. But I do not think their videos are always toxic. For example, I don't remember hearing anything regarding their content during their unbeaten run, which suggests to me that they only become alledgedly toxic when Arsenal do poorly. But this is understandable and relatable to most fans. When they do lose, what they say is no different to what is said on twitter or social media forums. You only have to look at Lingard related tweets or redcafe matchday forums/performance threads for that.

The media also regularly deliberately create toxic content. The papers after the 1998 WC with Beckham, the disgraceful way the media treated Sterling and right to putting Sourness for all United games on Sky and hearing his endless berating of Pogba - even when the lad didn't play?! A cynic might think that fan channels have taken away some viewership from radio shows and sports panel shows, and that part of the media are creating a story that these fan channels are toxic to try and disrupt their influence.

Another topic was that Simon said they were just broadcasters but the difference is that AFTV have a conflict of interest because Robbie generates more clicks when Arsenal do poorly. As I said above, I don't remember hearing anything when the team does well. So for me, whilst there may be a conflict of interest, I don't think it has had as much influence as Simon suggests.
Doesnt the fact you barely hear anything from them during good runs prove Simons point?

0le

Doesnt the fact you barely hear anything from them during good runs prove Simons point?
As I said earlier, I don't recall hearing anything negative about the channel during that period of time when the club did well. This suggests to me nothing controversial was mentioned. If Simon's point was true, AFTV would be creating deliberately toxic videos during this period of time to generate clicks that they "lost" because the team have done well. The reality is that the fans are just happy the team is doing well.

EDIT: I don't follow AFTV except for watching DT rants when Arsenal lose. It is possible maybe they have created controversial videos during that time, and I have not heard about it.

cyberman

As I said earlier, I don't recall hearing anything negative about the channel during that period of time when the club did well. This suggests to me nothing controversial was mentioned. If Simon's point was true, AFTV would be creating deliberately toxic videos during this period of time to generate clicks that they "lost" because the team have done well. The reality is that the fans are just happy the team is doing well.

EDIT: I don't follow AFTV except for watching DT rants when Arsenal lose. It is possible maybe they have created controversial videos during that time, and I have not heard about it.
But thats my point. Nobody pays attention to them until they lose. They play into the fact Arsenal arent playing well and thats when rival fans or enbittered Arsenal fans give them views.
Lets say they are 100 percent innocent in that. It still doesnt change the fact this thread is full of giddy United fans anticipating AFTV vids after another hammering etc.
They went from harmless fancam to potentially having affects on the team when theyre slagging off players at a personal level and then watch games from their teammates boxes. Or when Ramsey got the nickname ham roll from his teammates because of troopz or when they destroyed Xhaka time and time again after telling us they know he and his family watches AFTV or are constsntly informed about it.
Its just weird that in this day of social media, and we are constantly told its vital in football and how we can engage younger fans, that AFTV are the face of Arsenal.

Irrational.

You only have to go on AFTV's most viewed videos to see what drives their viewing figures/ $$$.

I just checked - if you rank by 'most viewed', there are 25 fan reaction videos after a negative result before you get to the first positive one.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The people talking about AFTV spreading toxicity are deflecting imo.
If you're willing to beat someone up for making a video, you can have no complaints about being called a thug.

Last edited:

Adisa

Unfortunately these fan channels seem to have missed the idea that they need to be unbiased. Uf they think they represent the fans views and then there is a section of fans that are unhappy with hiw they represent fans views then they need to gice those fans some airtime.

The fans that arent happy with AFTV are probably just sore because they are dogshit. If they were winning thered be no problem.
Don't understand how this is possible. Fan channels by definition will be very biased.
AFTV are defined by the fans that make them famous but the interview a host of fans.
To be honest, apart from DT , I don't see what's wrong with most of them.
I don't see them express opinions I don't hear from other fans. Think the Arsenal fans upset are only upset cause they are being made fun of.
This thing isn't a big deal.
Arsenal fans need to direct their anger and the real reasons for toxicity.

Adisa

You only have to go on AFTV's most viewed videos to see what drives their viewing figures/ $$$.

I just checked - if you rank by 'most viewed', there are 25 fan reaction videos after a negative result before you get to the first positive one.
I don't see what is so bad, yes they make money but I don't know why people begrudge them.
It's schadenfreude. Most of the views after a loss are by opposition fans. Who bumps this thread after Arsenal wins? It's entertainment and I don't see what is wrong with it.
It doesn't mean that Claude, Robbie DT are now fake fans.

JMack1234

Clown mentality by some Arsenal fans.

There are a plethora of reasons Arsenal are where they are and none of them are Arsenal Fan TV.

LARulz

AFTV was born from the club being shit. Without them, they probably would have been run worse. Their publicity made the club, for right or wrong, acknowledge there is unhappiness.

But now, I initially thought AFTV have a right to be there but I think it's stale. It feeds off Arsenal losing and these Muppets who are grown men acting like children. They have a right to voice an opinion but it's not a coherent one - as that Tony guy says, it's just people doing soundbites wanting some coin. Look at the people in the background of the videos, they are pathetic and just there to get there 5 seconds of fame too. Robbie and co are lying if they say they are only doing this format to support the club and being fair - for the last year or so, it's been all about £££. But I don't blame them, they have to make a living too and it's piss easy

Irrational.

I don't see what is so bad, yes they make money but I don't know why people begrudge them.
It's schadenfreude. Most of the views after a loss are by opposition fans. Who bumps this thread after Arsenal wins? It's entertainment and I don't see what is wrong with it.
It doesn't mean that Claude, Robbie DT are now fake fans.
Nothing bad/ wrong with it at all, but this notion that it's a channel 'by the fans for the fans' is long gone. It's grown far beyond that and is now a media platform in its own right like BBC Five Live, TalkSport etc and a profitable successful business. Fair play to Robbie.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
The Wealdstone Raider....coming to an Arsenal game near you.

Sad feckers! :lol: